Uk Debit Card Atm Withdrawals

As the title suggests, I want to withdraw cash from a Thai atm using a UK (NatWest) debit card, NOT a credit card. A fee of 150B or so isn't the end of the world, but I heard it was impossible at any cost.

Cheers.

I have been using my Visa Connect debit card here for nearly 3 years and the only time I have a problem is every 3 months when they want me to phone for security checks

And I now use the GSB (Government Savings Bank) ATM to avoid paying the 150 Baht fee. I pay enough already without £3 extra each time.

Edited by G54

I have been using my Visa Connect debit card here for nearly 3 years and the only time I have a problem is every 3 months when they want me to phone for security checks

And I now use the GSB (Government Savings Bank) ATM to avoid paying the 150 Baht fee. I pay enough already without £3 extra each time.

My god you use Barclay's for overseas withdrawals for £300 they charge around £7.50 a time the same as crap west bank.

Nationwide cirrus free & no security issues to call home for.

If you been here 3 years you have a thai bank account?

If so just go to the bank with your debit card and P. port transfer what you need for the month, up to 200,000 a time at a cost of between 30bt to 100bt depending on amount, no charge should be incured in UK as this is classed as a payment.

Then use your Thai atm card, no charge :)

As the title suggests, I want to withdraw cash from a Thai atm using a UK (NatWest) debit card, NOT a credit card. A fee of 150B or so isn't the end of the world, but I heard it was impossible at any cost.

Cheers.

Been using my Lloydstsb debit card for the last 5 years with no problems, as long as theres a Visa logo on the ATM it works.

Just a little extra info you can't use debit cards in Malaysia, ATMS don't take them and the banks don't either apart from Maybank, in Kuala Lumpur the manager was adamant they didn't take them until I told him I'd used it several years earlier in Maybank Penang.

If so just go to the bank with your debit card and P. port transfer what you need for the month, up to 200,000 a time at a cost of between 30bt to 100bt depending on amount, no charge should be incured in UK as this is classed as a payment.

Believe it or not, the K Bank branch with my account refused to do that for me. Refused point blank to accept any use of my Visa card at all except to steer me to the ATM.

Maybe about time to switch banks.

edit

Forgot to say, thanks for the reminder. Meant to do something about that a long time ago and forget why I never did.

Edited by G54

Believe it or not, the K Bank branch with my account refused to do that for me. Refused point blank to accept any use of my Visa card at all except to steer me to the ATM.

Try again. My K bank branch in Prakhon Chai have a daily limit of 20,000 Baht.

I used my UK debit card in a TNB machine a couple of weeks ago with no problems.

Thai bank charged 150 Baht and my bank (HSBC) chaged 7.50 Sterling I think.

SEVEN POUNDS, FIFTY PENCE ????? :)

<deleted> !!!!!!

Penkoprod

Yep, just checked the account 7 Quid 50p Cirrus Charge on a 375 Quid (20k Baht) withdrawal.

edit

Forgot to say, thanks for the reminder. Meant to do something about that a long time ago and forget why I never did.

I Have used SCB for 4 years and have no problem. My primary account is in Loei, very curtious and a second accout in Pattaya where I work and I use the branch in Big C on sai 2 again very helpfull.

Then use your Thai atm card, no charge :D

edit

I Have used SCB for 4 years and have no problem. My primary account is in Loei, very curtious and a second accout in Pattaya where I work and I use the branch in Big C on sai 2 again very helpfull.

And, of course, SCB has a branch in London and that also makes it easy to transfer funds from within the UK. I'll be off this week to set up a new account. Be worth the savings in the long term :)

Cheers.

I had a NatWest debit card and Bangkok Bank ATM machines worked just fine. You need ones that have the Maestro symbol which not all Thai ATM's have.

Good luck.

Ian