Penang Visa Run

Hi guys excuse me if Im not upto date with the latest legislation/ruling for Visa runs, particulary the Thai Consulate in Penang. I thought the ruling was if you had 3 or more Visas previously you could not obtain another Visa in the Penang Thai consulate.

Anyway I previously had 1 60 day Visa which I obtained in Penang, extended for an additional 30 days. It was time to renew, so I went along to the Thai Consulate in Penang as I have done previously and was told they would not issue me another 60 day single entry Visa.

Waste of journey and expenses. I currently have 30 days, so I guess I need to go somewhere else??

Cheers

Has anyone has problems trying to renew a 1 year multiple entry visa at the Immigration Bureau because he/she has no recognized educational degree (eg. Bachelor's Degree) ?

regarding Thai consulate in Penang - is it always necessary that your work permit must have a 1 year extension or your work permit is valid for more than 6 months and only then the Penang consulate will issue a 1 year multiple entry non-immigrant visa 'B' to you?

are there any fee for obtaining 1 year multiple entry non-immigrant visa B ?

Background info:

town of residence: Hatyai

labour department office: Songkhla town

1st time application and approval of non-immigrant visa 'B' (1 year multiple entry) - successful

Next step activities:

1) renew visa again for 1 year multiple entry non-immigrant visa "B"

2) renew work permit for 1 year

Seek all kind advice.

Thank you.

Regards

Edited by SouthernSkies

Nobody can renew a visa at Immigration. You extend your stay one year at a time with school paperwork/work permit. Is this what you have? Or do you have a mutli entry B visa from outside Thailand and have to leave every 90 days?

I do not believe degree is a requirement for extension of stay. Can not answer the Penang question as teachers may be exempt from some of the general rules - suspect the teaching forum is best for teacher specific questions at times.

Nobody can renew a visa at Immigration. You extend your stay one year at a time with school paperwork/work permit. Is this what you have? Or do you have a mutli entry B visa from outside Thailand and have to leave every 90 days?

I do not believe degree is a requirement for extension of stay. Can not answer the Penang question as teachers may be exempt from some of the general rules - suspect the teaching forum is best for teacher specific questions at times.

Thanks for the pointers.

Actually I work as a non-teaching staff in a school. Do you have any ideas on how the visa rules apply to foreigners who work as non-teaching staff?

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the pointers.

Actually I work as a non-teaching staff in a school. Do you have any ideas on how the visa rules apply to foreigners who work as non-teaching staff?

as of september 2009, does anyone know if the consulate in penang will issue a non-immigrant, multi-entry b visa provided that the applicant has all, and i mean all, the necessary documentation and work permit? i have been going to kl the last 2 years, no problem at all, but would like to go to penang this time around.

any news would be greatly appreciated.

as of september 2009, does anyone know if the consulate in penang will issue a non-immigrant, multi-entry b visa provided that the applicant has all, and i mean all, the necessary documentation and work permit? i have been going to kl the last 2 years, no problem at all, but would like to go to penang this time around.

any news would be greatly appreciated.

If the company has registered capital of 8 million baht or more they will issue a visa.