What's Happened To Paradorn?

Seems like his game has fallen WAY off after his Mom dictated that he couldn't see Tata Young anymore. His world ranking has dropped faster than a speeding bullet. Is it a conscious/unconscious form of rebelling against parental control? :

Paradorn pole-axed as Pakistan clinch Davis Cup tie against Thailand

Sun Mar 6, 6:38 AM ET South Asia - AFP

LAHORE, Pakistan (AFP) - Aisamul Haq stunned Paradorn Srichaphan to clinch a 3-2 victory for Pakistan over Thailand in their Davis Cup tennis tie here.

Haq blasted 21 aces past the world number 33, who struggled on the grass court, to win 7-5, 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 and give Pakistan the decisive 3-1 lead.

Paradorn, who was also beaten in the doubles on Saturday, said, "I am upset about losing. It was bad luck, not a bad performance."

Edited by sriracha john

Seems like his game has fallen WAY off after his Mom dictated that he couldn't see Tata Young anymore. His world ranking has dropped faster than a speeding bullet. Is it a conscious/unconscious form of rebelling against parental control? :

Sun Mar 6, 6:38 AM ET  South Asia - AFP

LAHORE, Pakistan (AFP) - Aisamul Haq stunned Paradorn Srichaphan to clinch a 3-2 victory for Pakistan over Thailand in their Davis Cup tennis tie here.

Haq blasted 21 aces past the world number 33, who struggled on the grass court, to win 7-5, 2-6, 6-4, 6-4 and give Pakistan the decisive 3-1 lead.

Paradorn, who was also beaten in the doubles on Saturday, said, "I am upset about losing. It was bad luck, not a bad performance."

Maybe he just doesn't travel well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Sun Mar 6, 6:38 AM ET   South Asia - AFP

Maybe he just doesn't travel well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

Touche'.... :D:o

Davis cup can be explained by bad grass courts.

I just don't think he has the mental capacity or discipline to compete in the top ten. He is physically gifted and certainly has good technique, except at the net many times, but mentally he is doesn't have it to be in the top ten.

Remember top ten players like McEnroe and Aggasi who fell dramatically when they go involved with women and took their minds off the game. Regained it after they got rid of the woman. It doesn't take much to divert ones attention from the grueling drive required to be in the top ten.

He is rich beyond his dreams now, so mai pen rai.

I have also seen a much changed Paradon from his first year. Now he acts out like many on the tour, tantrums, racket throwing, line call arguments and the like. The tour has not been good for him, in my view.

He broke into the top ten when he hadn't played anyone good, but now, they all have his number, so the sharks will beat him everytime. He is a quater finalist because you can get that far, depending on the draw, if your a top fiftier.

In my view, he is a respectable professional tennis player who makes a very good living on tour and our disapointment in him is just a failure of our own expectations.

It was bad luck, not a bad performance."

Have you noticed when he loses, it is always "bad" this and "bad" that. Everything from his own knee, ankles, fever, grass court, weather, previous nights food, etc. It's a rare day when he admits that he was outplayed. What a poor loser! :o

Aisamul Haq blasted 21 aces past the world number 33

Have you noticed when he loses, it is always "bad" this and "bad" that. Everything from his own knee, ankles, fever, grass court, weather, previous nights food, etc. It's a rare day when he admits that he was outplayed. What a poor loser! :D

Yes, I have noticed. Too bad he didn't mention anything about his poor service return....

21 aces??? sheesh....

it was all "just bad luck". :o

Aisamul Haq blasted 21 aces past the world number 33

Have you noticed when he loses, it is always "bad" this and "bad" that. Everything from his own knee, ankles, fever, grass court, weather, previous nights food, etc. It's a rare day when he admits that he was outplayed. What a poor loser! :D

Yes, I have noticed. Too bad he didn't mention anything about his poor service return....

21 aces??? sheesh....

it was all "just bad luck". :o

Yeah, bad luck that recently he has to play against those better than him I suppose! :D

By the way, Tata's career seems to have taken-off again with several hit "singles" since she parted company with PS. :D

By the way, Tata's career seems to have taken-off again with several hit "singles" since she parted company with PS.  :o

yes, things seem to be at inverse proportion here.... the worse he gets, the more popular she becomes.

unlike at the time of the breakup, when he was doing well and her career was in the doldrums...

• 2 years later...

UPDATE... with a new love-life after Tata

Thailand's tennis star said to wed former Miss Universe

BANGKOK - Thailand's tennis hero Paradorn Srichaphan is engaged to a former Miss Universe and the couple are expected to tie the knot in Bangkok later this year, reports said Saturday.

Paradorn, 28, and Natalie Glebova, a 25-year-old Canadian beauty, have "developed a special relationship" and they will announce their engagement at a news conference in Bangkok on Tuesday, the English-daily Nation said.

The couple will tie the knot by the end of this year in "one of the most celebrated weddings of 2007," the paper said, while the Thai-language Daily News said the wedding would likely take place in November.

Paradorn, the former world number nine, and Glebova were first seen together last year when she kissed him as a reward for beating Britain's Tim Henman in the quarter-finals of the Thailand Open, the Nation said.

Glebova, who won the 2005 Miss Universe title in the pageant held in Thailand, is also popular here. She has visited a temple-turned-hospice for AIDS patients and has worked as a "brand ambassador" for the kingdom's Singha beer.

Paradorn was long Asia's top-rated men's player before sliding out of the world's top 50 for the first time in five years in 2006. He has also become a staple of gossip magazines as he used to date Thailand's pop diva Tata Young.

- AFP

I always figured the rumors about them were purely to promote natalie and keep her name running in the thai press so she could continue to do advertising in thailand.

This guy must really be a very good ladies man, for a Mrs. Universe to marry him. There must be CEOS, celebrities, and billionaires lining up to hit it.

Honestly, if someone wants to offer me odds that they will NOT get married, I will take that bet.

It's love-all for happy couple

Starting from their first meeting when she gave him a peck on the cheek on court at the Thailand Open last year, Miss Universe 2005 Natalie Glebova and tennis ace Paradorn Srichaphan have developed a special relationship.

Now they are set to announce their engagement at Bangkok's Sukhothai Hotel at 10.30am on Tuesday.

A source said the couple had already become engaged and wanted to inform the public about their good news.

A good friend of Glebova told The Nation that the Canadian beauty was not only wearing an engagement ring but also confirming to friends that it was an engagement ring.

Rumours about the engagement have circulated around town since Thursday. However, Thailand's top tennis player denied it at first, saying, "I really have no idea about it. From which source did it come?"

But after having a conversation with his father Chanachai yesterday, Paradorn no longer dismissed the news but remained tight-lipped.

"I won't give an interview to any media until Tuesday. You will hear and see things at the hotel," Paradorn said in a telephone interview with The Nation.

Chanachai said he had no intention of making a public announcement about the engagement because he preferred it to be within the two households. He said Glebova's parents would attend the event and refused to disclose details about any dowry.

The very first time the public saw the two together was last year when she kissed Paradorn as a reward for beating Tim Henman in the quarter-finals of the Thailand Open, which she attended as Singha's brand ambassador.

They later met more often as the tennis player is also a brand ambassador for the brewery. Since then, they have been seen together more frequently.

In February, they admitted they were "special" friends. The Srichaphans have given the beauty queen the Thai name Piangfah and the nickname Fah.

It is expected that the couple will tie the knot by the end of the year in one of the most celebrated weddings of 2007.

- The Nation

I always figured the rumors about them were purely to promote natalie and keep her name running in the thai press so she could continue to do advertising in thailand.

This guy must really be a very good ladies man, for a Mrs. Universe to marry him. There must be CEOS, celebrities, and billionaires lining up to hit it.

Honestly, if someone wants to offer me odds that they will NOT get married, I will take that bet.

hmmm... based on the latest, that might be worth laying down a bet with you.

:o

The trouble with Paradorn, is that he has a one dimensional game, that other players have caught onto, and he had basically made no changes or improvements since he made the top ten. I recall that Brad Gilbert offered to coach, him when he was at the height of his fame, but the family refused. I think that he has had his time, and was boxing above his weight!