Nicest Place To Work With Laptop In Public Place

Knakpattra

Hello all

I am a frequent traveller to Bangkok and i use to stay on Sukhumvit all the time... usually Soi 6 as well as other soi's

This time i have to spend some more time than the usual 1 or 2 days so i got some time to clear up the backlog of my work.

Who knows a nice place where i can work with laptop ( with wireless and/or at least a powersocket) while i can still do other things meanwhile (order drink/snack, look at the crowd whenever i wanna relax my eyes) ?

I know tht starbucks offers some space but i wonder if that is the only venue where u can sit down for 1, 2 or even 3 hours and still find a way to enjoy it a bit without people and/or staff who are wondering when the heck i piss off frm the chair that i have been occupying for so long.

Anyone knows? I prefer ofcourse the area of Sukhumvit :)

Question 2:

I was kinda amazed that when i went from arrival to departure @ the airport 2 weeks ago that i had to pay 200 baht on top of the normal fee... for the past years and even on Don Muang i always had my easy ways of getting into the city by just going up and getting a taxi at departures.

Did this now end? they changed the rules? any way to continue saving a few hundred baht on the ride frm aiport to city? Its all fenced now, how can it be done?

With this new rule, is it still worth to go up or is it better to get a taxi downstairs?

thx in advance :D

Edited by Knakpattra

Bradmans on Soi 23 always offered free WIFI for customers and in the lobby area of the JW Marriott hotel on Soi 4 you used to be able to get free WIFI access if you buy a coffee or something, I'm not sure if they still offer this.

Nope, haven't heard about that taxi fee bit. Was thru there about 12 days ago.

There's nice little cafe called the Mango Bistro (or something like that), very close to BTS Prom Phong. Good coffee, decent food, very nice atmosphere with free wifi.

there are many places in the emporium at soi 24 that have wifi access, some you pay some you do not.

it is a very active place (on the weekend at least) and there is lots to distract you (if you like that) while you work.

Hello all

I am a frequent traveller to Bangkok and i use to stay on Sukhumvit all the time... usually Soi 6 as well as other soi's

This time i have to spend some more time than the usual 1 or 2 days so i got some time to clear up the backlog of my work.

Who knows a nice place where i can work with laptop ( with wireless and/or at least a powersocket) while i can still do other things meanwhile (order drink/snack, look at the crowd whenever i wanna relax my eyes) ?

I know tht starbucks offers some space but i wonder if that is the only venue where u can sit down for 1, 2 or even 3 hours and still find a way to enjoy it a bit without people and/or staff who are wondering when the heck i piss off frm the chair that i have been occupying for so long.

Anyone knows? I prefer ofcourse the area of Sukhumvit :)

Question 2:

I was kinda amazed that when i went from arrival to departure @ the airport 2 weeks ago that i had to pay 200 baht on top of the normal fee... for the past years and even on Don Muang i always had my easy ways of getting into the city by just going up and getting a taxi at departures.

Did this now end? they changed the rules? any way to continue saving a few hundred baht on the ride frm aiport to city? Its all fenced now, how can it be done?

With this new rule, is it still worth to go up or is it better to get a taxi downstairs?

thx in advance :D

Hi,

You can still get a taxi at the begining or at the end of the departures floor road.

If you want a nice place for eyes to use Wifi internet in Bkk just go to any university and kindly ask a beauty her codes to connect, then try to keep focused on the laptop... :-)

Cheers.

I use Soi 8 Bar all the time when I need to have Wifi to work.

I've done bandwidth tests at all the bars with free wifi I could find in the low sois Sukhumvit area, and they have one of the fastest.

The tables are quite large, with comfy seating, and they provide another very important element : a power socket you can plug your laptop into.

It's a sports bar, so you have TVs all other the place, but the sound level is incredibly quiet nevertheless. I've had some voice over IP meetings right from the middle of that bar without problems.

You can get all the drinks and food you need while using your laptop there, of course. Food quality is quite OK. Prices are a little expensive, but since you're sucking up their power and internet bandwidth it's a fair deal. :)

On the minus side, the staff is not super friendly, even to regulars. But hey, if you're going there to work or get something done on the internet, that's not the most important part anyway.

On Sukamvet one good one is Hunter Pub in the Landmark. A couple of seats are close to sockets too.

Being in Nana it is not the cheapest place in the world but the quality and service are very good.

If you don't mind a short BTS ride then SalaDeng is by far the best area I have found for free wifi .Check out Mimi's cafe behind that big department store. You can sit for hours but they close at 7.

Hello all

....Question 2:

thx in advance :)

So to avoid the 50 baht surcharge (not a few hundred) for getting a taxi at the airport arrival area, you ended up paying 200 baht extra by getting on at deparures?

It is not a new rule that taxis are not suppose to pick up passengers at the depature area, it is just that now the authoritieis are taking measures to enforce it.

TH

Question 2:

thx in advance :)

most probably you have been ripped off...... who asked u to pay those 200 Baht ? a crooked security guard ? or the taxi driver himself ? if something like that happens, just get out of the taxi.

if arriving at Don Mueang, easy to hail one down on the main road, which is just a few steps away