Phuket Air Bkk To London

daveb1

Hi anyone flown with Phuket air recently and if flight was delayed did you get compensation? Whats it like in business class and economy. Flying with them later in the year interested in other peoples views :o

I flew with them at Xmas, got 24 hrs delay, and missed playing at 87 Club, so I faxed Phuket Air a copy of my work contract for 87 and they paid my fee to me in full plus 500 Baht.

The standard compensation is a coupon worth 250 pounds off a business class ticket, or 50 pounds off your next ticket.

I flew with them at Xmas, got 24 hrs delay, and missed playing at 87 Club, so I faxed Phuket Air a copy of my work contract for 87 and they paid my fee to me in full plus 500 Baht.

The standard compensation is a coupon worth 250 pounds off a business class ticket, or 50 pounds off your next ticket.

:o Flew with them at Xmas and flying again next month. Outward bound no problems at all, apart from flickering cabin lights. Return, the check in at BKK was painfully slow, and after boarding and the umbilicals removed were stuck for the best part of an hour with no AC - uncomfortable, but suspect this was the fault of BKK Air Traffic Control not providing a slot!

The service on board was as good as anything that I have experienced in over thirty five years of flying, and far superior to many national airlines. The food was perfectly adequate and one thing that was particularly noticeable was that the lavatories were serviced extremely regularly.

Bearing in mind that it is, a still relatively new, international carrier, and that there are faults that need ironing out, it seems to be doing a fair job at the economy end of the market.

Phuket air =Fair value, but being a small airline lacks the resources to deal with unexpected traumas hence the fairly erratic (and dramatic) on time performance record genarally reported on this and other forums, the downside.

I was considering flying with them, purely because their prices looked very attractive....so I did a little research and found that they seem to be strugggling...their planes are old and it is not uncommon for them to cancel flights at the last minute...thus causing many problems for passengers.....

Some people even wonder if they will last through the low season.

Qatar airlines on the other hand offer quite a good service at a reasonable price with minimum stop over times in the middle east.

I suppose at the end of the day you get what you pay for.

Thanks everyone. I guess they will have to pay the new EEC airline compensation

if they are really late with flights which i guess will make them buck up there ideas or it will tip them over the edge! Lets hope its not the latter.

Flew with them last year.

Flight to London was fine.

Very old ex KLM 747

Had an open return ticket. Trying to get a flight back to Thailand was a nightmare as not one travel agent had their number.

Flight back left approx on time and arrived about on schedule. Main memory of the flight was the amount of water flooding into the aircraft from the air-conditioning, fusing many of the overhead lights.Crew just used tape and polythene to keep it off the passengers, which worked until the quantity of water forced the tape off, drenching many people (myself included) Was extremely pleased to arrive in Bangkok in one piece.

Not on my list for any future trips.

Phuket Air recently had a Boeing 757 reclaimed by lessor due to not complying/carrying out the stipulated maintenance.

There are some horror stories on Skytrax reference Bkk-Uk flights as well.

Personaly would not use them.

cheers :o

I flew LGW - BKK - LGW in December/ January and this is the only airline I will never fly again.

Outbound, delayed by 4 hours projector broken and seat broken so it was a long uncomfortable flight. The cabin staff did their best but these planes are OLD and packed and the food was so poor that I didn't touch it even though I'm not a fussy eater and I was hungry.

The plane back to the UK was a very old ex Singapore Airlines plane. The trim was falling off and I am very surprised that this plane was still airworthy. I was relieved to get back to the UK. We had to refuel in the mid east and stay on the plane for 2 hours on the ground.

Maybe business class is better but its the same plane.

You think my experience was bad - I got off lightly when I heard some of the other passengers stories.

Bottom line is they are trying to run an airline with just enough 1970s planes which other airlines have pensioned off and of course when one of them goes wrong (As in December one had an engine fire and had to return to BKK) there are no spare planes so everybody is delayed 24 hours.

Oh and if you ask about any problems you get the usual Thai response - they lie.

I could write pages and pages on the stories I have heard about this airline from passangers on the home flight.

Oh and by the way andbaz2002 I don't believe you, you are either on air Phukets payroll, you have never flown with them or you are lying and it's as simple as that!!!

Back here in the UK, have heard numerous stories about the old aircraft that they are using and how friends who have flown them say never again. Phuket Air have, apparently, two fairly new United Airlines B747's coming in July so that will, hopefully make a differnce.

I flew LGW - BKK - LGW in December/ January and this is the only airline I will never fly again.

Outbound, delayed by 4 hours projector broken and seat broken so it was a long uncomfortable flight. The cabin staff did their best but these planes are OLD and packed and the food was so poor that I didn't touch it even though I'm not a fussy eater and I was hungry.

The plane back to the UK was a very old ex Singapore Airlines plane. The trim was falling off and I am very surprised that this plane was still airworthy. I was relieved to get back to the UK. We had to refuel in the mid east and stay on the plane for 2 hours on the ground.

You think my experience was bad - I got off lightly when I heard some of the other passengers stories.

Bottom line is they are trying to run an airline with just enough 1970s planes which other airlines have pensioned off and of course when one of them goes wrong (As in December one had an engine fire and had to return to BKK) there are no spare planes so everybody is delayed 24 hours.

Oh and if you ask about any problems you get the usual Thai response - they lie.

I could write pages and pages on the stories I have heard about this airline from passangers on the home flight.

Oh and by the way andbaz2002 I don't believe you, you are either on air Phukets payroll, you have never flown with them or you are lying and it's as simple as that!!!

Markee, I did fly Phuket air and while I will admit the planes were old, at least they were all on time and the food and service more than adequate. What do you expect when you pay peanuts for a flight? Edited by andbaz2002

Bit pointless flying Phuket Air at the moment as Ive just paid £375 with Thai.

Flew with them late last year and wasnt impressed.

Their UK-BKK prices arent good at the mo either as they seem to be concentrating on getting their AMS-BKK service off the ground

i flew them krabi-bkk-gatwick-bkk-krabi. Check in no probs, delayed 3 hours from krabi to bangkok for f*cks sake - and its only a 1 hour flight! went via phuket in the end - not good when ya planning a night out in bangers!

BKK to gatwick - never told by phuket air about the stop in sharjah - only 1 hour so no worries. Cabin crew - can't fault them...excellent service. Yes, planes a bit old, entertainment system dated, but what do you expect? They have only been flying internationally for not even a year!?! I think they have potential and would rather support a Thai carrier than c*nts like BA or Qantas.

They have only been flying internationally for not even a year!?! I think they have potential and would rather support a Thai carrier than c*nts like BA or Qantas.

:o Tend to agree with Mr. Lob, am sure that Richard Branson's Virgin Airlines must have experienced teething troubles in their early days.

• 4 weeks later...

Markee, I did fly Phuket air and while I will admit the planes were old, at least they were all on time and the food and service more than adequate. What do you expect when you pay peanuts for a flight?

Sorry andbaz2002 I was being a bit harsh on Poo air, but after reading your reference I realise that they are a quality airline and the fact that these b******s put my life and all the passangers on their sh***y aircrafts lives at risk is totally okay with me now. HONEST :o

Oh and the answer to your question...............................SAFETY

Edited by markee

when phucket end their gatwick bkk flight,s

end of april , apparantly still continuing their

amterdam - bkk flight,s due to travel agency commitments .

the winner,s will be the big boy,s

thai , b.A. quantas etc.

remember it was the likes of freddie laker that

made long haul flights affordable to the masses . :o

They have only been flying internationally for not even a year!?! I think they have potential and would rather support a Thai carrier than c*nts like BA or Qantas.

:o Tend to agree with Mr. Lob, am sure that Richard Branson's Virgin Airlines must have experienced teething troubles in their early days.

I flew with Virgin an awful lot at the beginning of their life. I found that they had relatively few if any of the problems that have afflicted Phuket Air. Richard Branson spent a heck of a lot of time talking to Freddie Laker before commencing his operations.

I found Virgin experiencing more problems when they sought to move up a notch or two when they were in expansion mode