Can Someone How Best To Say This In Thai ? With Thai Characters?

bloodmeal

Can someone please help me say this in Thai? maybe a little cheeky but i was wondering if soeone could translate how best to say a few corny lines in Thai ?

I would appreciate it, and i would like it in the thai characters, i asked on a different forum but they said it was cheeky to just join and ask....

btw i know its cheesy...

it's the following:

I dont care if your english isn't perfect,

Your eyes are.

I dont care if i need to wait for you,

You're worth waiting for.

I could hold you forever.

-Andy

Can someone please help me say this in Thai? maybe a little cheeky but i was wondering if soeone could translate how best to say a few corny lines in Thai ?

I would appreciate it, and i would like it in the thai characters, i asked on a different forum but they said it was cheeky to just join and ask....

btw i know its cheesy...

it's the following:

Your eyes are.

-Andy

ถึงภาษาอังกฤษเธอจะไม่เพอร์เฟ็กต์ ก็ไม่สำคัญ

ดวงตาของเธอนั้น ช่างสวยเกินบรรยาย

ถึงจะต้องรอเธออีกนานเท่าไร

แต่ถ้าได้เธอมา อย่างไรก็คุ้ม

ฉันอยากโอบกอดเธอไว้ชั่วนิรันดร์

loose translation. also, i'd wait for a native speaker's opinion before using this. they may well approach it very differently.

btw i know its cheesy...

it's the following:

Your eyes are.

-Andy

loose translation. also, i'd wait for a native speaker's opinion before using this. they may well approach it very differently.

ooo, thankyou for the try though, i dunno ... i think native speakers wont bother to do this :)

Here's a cruder, shorter alternative to aanon's very proper rendering. (might get a laugh or a slap; not sure)

These few lines would be easier to memorize, (if you intend to deliver the lines to him/her yourself) and approximates the Thai rules for poetic couplets. But careful with tones...

แม้ภาษายังอ่อน ขอน้อมนำตาเธอ

รอคุณ คุ้มค่า

อ้อมกอด ตลอดได้

Good luck.

TN

Here's a cruder, shorter alternative to aanon's very proper rendering. (might get a laugh or a slap; not sure)

These few lines would be easier to memorize, (if you intend to deliver the lines to him/her yourself) and approximates the Thai rules for poetic couplets. But careful with tones...

แม้ภาษายังอ่อน ขอน้อมนำตาเธอ

รอคุณ คุ้มค่า

อ้อมกอด ตลอดได้

Good luck.

TN

:D Thankyou.

if it makes a difference i am not gonna attempt pronounciation, im gonna write it very ornately and carefully on a card to go with flowers :)

is there somewhere else i should be posting this rather than here ?

If I may say, I think aanon's translation is pretty good and sweet. It might not be a word by word translating, but the meaning is there.

But Taonow's translation is something I, a native Thai speaker, couldn't understand the meaning of it at all. Sorry for saying it frankly.

Another version if you want should be ;

ผมไม่แคร์หากภาษาอังกฤษของคุณจะไม่ดีพร้อม

แต่ที่แน่ดวงตาทั้งคู่ของคุณนี่สิที่งามเลิศ

ผมไม่สนถ้าผมจำเป็นที่ต้องรอคอยคุณ

เพราะคุณนั้นคุ้มค่ากับการรอคอย

ผมกอดคุณไว้ในอ้อมแขนของผมได้ตลอดกาล

If I may say, I think aanon's translation is pretty good and sweet. It might not be a word by word translating, but the meaning is there.

But Taonow's translation is something I, a native Thai speaker, couldn't understand the meaning of it at all. Sorry for saying it frankly.

Thankyou so much :) i will start writing it out by hand now :D i got some nice pens for it today.

i hope she likes it.

-Andy.

and btw what about signing it "Andy" at the bottom in Thai ?

btw i know its cheesy...

it's the following:

Your eyes are.

-Andy

Aanon, a native speaker just confirmed for me (and you) that your translation is perfect (and sweet - her words, not mine).

Edited by venturalaw

Aanon, a native speaker just confirmed for me (and you) that your translation is perfect (and sweet - her words, not mine).

Thanks venturalaw,

It's always worth that final check. Sometimes I find that the grammar and syntax are ok but a native speaker will remark that "we just don't say it that way". This is especially likely to happen when it comes to 'poetic' stuff like this. But hey, if I can achieve "sweet", I'm more than happy.

Thanks venturalaw,

It's always worth that final check. Sometimes I find that the grammar and syntax are ok but a native speaker will remark that "we just don't say it that way". This is especially likely to happen when it comes to 'poetic' stuff like this. But hey, if I can achieve "sweet", I'm more than happy.

Mai pen rai krup. I'm still learning to say sawadee krup. Maybe someday I'll approach your obvious proficiency.

Cheers.

Edited by venturalaw

I tried drawing it out, first time ive ever explored thai, and looking at sites and stuff i see my characters are a bit off ... i copied it from small font .. is it still readable?

thaipoemdrawing.jpg

I tried drawing it out, first time ive ever explored thai, and looking at sites and stuff i see my characters are a bit off ... i copied it from small font .. is it still readable?

thaipoemdrawing.jpg

My wife gives you an 'A' re: your script. But then again she is Thai and very jai dee. Kidding. Actually she was quite impressed.

My wife gives you an 'A' re: your script. But then again she is Thai and very jai dee. Kidding. Actually she was quite impressed.

:D thanks, i looked on the larger images of the characters, and i see the little things i drew like tadpoles are supposed to look more like "6"s and the little swan that sits on top of some characters actually is hollow...

found all that out AFTER i'd spend 6 - 8 hours doing it all properly spaced to fit on the page etc etc.

atleast i learned something new :)

thanks again !

:D thanks, i looked on the larger images of the characters, and i see the little things i drew like tadpoles are supposed to look more like "6"s and the little swan that sits on top of some characters actually is hollow...

found all that out AFTER i'd spend 6 - 8 hours doing it all properly spaced to fit on the page etc etc.

atleast i learned something new :)

thanks again !

:D ! she loved it. I'd love to do this again sometime now that i'm a little better at drawing the characters ! :D

Thank you all so much !

Just another request, this one is alot shorter and simpler, i just wanna know how to write:

"I love you,

Please dont leave."

Thanks if someone can do that. :)

There are a few ways you could say that.. but I will just say it very basic for you:

ผมรักเธอ อย่าทิ้งผมนะ

By the way, you having some problems or what?!

Just another request, this one is alot shorter and simpler, i just wanna know how to write:

"I love you,

Please dont leave."

Thanks if someone can do that. :D

There are a few ways you could say that.. but I will just say it very basic for you:

ผมรักเธอ อย่าทิ้งผมนะ

well i always knew she was gonna have to go back to thailand in september... i just didnt know how much it was gonna hurt :S

whats the best way to say it in such context ? im just gonna write it down and give it to her, i leave on a trip before she leaves for thailand so im gonna give it to her then :)

thanks to every1 who helps me on here, everyone is so nice.

"I love you,

Please dont leave."

Thanks if someone can do that. :D

ผมรักเธอ อย่าทิ้งผมนะ

well i always knew she was gonna have to go back to thailand in september... i just didnt know how much it was gonna hurt :S

whats the best way to say it in such context ? im just gonna write it down and give it to her, i leave on a trip before she leaves for thailand so im gonna give it to her then :)

thanks to every1 who helps me on here, everyone is so nice.

Stop! You're going to ruin our reputation.

When I put in yoot's translation into google tranlation I get:

I do not care if your English is not perfect.

But surely both of your eyes is beautiful สิ excellent.

I ignore if I need to wait you.

Because you are worth the wait.

I hug you in my embrace at any time.

Sensible.

But aanon' is translated like this:

English as she is not a Perfect Post is not important.

Her eyes are. Full of beautiful than described.

She will have to wait much longer time.

But if she has come. What is worth.

I want to embrace her evil doomsday.

As I cannot read Thai at this level, could anybody transliterate/write out word for word/explain why - if they are both comprehencible Thai - one comes out quite stranger than the other?

Sensible.

As I cannot read Thai at this level, could anybody transliterate/write out word for word/explain why - if they are both comprehencible Thai - one comes out quite stranger than the other?

thanks, but ive already done that one im looking for the second one now :)

I have tried to 'decompose' your translation - is this correct?:

ผม ไม่ แคร์ หาก ภาษา อังกฤษ ของ คุณ จะ ไม่ ดี พร้อม

แต่ ที่ แน่ ดวงตาทั้ง คู่ ของ คุณ นี่ สิ ที่ งาม เลิศ

ผม ไม่ สน ถ้า ผม จำเป็น ที่ ต้องรอ คอย คุณ

เพราะ คุณ นั้น คุ้ม ค่า กับ การ รอ คอย

ผม กอด คุณ ไว้ ใน อ้อม แขน ของ ผม ได้ ตลอด กาล

If so - I will try to work out the total tomorrow (the 1st line is something like: I not care if language english of you will not good ready (may be I am on thin ice here)).

If not - please be so kind to write it out in words that a beginner can relate easily to.

Thanks

"I love you,

Please dont leave."

lol.. Grow some ball's boy! She's gonna walk all over you....

Hah ! :D

i have both sides, its the best way to be in my opinion.

Sensible.

The meaning of both translation is similar in Thai versions, they might look different in the English versions you got from google because some words have many meanings which google translation couldn't give you the correct one.

I have tried to 'decompose' your translation - is this correct?:

แต่ ที่ แน่ ดวงตาทั้ง คู่ ของ คุณ นี่ สิ ที่ งาม เลิศ

ผม ไม่ สน ถ้า ผม จำเป็น ที่ ต้องรอ คอย คุณ

เพราะ คุณ นั้น คุ้ม ค่า กับ การ รอ คอย

ผม กอด คุณ ไว้ ใน อ้อม แขน ของ ผม ได้ ตลอด กาล

If so - I will try to work out the total tomorrow (the 1st line is something like: I not care if language english of you will not good ready (may be I am on thin ice here)).

If not - please be so kind to write it out in words that a beginner can relate easily to.

It should be decomposed this way;

แต่ ที่ แน่ ดวงตา ทั้ง คู่ ของ คุณ นี่ สิ ที่ งาม เลิศ

ผม ไม่ สน ถ้า ผม จำเป็น ที่ ต้อง รอคอย คุณ

เพราะ คุณ นั้น คุ้มค่า กับ การ รอคอย

ผม กอด คุณ ไว้ ใน อ้อมแขน ของ ผม ได้ ตลอด กาล

the 1st line is something like: I not care if language english of you will not good ready

I would suggest to translate the word 'พร้อม' as 'complete'

"I love you,

Please dont leave."

"ผมรักคุณ

ได้โปรดอย่าจากผมไป"