Buying Iphone 3gs. Need Some Advice On Accessories

sillyfools

Since 3G coverage is good in my area and my fixed Skype phone broke down, I've ordered the Iphone 3GS and will pick it up on Friday.

I walked in to the True Urban Park shop at Paragon and was overwhelmed with the amount of covers available (all wrapped so you can hardly see anything)...

so....

1) What brands/types of covers can you recommend for the Iphone 3G/S ... and which to avoid?

2) Did anyone try the cover with the part that improves the camera lens for macro-shots?

3) Did anyone try the cover that has an extra battery built in? How much weight does it add? Is it worth it?

I read some posts before and I will want to jailbreak the 3GS for sure.

4) What is the right procedure to do (keeping in mind that I don't want to void my warranty so I will need to be able to back up the original phone somehow first)?

I have already lots of audible audiobooks on my pc (downloaded with Audiblemanager).

5) Can I just copy them to the iPhone or should I download them once again? Is anyone using the improved audible enhanced audio format? Apart from better sound quality, is it more easy to navigate to different chapters on these audiobooks as I remember that on my pc, that is something that was lacking on audible.

Any help and other recommendations are much appreciated. I'm new to the iPhone but I'm most interested in the applications.

Edited by sillyfools

Only limited help I am afraid.

1. I have never found a decent cover. The cheap ones in particular are totally useless. Why Bt30,000 on a phone and save Bt500 on a cover that doesnt fit. Maybe try the MAC shop at Panthip. I dont think a cover is necessary.

2. No

3. No

4. A standard jailbreak like redsnow is reversed by restoring your phone - it will look like it wasnt jailbroken in the first place.

5. I have a lot of audible books too. I thought they were all .aa file format. These sync with your iphone in other words if you listen on your iphone and then listen on your pc you will start again from the right position. (I suspect you are talking about a newer format that I dont know about.)

Ok not much help but here are the Apps...

Itunes

Air photo - wireless printing of photos

Blocked - great game

Thai stock - if you like the market

Drinks Free - 5000 cocktails

Fake Call Pro - get anyone to ring you anytime

Get2Me - SMS, MMS, Email locations

Motion GPS - superb sailing biking GPS app

Google Earth

Labyrinth - great game

Ohmygolf - amazing GPS golf app

Shazam - recognizes virtually all songs

Tetris - game

Toki Tori - game

Trivial Pirsuit - game

Bejeweled 2 - game

Sygic SEA/Thailand - real voice turn by turn GPS as good as Garmin close to Tom Tom

PUniverse - stargazer

Cydia

Bossprefs - control your phone

MIVtones - video ringtones

MCleaner - whitelists/blacklists