Big Trouble In Tourist Thailand

jlaw666

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^HM - hopefully you will still associate with us lil people after the series ends. :D

Wonder if HM will be heading to Hollywood next? :)

On a more serious note what do we have to look forward on tonight's show?

I'll be completely honest with you...I haven't got a clue!!!

All I have been told is that i feature a lot in Episode 5 and 6 apparently.

Just watched the "plane crash" episode again.

I've changed my mind. I think the programme is boring and poorly made.

RAZZ

Well, only so many episodes you can make of drunk holiday makers getting caught with drugs/scammed by a bar lady/stupidly invested your life savings into a investment scam.

I have the opinion of poorly edited more than poorly made. I wonder just how much was actually filmed and they just didn't dare use most of it.

ah, the conspiracy theory angle....dunno...

I know the government weren't happy with the image it portrayed of Thailand, but I think they were just running out of material. At Thai visa shows, for 5 and a half years, you get the same posts day in day out. Only so many ways you can skin a buffalo.

post-31474-1254739286_thumb.jpg

Bloody hel_l Howard, how many programs have you been in? Eastenders as well? :)

The first person to shout out "Grant Mitchel" on Walking Street will get a punch in the face :D

how about 'hansum man' :D

Seriously though, keep up the good work. you are providing an invaluable service.

post-31474-1254739286_thumb.jpg

Bloody hel_l Howard, how many programs have you been in? Eastenders as well? :)

The first person to shout out "Grant Mitchel" on Walking Street will get a punch in the face :D

It's a shame that they aren't filming anymore, would be worth seeing that. :D

HM - will you be saying: "DO NOT RESIST" as you deliver the punch in the face? (hopefully better punching than the arm locks) :)

:D surely his punching can't be worse than his arm locks.

Edited by mrtoad

IN the meantime, Thailand's favorite jet ski owner has gone on Thai tv this evening claiming that it was all part of a written script. The Thai "news" section mentioned that the Brit soldiers will now need to come back and testify. LOL

It may be as in The Three Amigos movie, where one party (or both parties) were under the impression that it was a largely scripted encounter, possibly getting some encouragement from the camera / production crew, perhaps issuing hints that the gun was not to worry about, etc, who knows. And you know how it goes when shooting video.. Things are edited and may not happen in sequence. After all was agreed upon they may have asked JJ to do a scene where he walked out with a gun, to be edited in later. That explains why the gun is nowhere to be seen in some of the unedited footage. Heck even I do that all the time with home videos when re-arranging scenes, don't tell me it doesn't happen in reality TV. :)

And, imagine this from the point of view of the marines, walking in on soemthing what must have looked like a movie set, with an over-the-top acting performance being delivered by JJ-the-boat-guy.. :D It must have been quite surreal. He didn't even look or sound particularly Thai.. I wasn't convinced he even was Thai until he yelled at his equeally stereotypical henchmen to "jad-garn" (manage, "take action")

In "Triple X" there's also a scene where Vin Diesel is sent into an actual Colombian drug producer's lair and the guy is SO stereotypical that they don't believe it's real. :D

Stunning TV, credit where credit is due. :D If there were Oscar-type awards for reality TV then they totally deserve one. Love to see JJ get on the podium and do his thanks. etc.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai

correct me if im wrong but the only bargirls so far have been Lady Boys.

good luck with that oevna :D

Well, that's kind of my point. I was hoping they would give some of the ladies (who were born that way) a shot, since Thailand is not all ladyboys. There are a few real ones out there still, aren't there? :)

Actually there was the ting tong bargirl chasing the punter around expecting to be paid for just sitting with the lad. :D

True, but I really feel that her character development was not fully explored in that episode.

There are a number of things that the TVP need to maybe improve on, and I really don't think they are perfect in the way that they portray themselves at times. However, I do think they have a place and I think that credit should be given to those that do get off their ass and do what can only be described as a difficult job. I've poked a bit of fun at Howard here, but I do think that he has a sense of humour and is doing a reasonable job. His arm locks are <deleted> though. :)

What is everyones problem with the volunteer police, and Howard Miller or whatever his name is.

Seems like a nice enough bloke to me, and hes doing something good for the country, good for tourists and it must be a really interesting job!

Is this a case of sour grapes? People resenting someone doing something interesting here since most foreigners just get drunk all day and complain bitterly.

There are a number of things that the TVP need to maybe improve on, and I really don't think they are perfect in the way that they portray themselves at times. However, I do think they have a place and I think that credit should be given to those that do get off their ass and do what can only be described as a difficult job. I've poked a bit of fun at Howard here, but I do think that he has a sense of humour and is doing a reasonable job. His arm locks are <deleted> though. :)

What is everyones problem with the volunteer police, and Howard Miller or whatever his name is.

Seems like a nice enough bloke to me, and hes doing something good for the country, good for tourists and it must be a really interesting job!

Is this a case of sour grapes? People resenting someone doing something interesting here since most foreigners just get drunk all day and complain bitterly.

Not sure if you are using my post to suggest that I am digging at the TVP? If so, think you need to read it again.

As for your assumption that most foreigners just get drunk all day, do they really? You must either be hanging out with the wrong people, or just a tourist.

I'm curious why someone would privately "invest" in a police force? :)

So they can lead the group and carry a gun?

Before anyone says anything, I have never invested in my Group, I am the Group Leader because I was voted in to the position by my colleagues.

Care to elaborate Howard? If possible of course.

Anyone that would pay to be in such a position I would have serious doubts about their suitability and motives.

Before anyone says anything, I have never invested in my Group, I am the Group Leader because I was voted in to the position by my colleagues.

I was just curious about the SWAT team. The TPV's job and oversight are pretty clear but this special unit was sort of glossed over without a lot of explanation. Has echos of Blackwater written on it.