Knuckle Dusters & Cs Spray

STEALTH K3

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst in Thailand I saw these items for sale on the streets and in shops for sale.  What is the situation owning these??????????????????

As far as i know it is legal in Thailand itself but illegal in most parts anywhere else in the world . I am not sure about using these objects , but i'm quite sure that it is like a handgun . You cannot use a handgun in Thailand unless you property is being tresspassed or something like that . I never saw a problem in Thailand with people having big knives in their pockets and walking across the street for exemple .

Don't know if there illegal or not in LoS!

But why would you need them unless you would use them.

If you would use them, then you also need help!

I have been sprayed with CS gas and it is not a pleasent experience, I thought i'd been sprayed with spray paint, I also thought I was going to get a kicking, so I ran off, head on, straight into the nearest tree, my face was a mess.

I also meet a guy who had had his whole face peeled off so that they could rebuild his face after someone had whacked him with a knuckleduster.

Read the article about the guy who has just been killed, would you be happy killing a man over a girl in a fit of rage. In this case it was knive, but the items you mention can kill, CS gas is classified as a firearm in my own country!

Leave them on the shelve!

Edited by booma

I have been sprayed with CS gas and it is not a pleasent experience, I thought i'd been sprayed with spray paint, I also thought I was going to get a kicking, so I ran off, head on, straight into the nearest tree, my face was a mess.

I also meet a guy who had had his whole face peeled off so that they could rebuild his face after someone had whacked him with a knuckleduster.

Read the article about the guy who has just been killed, would you be happy killing a man over a girl in a fit of rage. In this case it was knive, but the items you mention can kill, CS gas is classified as a firearm in my own country!

If some mad Thai man came running at me with a knife I sure as ###### would like to have something to defend myself with.

Did you purposely run into the nearest tree or was the nearest tree just in the direction you was running?

Carrying a weapon in self defence can, in itself, cause problems. Running away might be the best choice in the situation you mention. The idea of having a weapon in such a hypothetical situation can seem appealing but in reality very differant. What if the assailant returned with a gun? I would agree to a lady carrying some form of self defence to protect herself from rape, in a notorious area, for instance.

I was totally blinded and in immense pain, the tree was just unlucky to be in my way as I tried to FLEE the scene. I knew the attacker and wasn't too keen on hanging around. I would not have had time to use a weapon and if I had it could've easily ended up being used on myself

I just don't like weapons full stop, never have, never will.

Just read your second post, and yup, fair enough leave em at home. But they could still end up being used on yourself :-)

Edited by booma

I have cs and a stun gun by the bed for the wife (when i'm out). :D

Or when she's not in the mood. :o

Shocking :D

Don't rely on those stun-guns - they don't work.

I spent an evening with a friend in the pub with one - we zapped each other all night - just a few bruises was all.

Don't send stun gund back to the UK - someone I know is serving 6 months for that over there.

I regularly pass the stalls outside the Landmark Hotel, they have some really wicked looking weapons on open display.

It always amazes me that this is allowed - with a Police Box just yards away too - yet if things like Sex Toys were on offer they would be confiscated and the seller arrested immediately.

Patrick

If some mad Thai man came running at me with a knife I sure as ###### would like to have something to defend myself with.

Did you purposely run into the nearest tree or was the nearest tree just in the direction you was running?

Carrying a weapon in self defence can, in itself, cause problems. Running away might be the best choice in the situation you mention. The idea of having a weapon in such a hypothetical situation can seem appealing but in reality very differant. What if the assailant returned with a gun? I would agree to a lady carrying some form of self defence to protect herself from rape, in a notorious area, for instance.

I was totally blinded and in immense pain, the tree was just unlucky to be in my way as I tried to FLEE the scene. I knew the attacker and wasn't too keen on hanging around. I would not have had time to use a weapon and if I had it could've easily ended up being used on myself

Just read your second post, and yup, fair enough leave em at home. But they could still end up being used on yourself :-)

What if the assailant returned with a gun?

Then he would have had to go and get the gun, in which time you would have run away, that is unless you wanted to hang around to see what gun he had.

I'm not saying everyone should carry a weapon, merely saying that if you had something at hand it might make the assailant think twice and give you time to save your life.

A friend and his family were nearly involved in a high speed accident because of a stupid Thai truck driver doing a U turn, he got out of the car to approach the truck and the driver and passenger jumped out waving hammers about, my friend went back to the car and pulled out a spring cosh, the Thais then apoligised and quickly got back into there truck.

If he didnt have the cosh maybe they would have beaten him to death in front of his family, because they 'can't lose face'.

Nearly every Thai I know has a weapon in whatever vehical they have.

In a country where if you get in a problem the solution is to kill or lose face, I'd say its best to have some sort of defense

the tree was just unlucky to be in my way as I tried to FLEE the scene. :o

My old man was a London Bobby for years. As most poms would know they don't carry a gun. My Dad went on to set up an investigation company and cash carrying company in Oz.

He always told me "you know the problem when you carry a weapon is that it can be taken away from you and used against you."

I still believe that to be the case.

Nomad

.............he got out of the car to approach the truck and the driver and passenger jumped out waving hammers about

What was the point of your friend getting out of his car - absolutely asking for trouble!

It's a Truck driver for heavens sake; did your friend expect to be able to remonstrate - even communicate - with him in any way but a physical one???

Rule Number 1 in Thailand is avoid a confrontation - and certainly DO NOT initiate one.

I have lived over 30 years in Thailand, and the only time I have ever felt physically threatened was when confronted by a couple of US MP's in an upcountry hotel when - because of my job at the time - I happened to be carrying a gun. That experience convinced me that weapons, in a civilian situation, are definitely more dangerous than helpful.

That said, it still amazes me that in Thailand a 9" K-Bar is considered OK to offer for sale but a 9" Dildo will get you arrested!

Patrick

Then he would have had to go and get the gun, in which time you would have run away, that is unless you wanted to hang around to see what gun he had.

I'm not saying everyone should carry a weapon, merely saying that if you had something at hand it might make the assailant think twice and give you time to save your life.

A friend and his family were nearly involved in a high speed accident because of a stupid Thai truck driver doing a U turn, he got out of the car to approach the truck and the driver and passenger jumped out waving hammers about, my friend went back to the car and pulled out a spring cosh, the Thais then apoligised and quickly got back into there truck.

If he didnt have the cosh maybe they would have beaten him to death in front of his family, because they 'can't lose face'.

In a country where if you get in a problem the solution is to kill or lose face, I'd say its best to have some sort of defense

'Returned' doesn't necessary mean he would go far to gain a gun. A car, motorbike, tuk tuk, friend, pocket, could all be seconds away. I should've been a bit clearer.

Your friend could've just got lucky. Two guys with hammers, one with cosh, my money would be on the hammers, but who knows. You sure your friend hadn't started shouting at these guys to make them loose face in the first place, you say they nearly caused the accident. But point taken.

Reminds me of a time with a pile of coconuts and a taxi driver, but thats another story.

the tree was just unlucky to be in my way as I tried to FLEE the scene.

Yes, a bit embarrassing, but if you knew this guy you wouldn't have of waited around for the boot or worse, especially not being able to see jack. Shortly after hitting the deck I heard his car door shut and he drove off, probably in fits that i'd done his job for him, maybe it was a good thing to do, I certainly wasn't in a winning position.

CS gas is naughty stuff even though it clears up fairly quickly and doesn't scar, it f******g hurts, it burns like crazy for the first hour or so. It can still blind you if your unlucky. I looked like Adam Ant for the next couple of days with a big red stripe across my eyes/nose in addition to big grazes on my forehead and cheek.

Edited by booma

Please use quoting instead of colors guy's :D

The "seunack meu" or brass kunckles (knuckle dusters for your Brits:) are offered just about anywhere but I think you're not allowed to carry them. Don't see why it would be a problem to possess them...I once had a pair of these "paper weights" in Florida which is perfectly legal; they stayed at home. Brass kunckles wouldn't be a very efficient weapon since they're awkward to deploy in a tough situation and you have to get very close to your opponent. I would go for either a blackjack (springy, leather covered club with a cylindrical lead weight at the end) or a telescoping baton..that way you may have a chance against somebody with a knife or brass knuckles. I think it's legal to carry pocket knives unless they're huge (something with a 4" or shorter blade should be ok) or unless they're switchblades.

Pepper spray would be terrible on a windy day...you could end up looking like this afterwards: :o Chatuchak Market has good selection of weird looking knives and other weapons if you're interested. Most would only be good as collector's items...to big/wild looking to be carrying on the street.

As another poster has said, there is always the chance your attacker may take your weapon away from you and then you're in trouble. Know when you can use it and how to use it and you should be alright.

Glock 19 with a couple +2 17 round magazines (you know, just in case there is a seige or something) for my gal bedside.  XX% of my estate already willed to her as well. 

Now that's trust. 

:o

Heng is destined to become another "Farang shoots himself..girlfriend baffled,"we were so happy" she said, "can someone give me a lift to the bank?"

The "seunack meu" or brass kunckles (knuckle dusters for your Brits:) are offered just about anywhere but I think you're not allowed to carry them. Don't see why it would be a problem to possess them...I once had a pair of these "paper weights" in Florida which is perfectly legal; they stayed at home. Brass kunckles wouldn't be a very efficient weapon since they're awkward to deploy in a tough situation and you have to get very close to your opponent. I would go for either a blackjack (springy, leather covered club with a cylindrical lead weight at the end) or a telescoping baton..that way you may have a chance against somebody with a knife or brass knuckles. I think it's legal to carry pocket knives unless they're huge (something with a 4" or shorter blade should be ok) or unless they're switchblades.

Pepper spray would be terrible on a windy day...you could end up looking like this afterwards: :o Chatuchak Market has good selection of weird looking knives and other weapons if you're interested. Most would only be good as collector's items...to big/wild looking to be carrying on the street.

As another poster has said, there is always the chance your attacker may take your weapon away from you and then you're in trouble. Know when you can use it and how to use it and you should be alright.

Hmm – here’s a theory.

Maybe for some reason Bangkok attracts a large number of pseudo macho poseurs which is why there is a demand for these things?

Some time ago we had one Poster who spoke lovingly, almost sexually, about “his blade” which he carried around whenever he was in Bangkok.

Now we have another chappie eager to expound on the relative merits of various weapons – with the obvious underlying theme that he’s a really “Hard Man” who knows how to handle any situation.

Sad fact is that all your artificial, Dojo learnt, “skills” are completely useless in a real life situation; I recall about 20 years ago a Korean Tae Kwan Do Instructor – who held the equivalent level of a 3rd Dan in Judo – was killed in a brawl in a Patpong bar ……… by a Thai waiter using a broken beer bottle.

Bottom line is very simple.

Avoid the confrontation and walk away.

Patrick

Hmm – here’s a theory.

Maybe for some reason Bangkok attracts a large number of pseudo macho poseurs which is why there is a demand for these things?

Some time ago we had one Poster who spoke lovingly, almost sexually, about “his blade” which he carried around whenever he was in Bangkok.

Now we have another chappie eager to expound on the relative merits of various weapons – with the obvious underlying theme that he’s a really “Hard Man” who knows how to handle any situation.

Sad fact is that all your artificial, Dojo learnt, “skills” are completely useless in a real life situation; I recall about 20 years ago a Korean Tae Kwan Do Instructor – who held the equivalent level of a 3rd Dan in Judo – was killed in a brawl in a Patpong bar ……… by a Thai waiter using a broken beer bottle.

Bottom line is very simple.

Avoid the confrontation and walk away.

Patrick

I agree Pat :D

CS spray is dangerous in the wrong hands.....and that means anyone who is not trained in the use and deployment of the spray. I was trained in the use of CS spray or OC spray as we use here as part of my job training and we have refesher courses to ensure that we can use it effectively and safely.

Trust me it is not a matter of just picking it up and depressing the plunger...

I think Thaiboxer is an ideal candidate for TVP...Are you really that scared that you have to walk around tooled up all the time? you martial artists are all the same, pathetic in a proper ruck, and America wonders why it has the highest murder rate, you are all sitting around trembling and reaching for a weapon at the first sign of trouble.

Glock 19 with a couple +2 17 round magazines (you know, just in case there is a seige or something) for my gal bedside.   XX% of my estate already willed to her as well.  

Now that's trust. 

:o

Heng is destined to become another "Farang shoots himself..girlfriend baffled,"we were so happy" she said, "can someone give me a lift to the bank?"

That would be Thai shoots himself.

Anyway, you can't take it with you when you kick the bucket, so someone may as well enjoy it.

:D

CS spray is dangerous in the wrong hands.....and that means anyone who is not trained in the use and deployment of the spray.  I was trained in the use of CS spray or OC spray as we use here as part of my job training and we have refesher courses to ensure that we can use it effectively and safely.

Trust me it is not a matter of just picking it up and depressing the plunger...

i agree,especially if your pointing the nozzle towards you :o

I feel safer anywhere in Los than I do anywhere in UK, and I don't carry weapons in the UK.

Get a good Bhudda around your neck (this must be given by a Thai) and that should protect you more than any weapon would. Mine is especially good for protection against knive wounds, it's from a temple in North Bangkok, Leung Bour bin (or something like that) is the top monks name, he'll give you a bamboo tattoo of a Tiger that will give you more protection if you so desire!

I was given this Bhudda amulet by a friend in Bkk and then proceeded to find out more about it during my travels. fascinating.

Some places I went Thai's I didn''t even know were coming to me and asking to see my Bhudda. All said 'ahh very goooood, very lucky' upon seeing it!

I am very grateful to my friend for giving it to me!

It was also good for detecting katoey's :-)

I feel safer anywhere in Los than I do anywhere in UK, and I don't carry weapons in the UK.

Get a good Bhudda around your neck (this must be given by a Thai) and that should protect you more than any weapon would. Mine is especially good for protection against knive wounds, it's from a temple in North Bangkok, Leung Bour bin (or something like that) is the top monks name, he'll  give you a bamboo tattoo of a Tiger that will give you more protection if you so desire!

I was given this Bhudda amulet by a friend in Bkk and then proceeded to find out more about it during my travels. fascinating.

Some places I went Thai's I didn''t even know were coming to me and asking to see my Bhudda. All said 'ahh very goooood, very lucky' upon seeing it!

...so you found what you were looking for then..... :o

Get a good Bhudda around your neck (this must be given by a Thai) and that should protect you more than any weapon would. Mine is especially good for protection against knive wounds, it's from a temple in North Bangkok, Leung Bour bin (or something like that) is the top monks name, he'll  give you a bamboo tattoo of a Tiger that will give you more protection if you so desire!

ok... I guess.... :o