2 Drug Traffickers Executed

LaoPo

Breakingnews

2 drug traffickers executed

Published on August 24, 2009

Two drug traffickers on death row received lethal injections yesterday evening.

They were Bundit Charoenwanich, 45, and Jirawat Phumpruek, 52.

Both were arrested on March 29, 2001 for having 114,219 methamphetamine tablets in possession. Convicted of drug trafficking, they were given the capital punishment.

The Nation

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 24 August 2009

LaoPo

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I saw this on the Thai news today. My Thai is not great but I think they were saying this was the first execution(s) in six years in Thailand.

Yes, it was on December 11th, 2002 I believe, and the book:

The Last Executioner can be thrown in the garbage bin.... :)

post-13995-1251124590_thumb.jpg Chavoret Jaruboon...not the last anymore....

http://www.thaiprisonlife.com/index.php?op...&Itemid=115

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

I saw this on the Thai news today. My Thai is not great but I think they were saying this was the first execution(s) in six years in Thailand.

Yeah, me and my wife saw it as well.

There are, as far as I remember from today's program, 163 men and 3 women waiting for execution here.

They have abandoned the firing squad I understand, and started with lethal injections instead.

Unfortunately it are always the big bosses that escape prosecution.

Very true a sad fact of life Mario.

Although that is a fact, they (the bosses) are still not the ones smuggling it, and get caught.

Im pretty sure all the criminals related to drugs here, are aware of the punishment if they get caught.

It is a choice they take.

Nomatter what level in the organization they belong.

methamphetamine or ya ba is a nasty drug to kick for those addicted. Worse that alcohol or heroin.

Although I think laws on some street drugs could be relaxed. Ya ba is just nasty. It has no medical use and the less on the streets the better.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

This is a giant step backwards, a return to the barbarism of the past.

I wonder why they chose to execute convicted drug dealers rather than convicted murderers ?

I personally think governments who choose to execute people should make video footage of the executions available, I wonder why they keep it secret and hide it from the public, are they ashamed of what they are doing ? When it's hidden and done in secret I guess public support is easier to obtain as every day people don't need to confront the horror that their government is inflicting on its citizens.

I wonder who made this decision.

I wonder why they chose to execute convicted drug dealers rather than convicted murderers ?

I personally think governments who choose to execute people should make video footage of the executions available, I wonder why they keep it secret and hide it from the public, are they ashamed of what they are doing ? When it's hidden and done in secret I guess public support is easier to obtain as every day people don't need to confront the horror that their government is inflicting on its citizens.

I guess it is if you want to send out a message to prevent it from happen again.

Or to just get rid of bad elements in the society.

Public executions would be an even bigger step backwards.

Who? : The present Democratic Government and I doubt very much if PM Abhisit Vejjajiva didn't know.

This is not a decision easily made and must have been a topic, discussed by the top in the Government.

If it was a wise decision remains to be seen.

LaoPo

Unfortunately it are always the big bosses that escape prosecution.

It only takes one to bring up, "they were just small fish, the big ones never get caught". Well, if you fry all theri small fish....how do they make their mula? How do you know they weren't biggies? I doubt they would protect their "boss" since they were headed for "big drop-off".

Breakingnews

T

Excellent News! :)

Bet you wouldn't be so gung-ho about it if one of them was your son, no matter how culpable.

Edited by raro
changed LaoPo's Post back to the original

Hopefully, it will be the murderers turn next, in fact, they ought to expedite the deaths of all those on death row - once their appeals have failed of course.

Who the <deleted> do you people think you are? God?

Christ, there are some neanderthal life forms who post on here....

Bet you wouldn't be so gung-ho about it if one of them was your son, no matter how culpable.

Well that's where your wrong - I'd disown any relative of mine that commits a first class offence.

Good heavens! I pity any children of yours.

I don't believe in God & I hate criminal sympathisers. :)

You don't have to be a criminal sympathiser to realise that the old testament "eye for an eye" is simply a barbaric refuge for the intellectually challenged.

Hopefully, it will be the murderers turn next, in fact, they ought to expedite the deaths of all those on death row - once their appeals have failed of course.

Whats God?

You don't have to be a criminal sympathiser to realise that the old testament "eye for an eye" is simply a barbaric refuge for the intellectually challenged.

Hang on an Eye for an eye ,thatll be in that fictional book the Bible with that fictional God that some think they are?

Hang on an Eye for an eye ,thatll be in that fictional book the Bible with that fictional God that some think they are?

Yes, that's the one.

It seems to me (and I speak as an atheist), that some people could do with a dose of compassionate christianity, as they seem to have lost any sense of humanity. (If indeed they ever possessed it).

(Love the username, yabaaaa)

NO one deserves to die because of crappy drugs!

Anyone who wants drugs gets them somehow, legalise soft street drugs and lower their penaltys.

Yaba isn´t good, we all know that. But drugs in general are not a bad thing!

Hey, when i smoke a fatty i feel pretty relaxed and couldn`t harm anyone.

Anywhere in the world.

Alcohol is more worse, dam_n it takes lifes! Weed does not for example and even used for medical purposens as tablets for HIV and Cancer patients.

Weed is good :)

Legalize soft drugs, TAX on them, and give the harder ones state controlled for hardcore addicts.

Thats the way to go folks!! Any war on drugs will be lost!!!

Just some thouths.

Edited by luvU2much500THB

Breakingnews

T

Excellent News! :)

PLEASE!!! Mr. ClaytonSeymour:

It is not allowed to post within someone else's post, in this case mine.

It now looks as if I would agree with your comments and applause that 2 people were executed by lethal injections.

"2. Please do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes or wording. Such posts will be deleted and the user warned."

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Forum-Netiqu...31#entry2641331

Thank you.

LaoPo

//edit: I have changed back your post to the original and the member has been warned. raro :D

Florida

The minimum trafficking quantities and the amount that may result in the death penalty for a variety of drugs are included below:

* Heroin, morphine and other opiates: 14 grams, possible capital punishment for over 60 kilograms

* Phencyclidine (PCP): 28 grams, possible capital punishment for over 800 grams

* Amphetamines or methamphetamines: 14 grams, possible capital punishment for over 400 grams

* Gamma-hydroxybutyric acid (GHB): 1 kilogram, possible capital punishment for over 10 kilograms

* Lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD): 1 gram, possible capital punishment for over 7 grams

* Methaqualone (quaaludes): 200 grams, possible capital punishment for over 50 kilograms

* Flunitrazepam (roofies): 4 grams, possible capital punishment for over 30 kilograms

* 3,4-Methylenedioxymethamphetamine (MDMA): 10 grams, possible capital punishment for over 30 kilograms

If you have been charged with drug trafficking, contact

If you support the worldwide abolition of capital punishment, visit the site of the World Coalition Against the Death Penalty.

Edited by Bizz

ukrules :)

drugs are certainly a scourge on society, and there are certainly other more heinous crimes, non deserves the punishment of death. I am not a bleeding heart liberal and I have no problem inflicting death on anyone that intends to harm me or my family , but it is really a very simple proposition “ do we want the state to have the legal power of death and life over as? How easy would be for a BKK cope to frame you as a drug trafficker???? How difficult it would be for you to defend your self after you have being executed??

The concept is easy: Never take anything , ( unless under extraordinary circumstances) that you can not return, if later you found out you were wrong to take