Cute Thai Nickname For A Girlfriend Wanted

JPRG

Hi All,

Can someone please tell me a sickly cute Thai nickname for a Thai girlfriend. The name needs to be soooo sickly cute that it would be used on a Thai sitcom. The English equivalent would be "Pookie".

I can only think of ยอดรัก /Yord-rak and สุดที่รัก / Soot -tee - rak. It might not be what you want.wait for suggestions from others.

Which of course ultimately leads to cao chiwit.

I think you should just call her Joan, to express your true feelings in advance. : )

Mee Noi is pretty cheesy, it means little bear. Make sure you say it right tho, you dont wanna call her "mia noi".

Then the classics; waan jai, tii rak, etc

Mee Noi 'little bear' is the sort of thing I am after but you are right it is very close phonetically to Mia Noi.

Come on guys just think of all those cute English Language names. Pumpkin, Cuddle Bug, marshmallow, Jellybean, Peanut, Cutie Pie, Lamb Chop, Wuggle Bear. The Thai language must be full of them.

I asked a couple of my Thai friends.. I really don't think they have a lot of names like this. I could be wrong, but my friends listed of the regular ones (teerak, etc.) and really didn't have much past that.

From what I've seen though... Thai seem to be more focused on saying cute phrases/statements/compliments to their partners, more than just a cute name.

Why don't you carry your girlfriend's giant purse (designer gym bag lol) for her... that always makes me smile when I see that. :)

As already mentioned, and I could be wrong, but it doesn't seem like Thais have too many words like that (honey, sweetie, pookie, etc.). I've been told a word for "darling" before, but can't remember it.

Just call her "cutie" in a really sweet, loving, drawn-out voice while gesturing with your hands that she's "cutie", and keep doing it. She won't know what the hel_l you're talking about, but it'll probably evoke quite a few giggles and smiles. Works for me!

The wife jokingly (?) calls me "dahk-ling" ดากลิง (monkey's butt) a take off of the English word "darling".

Otherwise she just says "Here's your food; shut up and eat it." :)

hahah, the neighbors heard me laugh on that one.

The wife jokingly (?) calls me "dahk-ling" ดากลิง (monkey's butt) a take off of the English word "darling".

Otherwise she just says "Here's your food; shut up and eat it." :)

hahah, the neighbors heard me laugh on that one.

Haha...my missus calls me that too...I usually respond with ว่าไงช้างน้อยจ้า? (whats up little elephant?).

It usually results in something getting slapped.

Mee Noi is pretty cheesy, it means little bear. Make sure you say it right tho, you dont wanna call her "mia noi".

Then the classics; waan jai, tii rak, etc

Mee Noi 'little bear' is the sort of thing I am after but you are right it is very close phonetically to Mia Noi.

Come on guys just think of all those cute English Language names. Pumpkin, Cuddle Bug, marshmallow, Jellybean, Peanut, Cutie Pie, Lamb Chop, Wuggle Bear. The Thai language must be full of them.

How about PORK CHOP? :)

Haha...my missus calls me that too...I usually respond with ว่าไงช้างน้อยจ้า? (whats up little elephant?).

If I mouth off ฉันรู้ที่ไหนเป็ด (I know where there's ducks) is all I get as she menances me with a cleaver......

If I mouth off ฉันรู้ที่ไหนเป็ด (I know where there's ducks) is all I get as she menances me with a cleaver......

Sorry, being a dummy, I don't get it. What' the connotation/association?