Safes In Bangkok ?

richard_smith237

Hi folks…

Does anyone know anything about electronic safes ??

I’m looking to buy an electronic safe for a new apartment (similar to the ones we find in hotel rooms).

After some research I have found a shop that imports ‘Elsafe’, its Located down Sukumvit 71 in Bangkok (it used to be down Sukhumvit soi 22) , I was quoted B23,000 for a closet safe (the Elsafe infinity II and Sentinel II which are pretty much the same sizes as we see in hotels and look quite decent, but expensive).

I am looking for other makes of electronic safes and suppliers in Bangkok.

Anyone who has purchased a safe for their condo / Apt / office / home etc would you mind taking a moment to offer some assistance and advice?

Thanks in advance…

Hi folks…

Does anyone know anything about electronic safes ??

I’m looking to buy an electronic safe for a new apartment (similar to the ones we find in hotel rooms).

After some research I have found a shop that imports ‘Elsafe’, its Located down Sukumvit 71 in Bangkok (it used to be down Sukhumvit soi 22) , I was quoted B23,000 for a closet safe (the Elsafe infinity II and Sentinel II which are pretty much the same sizes as we see in hotels and look quite decent, but expensive).

I am looking for other makes of electronic safes and suppliers in Bangkok.

Anyone who has purchased a safe for their condo / Apt / office / home etc would you mind taking a moment to offer some assistance and advice?

Thanks in advance…

I have seen safes being sold in most malls.

Bought one myself a few years ago in a shop specializing in safes, near by Robin Hood pub, in Bangkok.

It is big enough for A-3 sized sheets.

Fire proof.

Not electronic.

Paid 5-6000 for it.

By the way, why do you want an electronic safe?

Because I have one in my current apartment and find it very convenient, it takes less than 2 seconds to open with the pin code.

I've read here on TV how mechanical safes can be a headache to operate, but I've never used one myself.

I'd rather the digital / electronic type (not necessarily one that works off the mains).

The safe in my current apartment is an 'Elsafe', I'd like something similar.

Because I have one in my current apartment and find it very convenient, it takes less than 2 seconds to open with the pin code.

I've read here on TV how mechanical safes can be a headache to operate, but I've never used one myself.

I'd rather the digital / electronic type (not necessarily one that works off the mains).

The safe in my current apartment is an 'Elsafe', I'd like something similar.

Ok, I see your point.

Only problem of course is when the electronics fail.

Another is the fact that anything electronic can be opened these days, with equipment bought on internet.

The mechanical ones takes 4-5 seconds to open.

Normally you choose 3 numbers, and to open it: stop on the first number after you passed it 3 times. Stop on the second number (by turning other way) after you passed it 2 times, and stop on the 3rd number (other way again) after you passed it 1 time.

Then use the key, if you chose one with key as well.

And one can NOT open these safes by using a stethoscope.

:)

But of course, if you like the electronic ones. Up to you.

:D

Thanks for your replies... after a little more research I just found this company.... Golden Safe Co Ltd (I think they are located at the Bang Rak end of Rama IV, I'll check out their prices and quality.

The safe is something to place my watches, valuable data (HD) and other small easily stolen valuables in - Given time I'd guess that if I were to be burgled then they could just remove the whole safe etc, but it offers more security than a locked drawer.

I've never had any issues in the past, but I'll be using new maids and prefer to keep things out of sight and also prefer to keep things simple without additional keys.

Please don't get an electronic safe. They are very easy to get into.

My advise as well.

Easy to buy readers online.

Don't buy an electronic safe.

When you book in a hotel, never use an electronic safe.

All you need is the 4/5 digit unlock code.

Hotels all over the world scam tourists with electronic PIN code safes. The staff are smart and just take the cash and leave everything else untouched, so when you report it to police they just think you are making it up and don't act.

The safe is something to place my watches, valuable data (HD) and other small easily stolen valuables in - ...... offers more security than a locked drawer....... keep things out of sight ........without additional keys.

If you can carry the safe home, then some one can carry it out. If you want one for security, might as well get a decent one. If you are just trying to keep things out of sight and get a "walk around" safe (which are usually more for fire protection than loss protection), you may be just kidding yourself that it is secure, also. But, yes, a small electronic one can eliminate one key in your pocket, if nothing else.

I bought an electronic safe at JJ Market, 4,600 baht.  It came with some bolts which can secure it to the wall or my wardrobe.  I lrather like it.  I know someone can make off with it if they really try, but my condo is not really big enough for a huge safe which cannot be moved.

I like it because it is quick and easy.  No, it is not the most secure thing in the world, but it should deter the casual thief-of-opportunity.

Top floor of MBK, where all the furnture shops are there are a couple of safe stores.

We got ours there for about 4-5000. Fireproof, aparently, it is where we keep all our sensitive documents.

It requires a four digit pin and a key to unlock it. Dunno if this makes it any safer, but the key is on my key ring and leaves the house when I leave.

Top floor of MBK, where all the furnture shops are there are a couple of safe stores.

We got ours there for about 4-5000. Fireproof, aparently, it is where we keep all our sensitive documents.

It requires a four digit pin and a key to unlock it. Dunno if this makes it any safer, but the key is on my key ring and leaves the house when I leave.

Yes, I forgot to mention mine is fireproof.

I hid my key in a fairly hard-to-access place.  I completely realize my safe is not fool-proof, but it serves me adequately.  

I hid my key in a fairly hard-to-access place.  I completely realize my safe is not fool-proof, but it serves me adequately.  

Unfortunately, if you thought of it so will an intruder :)

The emergency bypass key for when we forget our combination lives with Wifey's son 10km away, also means he can access the contents should anything untoward happen to us :D

Some like the mother, and some like the daughter.

We all like different things.

But I think it is important to go with one that also has a key.

And fire proof of course, which normally also make the safe very very heavy. Even though my safe is small, it takes 2 persons to carry it.

And a key is so easy to hide (or carry with you) that one needs a CSI team to find it.