I Have Discovered A New Drink...

MaiChai

Pepsi green and scotch. Very different taste and quite addictive. Try it, you will be surprised. However Pepsi green on its own is horrible; something bbetween root beer and cola?

Anyone else discovered any new or unusual drinks?

I would not even describe Pepsi green as a cross between root beer (or sarsparilla - i drink i love) and cola , more like watered down sewer water and more watered down sewer water.

I wonder who pepsi did their market research on when they developed this one and i wonder who buys it - i did once tho just to try it . Never ever again .

But each to their own - i love sarsparilla /root beer and most don't so who is to dictate taste .

I would not even describe Pepsi green as a cross between root beer (or sarsparilla - i drink i love) and cola , more like watered down sewer water and more watered down sewer water.

I wonder who pepsi did their market research on when they developed this one and i wonder who buys it - i did once tho just to try it . Never ever again .

But each to their own - i love sarsparilla /root beer and most don't so who is to dictate taste .

When one considers that the "scotch" being mixed with the Pepsi Green (whatever the h&ll that is), if the typical grade, is about the equivalent of anti-freeze, it may go well with sewer water. The OP did describe it as a "new" drink.

Pepsi green and scotch. Very different taste and quite addictive. Try it, you will be surprised. However Pepsi green on its own is horrible; something bbetween root beer and cola?

Anyone else discovered any new or unusual drinks?

Well done!

Have you tried putting Ribena in milk?

That would be 'Ribena toothkind' - Very popular in the UK, early nineties.

How about the Japanese green tea Oshi with a dash of gin and plently of ice? Not a bad original cocktail.

You are all too cynical. Has anyone tried it? I only bought it because Tescos was selling it reduced for 10baht for a 1.25lt bottle. Guess they can't shift the stuff :) I then tasted it, and though yuk, then tried it with scotch...

Oishi tea with gin; now that sounds interesting.

I discovered a new drink the other day that gives the the best bang for baht yet discovered.

It's called "SiamSato' (blue label with gold writing) and only seems to be available in the 7-11 round here. It comes in bottles about the same size as a big beer has vol 8% alcohol and only costs 30฿

One bottle of that and I'm anybodys - Great value.

Cheers :)

I discovered a new drink the other day that gives the the best bang for baht yet discovered.

It's called "SiamSato' (blue label with gold writing) and only seems to be available in the 7-11 round here. It comes in bottles about the same size as a big beer has vol 8% alcohol and only costs 30฿

One bottle of that and I'm anybodys - Great value.

Cheers :)

ERR!! Is that the one that tastes a bit like a nasty wine cooler?

Had a few beers the other night and got two bottles of this on the way home. At the time i could only handle 3/4 of the bottle due to what seemed to me a sickly sweet chemical taste.

I did notice the alcohol content too, although on the bottle it looks to be printed as 0.8 alc%???..not sure about that?

It did taste quite strong so i presume it is indeed 8%

I thought it may be handy as a mixer but definately NOT to be taken khun-diao!!

I dont know why but after having the usual 2 botts of Leo and a nightcap of this stuff i woke up feeling like id been run over by the BTS.. :D

At the Villa market in Bangkok and the Fuji markets they carry an isotonic drink from Japan called Pokari Sweat....just by itself it is reallg good, a bit pricey at 35 b a can. I mixed it with ice cold saki......I call them Samurai coolers and all my buddies scoff until they have one... :)

ERR!! Is that the one that tastes a bit like a nasty wine cooler?

Had a few beers the other night and got two bottles of this on the way home. At the time i could only handle 3/4 of the bottle due to what seemed to me a sickly sweet chemical taste.

I did notice the alcohol content too, although on the bottle it looks to be printed as 0.8 alc%???..not sure about that?

It did taste quite strong so i presume it is indeed 8%

I thought it may be handy as a mixer but definately NOT to be taken khun-diao!!

I dont know why but after having the usual 2 botts of Leo and a nightcap of this stuff i woke up feeling like id been run over by the BTS.. :)

That sounds like the one. hel_l of a hangover the next morning. But it only cost 30฿ :D

I drink it with a LOT of ice that way it's not too sickly sweet.

:D