Nong Khai Re. Udon Office Starting Up.

Went for my 90 day report stamp today and was told to report to Udonthani police station for my next visit ( Dec. 1st ) as that will be my local office.

I couldn,t find out exactly when it will open there, ( the happy one was dealing with my report ) but I will investigate further with a visit the police station on Friday.

If a referrence to this has been posted already, apologies to one and all.

marshbags :)

Went for my 90 day report stamp today and was told to report to Udonthani police station for my next visit ( Dec. 1st ) as that will be my local office.

I couldn,t find out exactly when it will open there, ( the happy one was dealing with my report ) but I will investigate further with a visit the police station on Friday.

I went there the day before for my 90 day report. (had happy as well) Nothing was mentioned about Udon reporting. Maybe 30th November is last day for Nong Khai!

I was in Nk office today, Orachun told me the Udorn office was opening in the Police Station on the 7th of this month.

I'm nipping down tomorrow (Tues 8th), I'll keep you posted.

Don,t bother Milo or you will waste your time as I did.

Did a check over this morning as I said I would in my OP, but left it until this morning based on the officers Sept. 7th opening remarks to you on the 3rd.

Briefly it has been put back to the 8th of October ..... Thai time, I reckon :D

I.ll post a report of my 2 and 1/2 run around with the details later in the afternoon.

Edited by marshbags

I went to the police station this morning to check out the status of the new offices.

I spoke to several higher rankng offices who all told me to go to AEK Udon.

I kept saying no the new office is supposed to be here.

I was shown several offices and finished up at the duty officers post.

He got someone to speak English and find out what I was looking for.

He first of all said to report to N.Khai and I again repeated they told me to report here only last week.

He then told me you at wrong place go AEK Udon.

I said it was closed some time ago and the new office according to N.Khai immigration is here at this police station.

He then said it,s now reopened on the first floor at the hospital, so I assumed it must be there.

I was going to say <deleted> it but thought no follow it up now you,ve got to this stage sooooooooooo

Went to check it out so I could report the facts and save Milo and anyone else who was planing to visit doing what I did.

I went there and looked at the basement and then on what we would call the first floor but no sign of it and no one knew it existed.

Fortunately I know admin well and they rang Immigration for me personally to ascertain where the office is / was going to be.

It was confirmed that it would be at the police station in the location the old one was in originally.

The happy ones name was mentioned a few times during the conversation on the phone and apparently he had been instructed to tell Udon visitors that the opening date had been put back to the 8th of October and he obviously forgot to tell Milo the correct month / information.

He told me to report on Dec 1st so with luck it could actually be up and running by then.

I,ll keep popping in when I pass the station and see if any progress is being made and if so pass any developments on to Thai Visa.

While it didn,t take long to post this, it was nearly 3 hours of fuffing about so please, no cynical posts on my actions.

Let us give them a bit of understanding and accept the situation gracefully, I am anyways.

As for the happy one, just maybe the benefit of the doubt can be applied this time.

marshbags :) at least they didn,t :D me up.

Report to Nong Khai until further notice and confirmation that the office is up and running

Physically checking is advisable as always, no matter what is said.

Edited by marshbags

I went to the police station this morning to check out the status of the new offices.

I spoke to several higher rankng offices who all told me to go to AEK Udon.

I kept saying no the new office is supposed to be here.

I was shown several offices and finished up at the duty officers post.

He got someone to speak English and find out what I was looking for.

He first of all said to report to N.Khai and I again repeated they told me to report here only last week.

He then told me you at wrong place go AEK Udon.

I said it was closed some time ago and the new office according to N.Khai immigration is here at this police station.

He then said it,s now reopened on the first floor at the hospital, so I assumed it must be there.

I was going to say <deleted> it but thought no follow it up now you,ve got to this stage sooooooooooo

Went to check it out so I could report the facts and save Milo and anyone else who was planing to visit doing what I did.

I went there and looked at the basement and then on what we would call the first floor but no sign of it and no one knew it existed.

Fortunately I know admin well and they rang Immigration for me personally to ascertain where the office is / was going to be.

It was confirmed that it would be at the police station in the location the old one was in originally.

The happy ones name was mentioned a few times during the conversation on the phone and apparently he had been instructed to tell Udon visitors that the opening date had been put back to the 8th of October and he obviously forgot to tell Milo the correct month / information.

He told me to report on Dec 1st so with luck it could actually be up and running by then.

I,ll keep popping in when I pass the station and see if any progress is being made and if so pass any developments on to Thai Visa.

While it didn,t take long to post this, it was nearly 3 hours of fuffing about so please, no cynical posts on my actions.

Let us give them a bit of understanding and accept the situation gracefully, I am anyways.

As for the happy one, just maybe the benefit of the doubt can be applied this time.

marshbags :) at least they didn,t :D me up.

Report to Nong Khai until further notice and confirmation that the office is up and running

Physically checking is advisable as always, no matter what is said.

Thank you for a good laugh, marshbags. :D

Next time I meet you on the Imm. Office in Udon(this year or next?) will happily pay a round. :D

Sorry, should have posted back on the 8th when I did indeed do all the running around! Went to the police station, needless to say nobody knew a thing about it, par for the course. Thought we'd try AEK, the old imm. office there now under new ownership so didn't bother checking any further. Off to Nk, and asked the lady there. According to her they were indeed open, but a 'soft opening' :):D :D AT the police station. Informed her we'd been and been unable to find it, she replied the police know where it is, no they don't we said, can you enlighten us? She couldn't give any further directions apart from to say (as you said) it was behind the police station at the same location as before.

I just love the 'soft opening' bit!! Apparently there's somebody there (probably the painters & decorators?) and you are able to do some things but not others, maybe help them sweep up?

My visa sorted anyway, but I'll continue to have a look around when in the area, see if I can't spot this new office.

• 1 month later...

Surprise surprise Udon visa applicants.

My friend went to the Airport yesterday to report for his 90 day notification, he asked when they where going to start processing all related visa matters.

He did this because the only person at the present location looked important.

The officer in charge who he said was a very senior officer, going by his uniform ect. told him they are not and will be moving to the Udon police station shortly as previously planned.

They are awaiting the completion of yet another new dedicated office and will transfer back to there once all is ready.

When asked when he replied not to far in the future as in his words it is nearly ready for use.

The officer incidently was very friendly indeed :)

marshbags :D

P.S.

I,ll take another look around over the weekend and report any observations / relevant information I gleen from it.

Edited by marshbags

Surprise surprise Udon visa applicants.

My friend went to the Airport yesterday to report for his 90 day notification, he asked when they where going to start processing all related visa matters.

He did this because the only person at the present location looked important.

The officer in charge who he said was a very senior officer, going by his uniform ect. told him they are not and will be moving to the Udon police station shortly as previously planned.

They are awaiting the completion of yet another new dedicated office and will transfer back to there once all is ready.

When asked when he replied not to far in the future as in his words it is nearly ready for use.

The officer incidently was very friendly indeed :)

P.S.

I,ll take another look around over the weekend and report any observations / relevant information I gleen from it.

According to posters on Udonmap they are now processing at the airport and that there is NO info from Imm regarding a move to the Police Staion

The above information of a move to Police Station seems to be the most current report and is most likely true.

Seems to be conflicting reports from both sites....

After my 90 days report am 6october,Udonthani Airport,a friend confirmed today that they are open only for reports and re-entry permits,but work is in progress,

(slowly)in the place.My guess is as good as yours. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Just done my 90 report and spoke personally with the senior officer.

He says that yet again due to problems at the police station, they are now starting to do all visa related work at the airport until further notice.

He did say the objective IS to move to the police station, but there is no time scale on the move at present.,

The visit itself was very productive and very pleaasant indeed.

I noticed that my old favourite Pol. Senior Sgt. Poolmas from Nong Khai is now located there and he has lost his stripes and has justly IMHO been promoted to officer, as in the next step upwards.

He,s now got new uniforms and lapel type ranking.

I didn,t notice him at first as now you just go to the kiosk for 90 day notification and the young ladies take care of it.

I made a point of saying hello to him and congratulated him on his well earned promotion, he looked a bit shy but laughed it off while acknowledging my remarks.

He was always the officer I tried to get whne we used N.Khai and he always started early, usually around 08.10 and would always ask what i had come for, after setting his stamps out ect. ( I was always there early and got the first number )

There are / were 3 officers sat down at the tables just inside the outer office area who are doing the more in depth stuff and while i,m waiting for the stamp, heard a loud laugh that sounded familiar and when I looked, noticed it was him, processing a maried couples application and was sharing a joke with them.

All the staff are completely relaxed and the atmosphere was very happy as was the senior officer who was really polite and if I may say so, a credit to the administration.

Another plus point was they actually extended my 90 days to the first working day after the due date.

I noticed they had stamped my slip 29th Feb. and the young lady said they,d extended it by one day to, this because my due date fell on a Sunday.

I said thanks but can I politely say that there isn,t a 29th in this month next year.

They checked, we shared a laugh about it, they apologised and change it to 01 March, now how,s that for service, :D

It really was a delight today and long may it continue.

Plenty of space in the ex terminal what was departures in the old domestic terminal and lots of parking space for hundreds if need be.

For those who don,t know it,s right at the end of the old domestic building, the last office before the car park area on the left.

P.S.

If any of the cynical types read this, please don,t fuff it up when visiting and pleaseeeee go with the flow if things happen and don,t go as you would like / expect and maybe demand them to.

Posted in the nicest possible way as always :)

Edited by marshbags

• 1 month later...
The above information of a move to Police Station seems to be the most current report and is most likely true.

This information from UdonMap today would seem to confirm a move from the Airport to the police station :)

www.udonmap.com/udonthaniforum/udon-thani-immigration-moving-7-8-jan-t16309.html

I went to the UT immigration office yesterday. I extended my tourist visa for 30 days. There was a sign on wall near desks that said January 7-8,2010.. Immigration will be moved to police station. I think I was one of the last ones to use those facilities..which I must say were a breeze.

Also to note, seems few in UT even know there is an immigration office in their own city..but who are they to know!

A sign like that could mean that will be working there on 7-8 rather than in there normal airport office (perhaps due renovations or a termite spray?). Expect we will know next week (if they return to airport or remain at police station).