Jomtien Beach Penthouses

Guderian

I noticed in April that they started working on this site, digging up pilings that had evidently been in the ground for some time. They are making good progress now, but they didn't remove th old pilings, just cut them back a bit and then they see, to be attaching the new structure to the old foundations. Does anyone know if these foundations were from a much older building that was demolished, or were they part of an abortive attempt to put up a new building on this site, which then presumably went broke? Any opinions on this project?

I noticed in April that they started working on this site, digging up pilings that had evidently been in the ground for some time. They are making good progress now, but they didn't remove th old pilings, just cut them back a bit and then they see, to be attaching the new structure to the old foundations. Does anyone know if these foundations were from a much older building that was demolished, or were they part of an abortive attempt to put up a new building on this site, which then presumably went broke? Any opinions on this project?

Yes, I noticed this also and was a little surprised. There was a large restaurant on this site years ago, which was demolished about 12 months ago.

The developers are European, and have many other buildings in Pattaya and Jomtien, so one assumes they are happy with the structure. However, if I was interested in purchasing, I would ask to see the structural report about this specific point.

Hi

Jomtien Beach Penthouses offers 1, 2 bedroom apartments and three bedroom penthouses with swimming pool terrace overlooking Jomtien Beach. We are located on Jomtien Beach Road soi 9, only 80 meters from the beach.

All of the old foundation of the Mae Sri Ruen restaurant have been removed and will host the site of Jomtien Beach Penthouses beautiful communal area and swimming pool. My sales office/show room is on Jomtien soi 9 right next to the built site, I will be more than happy to show you around.

Our company has built apartments and hotels in Thailand for over 20 years. Previous projects include The Residence Garden, The Residence Suites, Jomtien Boathouse and Jomtien Beach Residence, all of which have been finished on time and on budget.

With kind regards

Allan Ottesen

Project Manager

PS. You would not get a building permit without having removed all of the foundation of any previous constructions.

Edited by allott

I have bought a condo before from Ib Ottesen..Alan's father, and they are the most reputable people in this town you can deal with. Everything was done just as promised and the start and finish date were exactly on time. I was very happy with the whole experience. Good Luck Alan

Edited by ericg1953

>>PS. You would not get a building permit without having removed all of the foundation of any previous constructions

To me the foundations did not look like they were totally removed .They were cut down ,not to the very end ,and then a cap of new concrete put over them .

I pass the site every day .You are a reputable company however and know what you are doing ,i would presume .

>>PS. You would not get a building permit without having removed all of the foundation of any previous constructions

To me the foundations did not look like they were totally removed .They were cut down ,not to the very end ,and then a cap of new concrete put over them .

I pass the site every day .You are a reputable company however and know what you are doing ,i would presume .

Same here, I pass it most days and that looks like what they did. Partial removal of the old foundations, not complete removal. I've no idea if that will compromise the new building, however, which is one reason I posted this in the first place.

A pity that the picture had to be removed, it was rather nice, but if anyone is interested in it the website can easily be found via Google.

Mae Sri Ruen restaurant was a 2 story restaurant building. No piles from the old foundation would be able to carry the weight of our new 8 storey building. All of it was removed.Again. Please visit me in my office, and I will be more than happy to show you plans and foundation.Now is a good time, as soon the ground floor will be covering the foundation piles.

If people do have concerns then why not go to the office and check the place out for themselves instead of implying that things might not be done properly on the forum?

A set up with the reputation and length of service in Pattaya that they have is hardly going to cut corners and do things wrong now are they?

:)

If people do have concerns then why not go to the office and check the place out for themselves instead of implying that things might not be done properly on the forum?

A set up with the reputation and length of service in Pattaya that they have is hardly going to cut corners and do things wrong now are they?

I just told what i saw with my own eyes .It does not mean that there is anything wrong with the foundations though .

Edited by Thaifan2

I just told what i saw with my own eyes .It does not mean that there is anything wrong with the foundations though .

Fair enough. :D

Since there has been no new piling carried out at this location, if the original piles were completely removed then it means that an 8-storey building is being put up without proper foundations. Or is there a way now of building such a structure in Pattaya without piled foundations?