PoorSucker

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Did they really write "run away".

Perhaps Thailand should stop worrying about the 49% foreigners own and do criminal checks before issuing visas! Would make it a better place no doubt!

Did you ever consider that maybe he did not have a criminal record? :D Many people who commit serious crimes in their adult life have no criminal record either from not getting caught in the past or from not commiting any serious crimes. Jaywalking is a crime, so is speeding.

And just because one has a criminal record does not mean they will commit a crime in the future. Many people have records due to getting in trouble in their youth. Maybe people such as you should start trying to think logically. :)

Perhaps Thailand should stop worrying about the 49% foreigners own and do criminal checks before issuing visas! Would make it a better place no doubt!

Did you ever consider that maybe he did not have a criminal record? :D Many people who commit serious crimes in their adult life have no criminal record either from not getting caught in the past or from not commiting any serious crimes. Jaywalking is a crime, so is speeding.

And just because one has a criminal record does not mean they will commit a crime in the future. Many people have records due to getting in trouble in their youth. Maybe people such as you should start trying to think logically. :)

So convicted in your youth is OK for the future then? 36_19_1.gifMaybe the slate should be wiped clean at 21!36_1_20.gif

Another lowlife to give us all a good name...

Where in the United States was this guy from? It is a pretty big country with 50 states and there is often a big difference in people in different regions of the U.S.

Most rudeness comes from Americans on the West Coast - Oregon, Washington, Calif - and the East Coast - NY, Mass., N.J., etc. Not saying the guy was rude - no way of knowing - just mentioning it because so many posters in Thai Visa talk about loud, rude, Americans but usually never met an American that was not from the West or East coasts of the country. People in the South are generally kind, considerate and not rude. Quite different from Northeasterners who more often visit Thailand and spread bad will for all Americans around the world.

Talk about generalizing! This is like domestic geographic discrimination...shall we call it place-ism instead of racism!

:D

Call it what you like. I gave my opinion, you gave yours. However, I should have said that the majority of the people I have met from the northeastern U.S. andthe west coast of the U.S were rude and arrogant. And, that is also the opinion of the vast majority of people that I know. Not ALL people or this or that, I certainly should have said "the majority" or the "vast majority." A couple of my best friends that I played golf with for years in Texas (before I moved to Phuket) were Yankees from NY and Mass. Strangely both had lived away from those states for so many years that they came to believe as I do. Again, an opinion.

:) You are very wrong. Texas has some of the rudest and most arrogant, uncouth people in the USA. That is why people from all over the US dispise Texans. When I worked in Colorado and some of the surrounding states, I would constantly hear the locals talking negatively about the arrogant redneck white trash Texans that came to the area. Many people there hate the Texans. Obviously, you have not traveled much in the US. George Bush and Dick Chenny are two classic examples of arrogance and rudeness. No class what so ever.

People from the west coast are, in general, very laid back, fun, and not arrogant, except for some in large cities like Los Angeles. People from Oregon are very laid back , mellow, and nice. Your comments baffle me greatly. You need to travel more. :D

So convicted in your youth is OK for the future then? 36_19_1.gifMaybe the slate should be wiped clean at 21!36_1_20.gif

IMHO..depends on the crime. Many crimes are removed or expunged from people's criminal records...even felonies. George Bush was convicted of driving while intoxicated as an adult and he became president. I believe Dick Chenny was also convicted of the same crime.

Ok...bad example. :D

The jewish scumbag Bernie Madoff stole 50-60 billion dollars from his investors in a ponzie scheme in the USA and supposedly shipped much of the money to Israel. He probably had no prior criminal record.

:) You are very wrong. Texas has some of the rudest and most arrogant, uncouth people in the USA. That is why people from all over the US dispise Texans. When I worked in Colorado and some of the surrounding states, I would constantly hear the locals talking negatively about the arrogant redneck white trash Texans that came to the area. Many people there hate the Texans. Obviously, you have not traveled much in the US. George Bush and Dick Chenny are two classic examples of arrogance and rudeness. No class what so ever.

People from the west coast are, in general, very laid back, fun, and not arrogant, except for some in large cities like Los Angeles. People from Oregon are very laid back , mellow, and nice. Your comments baffle me greatly. You need to travel more. :D

So the thread how now degraded into semi-coherent whinging regarding generalisation of the characteristics of people from the various US states?

How much more pointless and off-topic can we get here???

Many crimes are commited by persons whom have never commited a crime before

Incorrect, the clear majority of crimes against others in every day life (including but not limited to robbery, assault, burglary, petty theft, car theft etc) is done by repeat-offenders.

That is why preventive measurements are so effective.

One survey amongst solved crimes deducted that 2% of inhabitants in an medium-sized city was responsible for over 90% of the recorded crimes.

95% of crime statistics are incorrect - according to a recent survey!

99.999999999999999999999999999999999% of crimes commited in Thailand are commited by Thais

My other half tells me that on Thai TV they said ''they found the money in his underpants'' That's what you call dirty money (sorry for that)

On the <URL Automatically Removed> forum I read the following story:

AMERICAN BANK ROBBER ARRESTED WITH MONEY IN HIS UNDERPANTS

On the 2nd September 2009 a man robbed the Siam City Bank [sCIB] in Future Park Rangsit shopping mall of 100,000 baht. He escaped into nearby bushes but was later caught red handed with the money in his underpants.

Patumthani police investigator Pol.Lt.Col. Sakorn Jermkuntod was alerted by the bank staff and dispatched a team to investigate.

The bank is located on the ground floor of the Major Goldsmith shop zone of the mall, Future Park Rangsit , which is around 100 metres from a police box.

A member of the bank staff, Miss Getsirin Keawthanee [25], who had the misfortune to face the robber, said that she and another three friends had been working behind the counter servicing a customer.

Suddenly, a man with a black woolly hat covering his face and dark cream coloured clothing and gloves pushed the door open and ran to the counter. Ketsirin said she shouted at him, “What are you doing?”, but the man didn’t stop. He jumped onto the counter and the four women ran away to the back of the bank, shouting for help.

Miss Kesirin went on to say that they saw the man open the cash drawer and take some money and put it into a brown leather bag and then run out of an exit at the back of the bank. Some bank staff ran in pursuit but the man disappeared into some bushes behind the mall.

Mr. Paiboon Plapol [29], from Roi-et, said he was sitting in his shop selling Buddha images when he heard someone screaming for help. He and some mall security guards ran after the man and managed to track him down in the bushes but unfortunately the robber used pepper spray on their faces so they were forced to let him go.

Meanwhile, police and security guards had cordoned off the area and carried out a search. They found some clothes, which police kept as evidence, but no money.

Not far from the area, they accidentally came across a foreign man who was acting in a suspicious manner. The police detained him for questioning. The man, who was later identified as Mr. Harold [54], an American national, denied any connection with the robbery and said he was just walking around.

Police Major General Wittaya Prayongpan said some witnesses had seen Mr. Harold wandering around the bushes two days before the incident and the police decided to send the clothes to test for traces of his DNA.

Mr. Suratut Nakwatchara, the bank manager, and Miss Kesirin later identified the clothes found in the bushes as those worn by the robber.

Mr. Harold continued to plead innocent but the police ignored his claim and a check of the CCTV footage confirmed that he was indeed the robber.

Finally, Mr. Harold was forced to change his clothes to try on those worn by the robber. When he took off his trousers the police spotted the cash (148,600 baht) hidden in his underpants. Mr. Harold then realized he’d reached a dead end and confessed to the crime.

He was charged with robbery with a weapon.

Pattaya Daily News

I suppose the DNA test will sepak for itself then! Obviously its hard to believe the story, and difficult to believe the media's side of the coin.

the greatest crime is most of you are so full of arrogant comments, generalizations, and accusations, your crime is greater than what this man has been accused of. takes a seriously gullible person to think he's a low life and must be guilty. even i he did do it, it could be for any given reason that drove him to do it (but its doubtful he did.) I find it hard to believe he escaped and stripped the clothes, and was so "vicious" with his pepper spray that he got past any (in)security guards who would likely have some billy clubs and notice a robbery prior to pepper spray being used.

for those of you on your high horse, one day you may be in a dire situation, and the shoe will be on your foot. never know.

If the story is correct and he had the money on him.  He is going to need some lawyering to get that one explained away. I would guess the bank is going to be involved in a little money laundering operation when they get it back.  :)

edit this is why we tell kids never put money in your mouth.

Edited by RKASA

Nowhere in the report did it mention that the robber had a gun - just pepper spray.

Actually it did inply that. See George's report , around 22 I think

He was arrested for armed robbery

Armed means to have a weapon and in this case the only weapon mentioned was the pepper spray

You have no idea of the term armed robbery. Just mention the fact that you have a weapon during the commision of the offence is armed robberry. Is the weapon a gun or a sausage if the victim is in fear that they will be assaulted or killed with the gun or sausage then the offender is armed.

Please explaine to me your term of a weapon as used in the offence of armed robbery?

Could someone post the url to the story? Cannot find it on The Nations website.
TAWP the last time I checked it was picture #1 of the rotating photos at the top left side of the main nation news site.

I did post it in the 'General Forum', but since I am a mere 'Colonel' no one bothered to answer it :)

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/News-t294897.html

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

Robbery with a weapon??....It says he just ran in, jumped over the counter, took the money and ran for it out the back door and never used the pepper spray until some security guards caught up with him. So going by that report, he doesn't seem to have actually said anything or brandished any weapon at the time /during the robbery, does the fact he's used the spray later on after being confronted still mean it's "robbery with a weapon"...even though he didn't use any weapon during the robbery??..allegedly of course!!...confused!!! :)

Now i'm not condoning this in any shape or form, just curious as to how that stands up?

In Thairath they're saying he's a former American Vietnam Vet [the Vietnam war ended in 1975, which would have made him 20 then so I suppose it's just possible]. The arresting officers found the money stuffed in his underpants and socks. Apparently after leaving the army he had a career in real estate before taking 500,000 Baht to Thailand with him. After 6 months it was all gone, his visa had nearly expired and he had no money for a return plane ticket to the States so he robbed the bank.

http://www.thairath.co.th/today/view/30526

Edited by katana

Robbery with a weapon??....It says he just ran in, jumped over the counter, took the money and ran for it out the back door and never used the pepper spray until some security guards caught up with him. So going by that report, he doesn't seem to have actually said anything or brandished any weapon at the time /during the robbery, does the fact he's used the spray later on after being confronted still mean it's "robbery with a weapon"...even though he didn't use any weapon during the robbery??..allegedly of course!!...confused!!! :)

Now i'm not condoning this in any shape or form, just curious as to how that stands up?

The alleged robbery ended once he left with the money. Unless he showed the pepper spray in the bank it is not armed robbery and it seems he did not do that.

Where is Inspector Clouseau when the Thai police need him?

He would have said:

"IDIOT! 146000 BHT!!!, even a fool knows to grab the EUROs... you can run much faster... stupid Farang Swine!

PS Truly miss the great Peter Sellers ha-ha

Robbery with a weapon??....It says he just ran in, jumped over the counter, took the money and ran for it out the back door and never used the pepper spray until some security guards caught up with him. So going by that report, he doesn't seem to have actually said anything or brandished any weapon at the time /during the robbery, does the fact he's used the spray later on after being confronted still mean it's "robbery with a weapon"...even though he didn't use any weapon during the robbery??..allegedly of course!!...confused!!! :D

The alleged robbery ended once he left with the money. Unless he showed the pepper spray in the bank it is not armed robbery and it seems he did not do that.

Exactly...this is what i'm asking!!! It clearly says nothing at all in the news report about him threatening, showing or using any sort of weapon (no matter what you define as a weapon) during the process of the alleged robbery in the bank in question. So how exactly can he be charged with robbery with a weapon as the story states?? when he only seems to have used it well after the alleged robbery took place?? or am i being dumb and missing something here? :)

Posts requesting a name change for the title have been deleted.

Posts that are inflammatory have been deleted and the responses (some of which are civil, but quote the inflammatory posts) have also been deleted.

Lets play nicely with one another.

Poor man; I think he was short for cash.

He should have asked.

LaoPo

....or got tired of paying ATM fees....or just got tired of people skipping the line and decided to skip himself :):D

What a silly fuc_ker trying to do a bank robbery in Thailand,I an sure he is on something.

where did he think he was america, not too hard to notice a farang running away in rangsit.

but what do expect from an american, there brought up to just take things that are not theres.

Hello highway.

Are you 1st generation "English"? (Your definition, from a previous post of yours).

Judging from his rampant typos.... I'd venture to say... not "English" in any respect... nor well educated, or a clear thinker, to put it kindly.

Highway... regarding your first sentence: We (English speakers) capitalize the first letters of sentences, capitalize "America", then full stop, instead of your run-on sentence. We capitalize the R in Rangsit.

Regarding your second sentence: We capitalize the A in "American", then full stop, instead of your second run-on sentence. Your first use of "there" rather than the correct "They're" is glaringly compounded by your second misuse of "theres" which would properly be spelled "theirs".

Judging by your ability to commit EIGHT spelling and grammatical errors within your two run-on sentences... Do you really feel qualified to cast all Americans as nothing better than THIEVES?

Your racism is only exceed by your ignorance.

A proud American, living in my land of choice, with the people I love... yes, teaching English, in Thailand.

One of my friends in high school did the same thing...

Summer of '72.

Bank in a grocery store. He was standing in line waiting in turn as he was next. Tellers change, the new one counts the money..my friend watching intently...she keeps counting...he continues to watch intently...she continues to count..Whamo! He springs over the counter, grabs the cash, jumps back over the counter and makes a hasty get-away on foot. He truck is parked in front of the store/bank.

He tears off around the corner and after about 50 meters he begins to think.., tears form in his eyes.. "Awww Gawd..what the phuck have I just done!!!".

He walks back to the bank just a the police were arriving and hands back the cash.

5 years. Bank Robbery. "A license plate stampin' Mother Fcuker", as he puts it.

We asked him what the heck came over him to do such a stupid thing. He said he didn't know, he just kept watching her count all that money.. and the next thing he knew, he was bounding over the counter.

Never had been in trouble before in his life.

People do crazy shit.

I am a firm believer in giving a test to all who want to come to Thailand before they get on the plane, weed out the fools and misfits. This is no place to be without a brain.

If it were anything like the test to get into Britain, they would not need to think about work permits and visas. :)