Immigration Bureau Moves To Chaengwattana Road

You can still go to the one-stop-shop for most services, surely. It's only a short walk from the MRT Pahon Yothin train station. :)

Not unless you are working for a company that has Board of Investment (BOI) privledges.

Otherwise all you can do there is 90 day reports.

What are you both talking about? Is there some other facility besides the old immigration office?

The BOI one stop center located in Rasa tower.

People with BOI privledges can go there and get work premits, extensions and etc.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is the Board of Investment (BOI) One Stop Service Center that takes care of some business people. For non BOI people it can only be used for 90 day reporting.

Wow! There is a conveniently located Center for 90 day reporting and I've spent all this time going to a place that is a 25 min walk from the BTS??!

Does it charge for doing 90 days? Is it limited to particular visa classes when doing the 90 days? Does it have its own website?

Surely, for most Thaivisa forum people the real hassle issue is the *every 90days*. Anything else is but once a year.

Here is the pretty decent but not fantastic location for it: 'Rasa Tower 2'

post-60541-1252240018_thumb.jpg

I dont think the Phahon Yothin one-stop-visa-shop is limited to people with BOI privileges. The BOI office is next door on the same floor(16th), but the visa-stop is operated jointly by Immigration and the Labour Department. Hence the name - one-stop-visa-shop. It used to be in Suthisarn, near the MRT station, but moved a few years ago. I've been getting my work permit renewed there for many years, and I don't have BOI privileges. It does re-entry, too. But doesn't do permanent residence. :)

I dont think the Phahon Yothin one-stop-visa-shop is limited to people with BOI privileges. The BOI office is next door on the same floor(16th), but the visa-stop is operated jointly by Immigration and the Labour Department. Hence the name - one-stop-visa-shop. It used to be in Suthisarn, near the MRT station, but moved a few years ago. I've been getting my work permit renewed there for many years, and I don't have BOI privileges. It does re-entry, too. But doesn't do permanent residence. :)

If you have been getting you extensions there it means the company you work for may have BOI privledges.

There have been lots of people that have gone there and been turned away.

If you have been getting you extensions there it means the company you work for may have BOI privledges.

There have been lots of people that have gone there and been turned away.

Ubonjoe

Stay on target, stay on target. Note the importance of my questions:

Does it charge for doing 90 days? Is it limited to particular visa classes when doing the 90 days? Does it have its own website?

Do you have the answers, my father?

Thanks for the information posted about the new Immigration Office as well as the directions..much appreciated! However, am I correct in assuming that ALL immigration issues will now be dealt with at the new offices? ie 90 day rapport? I'll be going in for my 90 day rapport next week and will see if there are any postings/signs posted about this. Not happy about this one, as Suan Plu was very convenient for me! Will post a reply next week when I go in to Immigration.

It is on the north bound lane of Phayonyothin Rd., just prior to Soi 19. Tower 1 is on Phayonyothin and Tower 2 attached but behind it. Service Center is on floor 16. If coming from North there is a U-turn 100 meters after you pass the building.

^^^ Thanks Lop. :)

Good thing he answered your question because could not answer it. I am not a Bangkokian so I am not a good source of information about where things are.

Was just in Bangkok and had not been there for a year. I had to make my annual pilgrimage to get my income paper from the embassy.

Jesus, I just figured out that this is the Sathon Soi 3 branch closing... and Don Muang airport, very near where the new office is... is a LONG F'ing haul for me, living in the Rama II area....!!! This is SO depressing!!!

Anyway, question...??? My 90 day check in is scheduled for October 20, and since the previously local and convenient Immigration office shuts its doors on October 1, can someone tell me if it is possible for me to do the 90-day check in 21 days early, say on September 30???

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Pawpcorn

Jesus, I just figured out that this is the Sathon Soi 3 branch closing... and Don Muang airport, very near where the new office is... is a LONG F'ing haul for me, living in the Rama II area....!!! This is SO depressing!!!

Anyway, question...??? My 90 day check in is scheduled for October 20, and since the previously local and convenient Immigration office shuts its doors on October 1, can someone tell me if it is possible for me to do the 90-day check in 21 days early, say on September 30???

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Regards,

Pawpcorn

You can only do 90 day reports 7 days early. You could mail it in once they post a new mail in address.

You can only do 90 day reports 7 days early. You could mail it in once they post a new mail in address.

Thanks for the advice, UbonJoe! I'm guessing that if I mailed it in, I'd be putting my passport in the mail system too, huh? That would be kind of "scary", eh?

Thanks for the advice, UbonJoe! I'm guessing that if I mailed it in, I'd be putting my passport in the mail system too, huh? That would be kind of "scary", eh?

You don't send your passport in.

You only need copies of you passport pages and TM6 departure card. Plus report and receipt for previous report. Include a stamped envelope for them to return the receipt.

The answers are all no.

Joe, that map is a bit ambiguous, is that building on Phayonyothin Rd.?

(hopeing for a "yes" :D )

edit! 555 Phayonyothin Rd.

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?hl=en&s...005525&z=18

Google is my friend. 555 :)

This 'One stop shop' is about to get very very very very very very busy. I hope they have hired a lot more staff. For people who do not have cars, going to the new immigration office is an appalling prospect. This is an absolute no brainer. If it turns out the 90 day is moving with everything else from the old location then this is where you'll find me.

Does anyone have a confirmed GPS digital readout of the new location?

I stored this for the Foreign Affairs Department when we went to apply for our kids passports (I presume its in the same compound or next door)

N13°53'23.8"

E100°34'01.2"

GPS coords from a Garmin iQue 3600

I seem to remember reading months ago that it is in the building next to the passport office, but I am not really sure. Thanks for your coordinates, I will look them up now.

--

Maestro

My work colleague lives close to the new office and told me the traffic is horrendous. Her dad works in one of the other buildings on this, apparently huge, site and he said it's chaos. Very few English speaking staff around...

Early days and secondhand info, but I'm not looking forward to next months visit. The last two years I've done my visa and workpermit in the same day, before lunch! (I'd just got the hang of it :) ) I reckon this year'll be a two day process...

The Nation is reporting that Chaengwattana will be open from 28 September. Anyone have any idea about those of us using the 5th floor (non-bangkokians from Nonthaburi, Patumthani etc) at Suan Plu, are we being moved too? On my last 90 day report almost 3 months ago I was told that office would not move... Any ideas?

I think I finally got the location right now, thanks to a map published with an article in today's The Nation: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/09/11...al_30112035.php

Bangkok Chaeng Watthana Immigration Office on Google Maps:

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en&i...e35a8ea46c4deab

It is inside Soi Chaeng Watthana 7. If anybody can give me the full postal address, with house number, postal code, etc., I would be grateful.

--

Maestro

As an aside, someone earlier commented that not many foreigners live in or near Cheangwattana. UNfortunately its not true; with Nichada Thani and ISB nearby, and other upmarket housing, the area is full of foreigners, Visit any of the stores like Central, Big C, Tesco, you'll be falling over them.