Kasikorn Bank Atm Warnings.

Today my wife was doing the banking and was depositing via the ATM.

She said it has a warning before entering the pin(in Thai) that beware of farangs posing as tourists and stealing money.

What has happened to bring these warnings on at the ATM?

Supposedly it's at all Kasikorn ATM's.

Can anyone else confirm this?

What a bizarre message! Of all the potential thieves I think foreigners posing as tourists and trying to steal from innocent Thais would be fairly low on the list. I won't bank with these racist fruitcakes any more.

I am sure they will miss your custom.

(but at least their nuts will be safe now you are taking your sledgehammer away)

What a bizarre message! Of all the potential thieves I think foreigners posing as tourists and trying to steal from innocent Thais would be fairly low on the list. I won't bank with these racist fruitcakes any more.

Actually, I was an almost-victim of a scam a few years ago by western tourists. Walking down past the British embassy on the way to a chiropractor. This youngish (maybe mid to late 20s) western couple came up and asked me where the American Express bank was. At the time (not sure about now) there wasn't one and they seemed generally perplexed. They said they were very confused by the color or the money here and needed help. I was feeling so lousy my antennae was not up and I continued along trying to explain the colors of the money by showing them mine. Suddenly, as the man began to touch my money ("So this is worth...") a bell rang in my head and began to curse at them and yelling "police". They ran like hel_l.

I admit my stupidity...but, as was indicated, I was so stunned that a westerner was trying to scam me.

Today my wife was doing the banking and was depositing via the ATM.

She said it has a warning before entering the pin(in Thai) that beware of farangs posing as tourists and stealing money.

What has happened to bring these warnings on at the ATM?

Supposedly it's at all Kasikorn ATM's.

Can anyone else confirm this?

---------------------

Thank you for bringing it up.. talked to my wife and noone of the kasikorn ATM up here in Chaiyaphum (Isaan)

has any message like that at all, she said.

Maybe this is a local thing i.e. bangkok/Pattaya????

Glegolo :)