Custom Glass Or Marble Shop Needed

Dustoff

~

Somewhere not far from the new Hangdong Rd Big-C would be nice but wherever.

I broke the top of our coffee table and need a thick glass top with rounded corners about 2'x3' (60x90cm) or slightly larger.

I suppose a marble top would work as well if not too thick.

Thanks in advance...

~

Somewhere not far from the new Hangdong Rd Big-C would be nice but wherever.

I broke the top of our coffee table and need a thick glass top with rounded corners about 2'x3' (60x90cm) or slightly larger.

I suppose a marble top would work as well if not too thick.

Thanks in advance...

On the Chiang Moi Rd in Warrorot Market there are a few shops that look like they just do picture framing and mirrors, but in fact out back they have huge stocks of glass. I have used them for thick glass shelves. They will cut them to size and round off/ grind the edges. I imagine they can do round table-tops too. Coming up Chiang Moi from the moat, the shops are on the last block on the right before 7/11 just at the beginning of the block.

Hey Dustoff. I know and have used three or four times in the last year, the last time within the last week, a place that does stone of all kinds. It's called Chiangmai Stone and, by odd good fortune, they moved in the last few months to the four lane road that runs between the Hangdong Big C and Global House. If you drive from Big C in the direction of Global House and do a U-turn at the first place where you can and head back, Chiangmai Stone is located on the left hand side (I guess that goes without saying) maybe a couple of hundred meters down the road. If you are interested in seeing the work they did for me, drop me a PM.

~

Thanks Rasseru and the others who posted.

We checked out a couple of marble shops including the one near the Hangdong Rd Big-C but have decided that marble breaks too easily for our use. Our table is a simple one indeed and the top merely sits atop the four legs. As we saw, a mable slab can snap in two just from being lifted by one end.

Glass seems to be the way to go and we are still looking...

We had a glass tabletop custom cut at a shop in the old city, just west of the Chiang Mai gate, on the road inside the moat. They nicely rounded the corners and delivered the glass to our condo for a very reasonable price. Sorry I don't know the name of the place.

We had a glass tabletop custom cut at a shop in the old city, just west of the Chiang Mai gate, on the road inside the moat. They nicely rounded the corners and delivered the glass to our condo for a very reasonable price. Sorry I don't know the name of the place.

Thanks NancyL,

Beginning at Chiang Mai Gate and going West inside the moat is the large and very busy Pratu Chiangmai Market. Are they within that complex? I can't think of much else there before the park.

Dustoff,

No the glass shop is not in the market. It has a storefront right along the street. When you're on foot, it's amazing what you find in this city! There are many, many shops between Talat Chiang Mai and the park.

In all fairness, I must mention that hubby and I had quite a discussion about the location of the glass shop before I posted my previous recommendation. He thought it was west of the CM gate and I thought it was just a little bit east of the gate. I do remember the CM market, because I went in their to use their restroom and checked out the fresh veggies. The general condition of the market and produce made me glad that Tanin is my market-of-choice.