Singapore O Visa

I am about to embark on a multi O visa based on marriage run to Singapore. On the web sight it says that I need to have a air ticket. I assume they want to see a ticket out of Thailand. If I buy a ticket to Singapore good for 3 months from now is that acceptable? I am also unsure about the personal history? Is that a letter from myself describing why I am in Thailand? Thanks in advance.

Unless you are a citizen or resident of Singapore you will not get a multiple entry visa there.

KL or Penang would be a better choice. They don't ask for tickets or the personal history thing.

Edit; If you want try Singapore then you should contact them to see exactly what they want. They also show that they want to see 400K baht in the bank. If you have that you should get an extension of stay at immigration instead.

KL only wants to see 30K to 100K baht in the bank.

Edited by ubonjoe

Unless you are a citizen or resident of Singapore you will not get a multiple entry visa there.

KL or Penang would be a better choice. They don't ask for tickets or the personal history thing.

Edit; If you want try Singapore then you should contact them to see exactly what they want. They also show that they want to see 400K baht in the bank. If you have that you should get an extension of stay at immigration instead.

KL only wants to see 30K to 100K baht in the bank.

An extensiton of stay is no good for me as I work offshore in and out of the country alot. I did contact them and they said they would do it for me (multi-O). I got the ticket but still dont know what the personal history is. I guess I;ll find out tomorrow morning as I am in Singers now.

An extensiton of stay is no good for me as I work offshore in and out of the country alot. I did contact them and they said they would do it for me (multi-O). I got the ticket but still dont know what the personal history is. I guess I;ll find out tomorrow morning as I am in Singers now.

If you went the extension of stay route you could obtain a re-entry permit (multi entry) from immigration to keep your permission to stay alive. But you would have to meet the financial requirements of 400k in bank or 40k month income.

I think the personal history may mean you wifes house book. I noticed that they are not asking for that or her ID card which most other places ask for.

Personal history could mean this;

Quote "A formal letter from your spouse identifying who he or she is? and the relationship to you."

Ref, RTC Sydney.

I am about to embark on a multi O visa based on marriage run to Singapore. On the web sight it says that I need to have a air ticket. I assume they want to see a ticket out of Thailand. If I buy a ticket to Singapore good for 3 months from now is that acceptable? I am also unsure about the personal history? Is that a letter from myself describing why I am in Thailand? Thanks in advance.

Air ticket. On the application form you put the flight number and date of your proposed entry to Thailand.

Good news! I got the mult O in Singapore. They didnt mention personal history or flight ticket. My bank is in Jersey, when I showed the statement she just asked me to convert the balance into Thai Bt and wrote it down on the application then gave me back the statement. No hassles no problems and no que. when I picked it up today at 14:00 I was the only person in there. The only problem is I spent a bundle on shopping but got lots of goodies :)

Good news! I got the mult O in Singapore. They didnt mention personal history or flight ticket. My bank is in Jersey, when I showed the statement she just asked me to convert the balance into Thai Bt and wrote it down on the application then gave me back the statement. No hassles no problems and no que. when I picked it up today at 14:00 I was the only person in there. The only problem is I spent a bundle on shopping but got lots of goodies :)

Well done beammeup. Would be interested to know what bank balance you had to show in comparison to the KL "requirement" (between 30k-100k). 400k??

Edited by thaiphoon

Air ticket is easy fix. Just buy a full fare with full refund. After you show the ticket, get a full refund.

I don't know why embassy keep asking to see air ticket even though they knew that full fare air ticket is fully refundable.

Yah no kidding I got a refund on mine as soon as I arrived in Bangkok -2000bt. Just another hoop you need to jump through. I dont think she even looked aty my flight ticket though.

Beammeup.

Are you saying that the Embassy in Singapore accepted a bank statement from a bank outside Thailand as long as it show a balance, after currency conversion which is over 400K?

Thanks.

:)

Yes exactly! I called before I left and asked if this was OK and she said yes. I had some reservations when I went but in the end it was OK

Well done beammeup. Would be interested to know what bank balance you had to show in comparison to the KL "requirement" (between 30k-100k). 400k??

It was well over 400K