Portable Folding Diy Workbench

SantiSuk

I cannot find one (the sort made by Black & Decker in the US and Europe - or anything vaguely useable) in my home area of Ubon Ratchatani and I am visiting CM this week.

I was told by an Ubon Home Hub store manager that the carpenters make their own workbenches. . Presumably not many DIY types in Isaan.

Nobody in my village could even knock together a workbench if their life depended on it. Even the maintenance guys working for the big apartment blocks and condos have no idea at all how to repair anything. I have never seen such an amazing lack of ability anywhere else in the world and I don't understand how it is possible to go through one's life in such an appalling state of ignorance. Even if you could buy such a DIY workbench here, I think they would break it in less than a week.

I cannot find one (the sort made by Black & Decker in the US and Europe - or anything vaguely useable) in my home area of Ubon Ratchatani and I am visiting CM this week.

I was told by an Ubon Home Hub store manager that the carpenters make their own workbenches. . Presumably not many DIY types in Isaan.

Yes; I know exactly what you re after. I am 99% certain these are sold at TrueValueHardware in both Pattaya and Chonburi.

If you like; I couldstop in at the Pattaya store and have a look as to availablity and price ?

If you're in Ubon, I could organize to send one to you from here.

Just PM me and w'll see what we can do, okay ?

Cheers,

JGK/Pattaya

Nobody in my village could even knock together a workbench if their life depended on it. Even the maintenance guys working for the big apartment blocks and condos have no idea at all how to repair anything. I have never seen such an amazing lack of ability anywhere else in the world and I don't understand how it is possible to go through one's life in such an appalling state of ignorance. Even if you could buy such a DIY workbench here, I think they would break it in less than a week.

I see that you have only joined up with TV a few days ago but realise that many people have been in the realm for a number of years before joining TV. :D

But I hope that you know that you are vying for the title of the "most negative poster on TV", a title that reading some of the responses to my own posts I thought that I had a clear claim to (or had, had it bestowed on me) :D

But anyways, I agree with what you have written 100% and I cannot think that there is much that I can or could add. :)

Finally, keep on posting "as you see it" as competion is always a good thing.

p.s. welcome to Thai Visa.

Edited by john b good

Sounds like you live in Suan Prung village.

I bought my Black and Decker workbench in either HomePro or HomeWorks in Bangkok a few years ago and apart from trying to find the plastic grips yet again I have one board slightly split over a 5 year period.

I will be replacing both of the top boards this year with some better wood when I get the time.

It works for me very well. :):D

Thanks for all the help and info and particularly for the kind offer from Pattaya. I will look up the relevant stores in CM later this week as a start. Oh and I entirely agree with the comment about tradesmen - abosolute shi*e for the most part (though the carpenter I got for our house actually was pretty good, but I don't want to call him and his clunky workbench out for every little thing). I do not blame them but somehow there is no system of training in this country - everyone is a jack of all trades master of none

Mission accomplished. Bought in Global at 2,520 (slightly more than the cost in the UK, which seems to be true of many things DIY in Thailand presumably 'cos they are luxury falang goods).

Thanks again to CM posters. you lucky people to have such great choice - though I see, from a thread that celebrated Global's reopening, you already know that