Which Washing Machine To Buy?

jingjingna

Okay, so it's time to buy a washing machine and I'm spoilt for choice as to which brand, single tub or twin tub etc etc. I don't want to spend more than Baht 10,000 since this machine will be plumbed into a house that I am renting and will probably leave behind/sell when I move into my own property.

I heard someone mention not to go for a twin tub and to look for a steel drum opposed to the plastic ones that are widely used in the machines here.

I will be looking for a 9kg load wash so if anyone out there has recently purchased a machine within this price bracket please post your comments.

Thanks guys! :o

Baht 10,000 since this machine will be plumbed into a house that I am renting and will probably leave behind/sell when I move into my own property

Why not take your washing machine with you?

I got my furniture moved 500 km for 3,000 baht including petrol. I could have gone in the truck too, if I had wanted.

My washing machine is a Toshiba, cost 8,500 bht about 2/3 years ago from Tesco Lotus on rama 4. Big, plastic drum. No problem at all, I have even used it a couple of times.

Upgrade your budget by about 3000 b and get the washing machine you really want, use it and take it with you when you go.

I bought a 'Mirrage' top loader stainlees steel drum, fully automatic. If you forget something, you can open the lid and put it in later. The mark up was 15000, but I got it for 13000. I think you are better buying from a high street shop, rather than the big supermarkets, who don't have the same after sales service.

Good luck :o

I'd really like to find a washing powder that doesn't make brand new clothes look like they're 10 years old after 2 washes! :o

Any suggestions, I use that Thai one at the mo in the green shiny pack, popular brand can't recall the name.

I just wish I could get some Persil or Arial over here! :D

I'd really like to find a washing powder that doesn't make brand new clothes look like they're 10 years old after 2 washes! :D

Any suggestions, I use that Thai one at the mo in the green shiny pack, popular brand can't recall the name.

I wish I could find some soap that makes me look 10 years old after two washers. :o

I'd really like to find a washing powder that doesn't make brand new clothes look like they're 10 years old after 2 washes! :D

I wish I could find some soap that makes me look 10 years old after two washers. :o

:D:D:D

Good one Simbo! Not quite the answer I was looking for though!

We've got, ahem...cough...I mean, my wife has got a Goldstar WP-701S.

It has a plastic bodywork, washer, spin dryer, 3 simple dial controls and is still going strong after about 8 years of daily use.

I wouldn't have a clue about the loading weights though. Cost about 6K at the time.

Much better than the top brands back home that used to have the motor brackets rust away from the frame after a few years.

Okay, so it's time to buy a washing machine and I'm spoilt for choice as to which brand, single tub or twin tub etc etc. I don't want to spend more than Baht 10,000 since this machine will be plumbed into a house that I am renting and will probably leave behind/sell when I move into my own property.

I heard someone mention not to go for a twin tub and to look for a steel drum opposed to the plastic ones that are widely used in the machines here.

I will be looking for a 9kg load wash so if anyone out there has recently purchased a machine within this price bracket please post your comments.

Thanks guys!  :o

I bought a Samsung WA85K9 , Tornado 6.5 Kg for 10k, I bought it mainly because Samsung have a service facility in Pattaya and it is supposed to use 30% less water than comparable machines. I don't think you are going to get 9kg load for 10k.

Twin tubs are all about economy, in the old days when people used to use the same water for two washes (Ugh) (nappies etc) you only have to look at them and the price to see that. Although their spin driers historically got things a bit drier than a front loader, probably not any more.

A steel drum sounds good but some (including mine) are kind of composite with metal parts bonded to plastic panels to give the effect of lots of metal , I would imaging a moulded plastic drum would have a longer life than this Hybrid because of the weakness of the joins.

Very pleased with the performance of the above lots of programs, soaking , complete control over water level in tub and a tune when it finishes!! Complete standard wash rinse and spin in 42mins (med water level).

Now the only bad bit about a top loaders is that they don't fit very well under kitchen counters, and also it is quite a pain to pull the washing machine out each time you want to use it. I must admit to owning two top loaders, the first shown here is a fully automatic beasty one, the second=[hiding my head in shame, so I won't post it here] is a twin tub just like me granny used to have, but this one didn't come with the mangler thing.

1be.jpg

Thanks Spacebass for the info! You can get plenty of machines for well under 10k hence my quote "spoilt for choice". My problem is deciding on which one to go for ..plenty of Hitachi's, Samsungs, LG's etc. When I asked the guy at the local shop which one was the best he didn't have a clue, that's why I thought of asking here.

Anyone else?

Now the only bad bit about a top loaders is that they don't fit very well under kitchen counters, and also it is quite a pain to pull the washing machine out each time you want to use it. I must admit to owning two top loaders, the first shown here is a fully automatic beasty one, the second=[hiding my head in shame, so I won't post it here]is a twin tub just like me granny used to have, but this one didn't come with the mangler thing.

Looks a lot like my one. Keep it outside.

Now the only bad bit about a top loaders is that they don't fit very well under kitchen counters, and also it is quite a pain to pull the washing machine out each time you want to use it. I must admit to owning two top loaders, the first shown here is a fully automatic beasty one, the second=[hiding my head in shame, so I won't post it here] is a twin tub just like me granny used to have, but this one didn't come with the mangler thing.

Looks a lot like my one. Keep it outside.

But I live in an apartment building & only have a balcony, and the wife's parents setup home there a couple of months ago & won't budge.