Weld Shop To Fabricate A Tuned Exhaust For A Solo 210

Macx

Hi All,

I'm not sure if this should be in the motoring or farming forum (the Solo 210 was originally used for farming purposes--now it's popular as a paramotor engine).

Anyhow, I have a Solo 210 that needs a tuned exhaust for extra power (the old box exhaust is broken). I'm debating whether to order a tuned exhaust from the US or have a local weld/pipe shop make one for me (I have the dimensions, specs downloaded from the net).

The US exhaust runs around 15,000 baht. I'm wondering if it would be cheaper to have one welded here--and how good that would be.

I don't have much experience in exhaust tuning 2-strokes or in welding for that matter, so I don't have any idea on how difficult/easy this is.

Any ideas/suggestions about how I might go about solving this problem would be greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers

ps. if anyone miraculously has a used tuned exhaust for a Solo 210 sitting around, I would love to buy it and spare myself all the potential headaches :D

Macx... there is a company near Pattaya called Tyga Performance who have done tuned 2t exhaust for bikes. Also tsugki do them as well. not sure if you could get them to do a 1 off but its worth a try. Contact details for tyga can be googled and Khun Pariya (contact details in the Tiger boxer thread ) can give you the details for Tsugki thailand. Any way i'm off to bed.Allan

Macx,

The stainless ones from Tyga that I have on my bike were around 10000 baht each. They are somewhat complex to fit under the fairing. If yours is simple maybe. Having said that one off are always more expensive. BTW Tyga do not trade in Thailand. :) Just so you know.

Matt is the guy to talk to about the technical side. Paul is the businessman! The key is who,where they get them made. I do know they have the design software. If there is a potential paramotor business who knows?

Can't find a number let me know.

Thanks, onlycw & VocalNeal. I'll keep your suggestions in mind. I'm hoping to source or fabricate one locally. My engine is suppose to turn a propeller so there are some issues about fitting it around all the other hardware.

I've sent some emails to paramotor clubs here. Fingers crossed. If not, it's me going down to the local pipe shop with a prayer and a wad of bahts :)