Remailing Services In The U S A

GungaDin

Shipto.com rates look ok but they don't reply to emails... not a good sign.

usa2me.com sucks, lots of bad reports.

Anyone had good experiences with remailing co's?

cheers :)

shipito.com is the best used them for years. They do reply to my emails usually within 12 hours.

I have had brand new $4000 laptops shipped to thailand with them and small things worth $10.00.

Cannot fault their service. They even photograph the item box and put it in your account for u to check.

They will ship the item same day by the method u choose and they give u some REALLY discounted rates on fedex.

Edited by namoo

Shipto.com rates look ok but they don't reply to emails... not a good sign.

Anyone had good experiences with remailing co's?

cheers :)

shipito.com is the best used them for years. They do reply to my emails usually within 12 hours.

I have had brand new $4000 laptops shipped to thailand with them and small things worth $10.00.

Cannot fault their service. They even photograph the item box and put it in your account for u to check.

They will ship the item same day by the method u choose and they give u some REALLY discounted rates on fedex.

Thanks Namoo.

what email address works?

I used the one on their website "info@shipto(dot)com"

try support@

they may give priority to registered customers tho not sure. But really never had a problem with never replying to emails. if its urgent u can also call them.

And you declare the customs value not them :) which is a HUGE bonus for Thailand customs.

Edited by namoo

Actually, for the last 4 months, I've had great service from USA2me, including both mail and a couple of packages. Very fast...the last shipment in just 2 days despite an American holiday. I'm not discounting that some people have had problems, but I am very satisifed...at least so far.

This looks like an excellent service, just what I need.

MyUSABox.com the best for mail, they give the option to scan and email for $2 each letter.

They sent me packages and will even shop for you.

Mike will give you a telephone number and NY address and fax service. You can choose to have many packages broken down for you and they will combine for easy shipping and alot of other benefits. IPS was another but Myusabox.com has been very friendly and helpful, They have free membership and paid for by the year for VIP rates and treatment. OK enough from me, just thought i would pass on some good service.

This is awesome stuff, thanks a lot for posting. I have found some places that ship outside the USA, but most online shops simply don't bother. I can understand too, international shipping adds lots of complications but not many customers...

BTW for those who have done it - how much does it cost to get stuff via these sites? I checked the shop for me service at myusabox and it's rather steep - $200 commission for a $1300 item, plus shipping... also it would be great to ship via USPS ground, that's the best way to avoid customs troubles in Thailand.

Edited by nikster

Earthclass mail gives you a PO box and street address (which you must have under the Patriot Act for any financial stuff), it can be in Oregon, or one of a number of other locations they have. You fill out a USPS 1583 which authorizes them to act as your mail forwarding service. Then when they receive mail, they do a hi res scan of front and back of the piece, e-mail you a link, and you can look at it, decide if you want it opened and scanned, shredded, recycled, forwarded somewhere else, etc. It is a really cool service. Check it out! www.earthclassmail.com. Their facility is secure, video cameras, pocketless uniforms, the works.

Some of the prices in this thread are horrendous! - Some really dodgy companies offering this service. YOUR BEST OPTION is shipito.com - no i dont work for them but with their small handling charge and savings on fedex it makes no sense to use anyone else. I have done a LOT of research on this process.

Shipito.com will charge you $8.50 flat fee per item & Your choice of shipping cost.

plus what shipping method you use (about 40% discount on fedex)

here is some of my last orders from shipito.com:

1. Amazon Kindle 2 ebook reader FEDEX INTERNATIONAL PRIORIITY (3 day delivered to bangkok) all costs inc shipping / insurance and shipito handling charge US$32.24

2. Apple iphone 3G FEDEX INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY (4 days delivered to bangkok) all costs as above US39.25

3. 2 3foot minidisplay port extension cables FEDEX INTERNATIONAL PRIORITY (3 days delivered to BKK US$29.12

You can use a cheaper shipping method with less secure / slower services but at those fedex prices it just does not make sense. Secondly the customs price u declare on the webpage with shipito.com is up to u. I put the value of the iphone as $100.00. Fedex charged me 600 baht customs. Ebook kindle I put value as $50.00 i got charged 200thb.

shipito.com no form filling nothing. u complete the whole process online in you account.

You can also combine packages. for example the user that wants 1 package each month - just hold it until all items are ready to send in 1 package and you will save a fortune on shipping.

Edited by namoo

no. If you use fedex/dhl/ups the chances of customs opening the packages are very very slim as its express items.

I have NEVER had anything opened by customs using any of the express cargo couriers. Even if a shipment gets delayed in customs (Random hold of a complete container that your package happens to be in)

99.9% of the time this results in 1 day / 0.5 day extra processing time without anything been opened - they are just checking the paperwork is in order and possibly scan the items in that particular container.

Do not worry about that.

When you pay customs on delivery you are paying FEDEX or DHL or UPS you are not paying customs. FEDEX will have paid the customs charge on your behalf already and are simply requesting the money from you for themselves.

Depends on how much you wish to pay on customs :)

However remember should something happen to the package ie lost (VERY VERY VERY unlikely) damaged (Very unlikely but possible) or destroyed (Aircraft accident) - very very unlikely)

Fedex will only pay u what the declared value is. so if you put value as $100 then thats what you'll get.

Having said that dhl and fedex have never lost/damaged anything of mine in 15 years of using them - touch wood.

you could put the value as $100.00 you will get hit probably for 600baht max on customs. You should really put the full value but get ready to pay huge amounts.

Edited by namoo

Namoo,

did Customs open any of your packets?

In Chiang Mai, I have twice had packages opened by Customs. Both were motorcycle accessories shipped FedEx. In one they found an invoice that was higher than the Customs form and I had to pay the higher amount, of course.

Shipping by USPS I have had no problems with Customs.

In Chiang Mai, I have twice had packages opened by Customs. Both were motorcycle accessories shipped FedEx. In one they found an invoice that was higher than the Customs form and I had to pay the higher amount, of course.

Shipping by USPS I have had no problems with Customs.

Suprising.. like i say never happened to me ever.

• 3 months later...

I have used BongoUS for a few months. I am lukewarm about them. At the very least, they are legit and they do what they say and their web site is reasonably modern and useful.

Something that muddies the issue is that all these services scour the internet for mention of themselves and their competition and they sandbag each other and astroturf themselves.

Pros:

• You have to sign a USPS 1583 form which is US law. I like that. It's legitimate. It's not just a fly-by-night
  • Shipping is via DHL which is very nice in Thailand. It always takes 3 days. If I request shipment on Wednesday afternoon Thai time, I receive stuff Saturday morning--always. When DHL is ready to deliver, they call me first-thing in the morning and confirm that I will be available at whatever time.
  • While not perfect, the web site is pretty useful for day-to-day stuff. You can see what's pending, what's on file. You can aggregate your stuff and have it shipped out. They can photograph your stuff, etc.
  • While sometimes I've had my doubts, they basically seem to be honest about the weight of things. All of these services that charge by weight have a conflict of interest. If they fudge the weight by just a pound or two, they earn $20 or more per shipment. Meanwhile, by the time you receive your goods, you are not in a strong position to do much about it. In other words, they have you by the balls. Bongo has been pretty good about this.
  • Basic business stuff like changing my credit card and changing other information on file worked without incident. They are at least competent at running their office.

Cons:

• You have to sign a USPS 1583. That document must be notarized which means you have to go to the US embassy and pay $30 and waste a half a day.
  • DHL 3rd-day international is the only option
  • You can declare the price of your goods, however the same price is used both for insurance and customs declaration. It is not possible to have $500 insurance on a $50-declared-value shipment. Of course, I am a goody-two-shoes and I never, ever, skirt the law. So I do not mind this restriction.
  • Sometimes I accidentally input the value of my goods incorrectly (incorrect decimal point or something). Not always, but sometimes they will override the price when they receive the receipt from e.g. Amazon. To modify the price, you have to send them a receipt. I would say 70-80% of the time, my accidental typos slip through the cracks.
  • I feel like it is expensive. Very often I order books or shoes and I am in no hurry to receive them. Why pay $10 per pound for next-day delivery?
  • While there weren't major screw-ups, support is not stellar either.
  • They are closed on Saturday. Amazon ships to them via USPS which delivers on Saturday. I always get emails from Amazon saying to go pick up my package at the local post office. Most of the time, the USPS re-delivers but every time this situation arises, I am in a state of mild terror since Bongo doesn't lift a finger. They just email back "have your courier re-deliver."

At this point, due to positive reviews about shipito, I will probably try them too however I will not be canceling my BongoUS account anytime soon.

I have attached some graphs I made for Bongo's prices to Thailand.

post-57818-1263616059_thumb.png

post-57818-1263616070_thumb.png

post-57818-1263616077_thumb.png

Edited by jhs

hey, for items forwarding outside US,Viaddress is the best . I have been using them since many years. Their rates are much lower thanBongous, Vpost, Borderlinx .

I have had purchased several items online and shipped them to phuket via viaddress service only and the most important thing is, items are always received in perfect conditions.

2 years ago i had to buy a necklace for my mom and the liked one wasn't available here. so i bought it from eBay and shipped them through viaddreess. Necklace was reached in 3 days. they are really fast, reliable and trustworthy.

i would say, for international customers, it is must to have them. here is the link.

viaddress dot com

Also they have live chat support, so if you need any assistance, they are always ready to answer your queries.

one and only post, could this be sandbagging as stated above?

usa2me has mispellings and grammar errors on its home page. no good.

I still recommend shipito.com - Had so many things re mailed here with them this year and never ever a problem with them. Really can't fault them and their discounted fedex rates are really cheap especially if you combine multiple shipments with them.

I still recommend shipito.com - Had so many things re mailed here with them this year and never ever a problem with them. Really can't fault them and their discounted fedex rates are really cheap especially if you combine multiple shipments with them.

Namoo. PM sent, yesterday. :)

Me & my friend use 2 different outfits in Texas. Mine is in Houston. I find their service excellent. As soon as an item is received you will be able to see the details online. Then you decide when to ship.

The problem is ..... & I believe this to be true of all mail forwarders - since 9-11 you can not send by sea.

So if the item you are shipping is over 4 pounds (1.8 kg) then the prices get crazy.

FROM USA - I use USPS exclusively.

I would nevr use FEDEX DHL or UPS - fokking wanke_rs. They are well known rip artists.