Farang Clubbed By Security Officer For Peeing

britmaveric

Farang clubbed by security officer for peeing in the wrong place

news506-march2005.jpg

Unfortunately he chose the worst possible spot and unwittingly urinated over a scared shrine of Buddha

Police Major Pongsawat Wongwarn, inquiry inspector at Pattaya Police Station, sent along a patrol officer to Krung Thai Bank on Central Road around 2.30 in the morning on March 16 after receiving word of a brawl taking place outside.

At the scene, the officer met with Pratwat Seegungit, 53, a security officer at the bank, and a bloody Stuart Levy from England, 50, who was nursing a head wound. A bunch of motorbike taxi riders were also at the scene.

Both the security officer and Brit were taken to the police station for questioning. After listening to both versions of events, the agreed story was as follows: Stuart Levy was in need a pee and found a private area off the street to relieve himself. Unfortunately he chose the worst possible spot and unwittingly urinated over a scared shrine of Buddha. This incensed the security officer at the bank who immediately began a verbal barrage of abuse which was matched by the farang. Harsh words turned to fists being thrown and so Pratwat pulled out his copper's club and began to bash the foreigner on the head. At this point, taxi drivers rushed over to break up the melee. After doing so, the police finally arrived.

Both men agreed to let the matter go, but this is where the story really turns: at the point of leaving Levy suddenly realized that he was no longer wearing his gold necklace. Whether this had accidentally broken off during the skirmish or one of the so-called Good Samaritan taxi drivers was not so good is not known.

It's believed police went back to the scene to check on necklace. It's not known if they were successful in retrieving the item, but no doubt all of the taxi drivers will be interviewed to get their version of events as well.

The necklace was valued to be around 350,000 baht.

-Pattaya People

Edited by britmaveric

Farang clubbed by security officer for peeing in the wrong place

. This incensed the security officer at the bank who immediately began a verbal barrage of abuse which was matched by the farang. Harsh words turned to fists being thrown and so Pratwat pulled out his copper's club and began to bash the foreigner on the head. At this point, taxi drivers rushed over to break up the melee. After doing so, the police finally arrived.

-Pattaya People

CORRECTION:

Harsh words turned to fists being thrown and as Pratwat was getting the s**t kicked out of him taxi drivers rushed over to "even out" the sides. After doing so, the police finally arrived to give the Farang an additional thrashing and steal his necklace.

All's well that ends well!!!

That comes out to 50 baht of Gold. No wonder the farang was not killed. The weight of such a necklace surely caused him to to keep his head down.

That comes out to 50 baht of Gold. No wonder the farang was not killed. The weight of such a necklace surely caused him to to keep his head down.

Unless of course, he's as stupid as he looks & paid 350K for a 10 baht chain from one of our tourist-friendly jewellers...

Wandering around, getting piss-drunk, with almost $10,000 US in gold around your neck ? :o

I'm surprised he didn't get whacked the minute he walked out of the last bar he was in !

If you're stupid enough to go around in the middle of the night with a gold chain worth 350k ... som nam nah!

I generally side with the farang on any of these stories. The deck is so stacked against any farang that it is hard to root for any Thai. But, I am going to make an exception with this Brit. Any guy who wears a necklace worth $10,000 around Pattaya is just too stupid to defend.

I am with the thais on this one

Stereotypical drunken falang ,dumb enough to unrinate in public and on a shrine.

Gold chains....well hey not too many places in the world where these impress.

Heavy gold chains are for the Criminal set these days.

If you're stupid enough to go around in the middle of the night with a gold chain worth 350k ... som nam nah!

I generally side with the farang on any of these stories. The deck is so stacked against any farang that it is hard to root for any Thai. But, I am going to make an exception with this Brit. Any guy who wears a necklace worth $10,000 around Pattaya is just too stupid to defend.

50 baht is 3/4 kilo of gold :D methinks more likely 35000 baht chain...........what a prat though. Edit or even more likely he's a quick thinking cockney lad looking for a free holiday :D:o

Edited by thaiflyer1

Fair play to the chap,he's just been on Sophon to give his side of the story,and he came over very well.

Ex Falkland and gulf war veteran,rank Sargent Major.Claims he was 30 meters away from the Shrine.

I certainly withdraw my comments after seeing him.

Fair play to the chap,he's just been on Sophon to give his side of the story,and he came over very well.

Ex Falkland and gulf war veteran,rank Sargent Major.Claims he was 30 meters away from the Shrine.

I certainly withdraw my comments after seeing him.

Must have been a world record then if he managed to hit the shrine :o