I Need A House !

Noddy1

I am looking for a house to rent in pattaya for 1 year .

Thouroghly peeved off with real estate agents , dont turn up at the appointed time , :)

show me a house no where near the area its advertised to be , :D cant contact the owner to get

the keys , :D no idea why I would be calling regarding anything to do with real estate , :D promise to call

back , but never do , :D or you need to talk to my husband , and I dont know where he is :D .

Fark ! Anyway , I need a house , on the beach side of Sukhumvit , MUST be close to some shops

restaurants , bars etc , must be secure , and must have a bit of garden .

Budget ..... up to 35000 baht

Anyone ? Please help

I am looking for a house to rent in pattaya for 1 year .

Thouroghly peeved off with real estate agents , dont turn up at the appointed time , :)

show me a house no where near the area its advertised to be , :D cant contact the owner to get

the keys , :D no idea why I would be calling regarding anything to do with real estate , :D promise to call

back , but never do , :D or you need to talk to my husband , and I dont know where he is :D .

Fark ! Anyway , I need a house , on the beach side of Sukhumvit , MUST be close to some shops

restaurants , bars etc , must be secure , and must have a bit of garden .

Budget ..... up to 35000 baht

Anyone ? Please help

In Rayong (Tapong) I have what you need for 10,000/month, have private pier and swimming pool in the aria

Apart from the Classifieds, doing the footwork yourself as raro suggests is the best option. A 'crotch-rocket' motorcycle is a better option as you can cruise slower and see the signs a lot easier than from a car. A lot of properties do not list themselves with any agencies and the best success stories I have read usually result from a personal referral or other word of mouth.

Twice in the last 3 years, I attempted to solicit the services of various 'Realtors' in Pattaya. The first one argued the wrong case for Pratumnak Hill like I was a total newbie (I am a former long-time resident) and the second time around, another company refused to draft a short-list of properties for preview until I came to their office and viewed them from a book or online or whatever. They wanted to make sure I wasn't a 'time waster' for them. I told them by refusing to give me a list BEFOREHAND, they would be wasting mine, the Customer's time but they didn't see it that way.

take your car, drive around and look for the sale/rent signs all over the place. Good dels to find, but you have to look for them!

Agreed. That's the way I found my current home.

Thank you guys , I took Raro,s advice , drove around , drove into a couple of villages with security on the gates , explained I was looking for a house to rent , np problem , let me in .

I was amazed the amount of houses in some of these villages with for sale / for rent signs on .

Anyway , I found a great house , great location , great landlady at a very good price .

I would not waste my time with a real estate agent in Pattaya ever again .

Thank you guys , great forum :)