Who's Using True Internet In Chiang Mai?

Drew Aitch

Without any question of doubt, after sales service, or lack of it, regarding internet services can be an incredibly frustrating problem. Poor internet performance is annoying at best and worrying at worse.

On the old wireless setup I was hooked up to a few years back, I lost count on how many times I'd be making a purchase online, or wiring money, only to have the connection time out, or cut, mid transaction. After this comes the running around contacting various parties to see if the money or purchase has been completed or not, and that in itself can be a real hassle…

This is really why I raised the topic on the availability of TRUE internet, and despite one disgruntled post about their service in CM, it doesn't look as though there any major problems. If there were, TRUE would be competing with some of the others threads on crappy internet, but we don't see them here. I have to say that I use them all day every day and never worry about purchasing or wiring cash. Not something I would be comfortable doing with some of the other major players after reading TV over the past year or so.

So a bunch of expats complaining about how crap some of these service providers are will do nothing for personal peace of mind, nor have these businesses jump to attention and get their act together because a group of foreigners are unhappy with their packages.

This post, and others which raise these issues, are most useful when we can collectively find those services which are good, or at the very least, much better, than some of the poor performers out there.

So far, we have TRUE (available for some), and AIS SUPER 3G seems to be another which might show promise in the central area of CM. There are of course those who live in the surrounding areas who would probably also like to know the best service providers for out-of-town districts.

Maybe it's a good idea to now start to get a few contributing posts from those folks who are happy with their internet? Maybe some of these crap performers actually perform very well in certain areas? That alone may be of value to some.

Cheers

Aitch