Washing Powder With Enzymes

sleepyjohn

Hi

My dear old Mum decades ago used to use a washing powder with enzymes in it. Maybe it was called Ariel.

She used to say you just soak overnight and in the morning a quick squeeze out........she'd say it "washes itself". And it did.

Is this stuff available on the shelves?

John

Edited by sleepyjohn

Hi

My dear old Mum decades ago used to use a washing powder with enzymes in it. Maybe it was called Ariel.

She used to say you just soak overnight and in the morning a quick squeeze out........she'd say it "washes itself". And it did.

Is this stuff available on the shelves?

John

yes, i think there are a few products with enzymes in them, unfortunately you need to read thai to know which

pcolor2007.jpg

heres the website for Lion

yes, i think there are a few products with enzymes in them, unfortunately you need to read thai to know which

pcolor2007.jpg

heres the website for Lion

Hi Donny

actually I do read Thai in a modest way, and that product's called เปา or "Bpow". I guess the makers Lion, which i think is "Sing".

You're correct it does have the same main enzyme as Mum's Ariel.

Thanx.

Any more input greatly appreciated. Not sure if I want the other things they have in the Bpow which is for coloureds. I'm gradually having a new set of shirts made and I'd like to have one for whites which maybe has a touch of bleach. Not to mention the local laundry really doesn't do a good job on stains on older whites and they need doing at home occasionally.

John

Edited by sleepyjohn

I bought some new stuff (sorry John, I didn't save the pack) that claims a sort of "nanotechnology"

Don't laugh, just yet.

Apparently it has some silver (silver halide?) ingredient that has an anti-microbial function.

As in kills bacteria, molds/fungi, etc.

Costs about the same as the other types, smells good; works for me....

Used it about a month now on the small hand washables (socks, dish towels) that I don't send to the laundry lady.

Will come up with the name next time I buy some.... :)

Hello Mc G!

I'm not a fan of antimicrobials it means when you lose your resistance doesn't it?

.Sainsbury's used to make cutting boards and fridge containers and everything out of them.

I used to go to a very posh Indian restaurant which had silver leaf in the ice cream though.......

cheers John