Tourist Visa To England

i cant believe that after 8 weeks of waiting we finaly have our 6 month visitor visa..

iv been reading the various posts about peoples success and other peoples struggle.

id like to first thank the forum and forum members for there support.

i nearly cant believe the embassy granted my gf the visa. we had known each other for just 8 months in total and most of that time i spent back i the uk working. when i supplied the paper work i told 100% the truth. i did'nt even supply any evidencve of phone calls. my gf has no job no house no land and no car. i only supplied evidence of our daily emails that we sent together and my p60 bank statements and about 6 photoes together... i also included my c.v.(resume). i spent the most time giving a detailed and accurate document about how we met and the length of our relationship. i dont even rent or own a house in england and did'nt even use my family address. i said id be stopping at hotels.(i included details of random hotels in london that i may stay in)... i took the advice from the forum,

iv read a recent post with people saying it's nearly impossible to to get a uk visa. but iv been succesfull thanks to this forum.

next time i will be applying for a spouse visa and for this one i think il use an agent as im sure it's going to be harder for us to get. but for now im happy that i can spend christmass in the uk together. she said she wanted to see snow..she's gonna be freezing .

thanks again thai visa.com...

don't bother using an agent. They're a rip-off. As long as you uphold the requirements of the visa she's just got (ie - no overstay, no arrests during stay) then the next visa is easier since you've shown to them that you're not using it for illegal means

don't bother using an agent. They're a rip-off. As long as you uphold the requirements of the visa she's just got (ie - no overstay, no arrests during stay) then the next visa is easier since you've shown to them that you're not using it for illegal means

Correct/ All you have to do is up date your file with up to date pay slips ext ext. just put a letter in explaining your plans For the future , wether you are going to marry or what ,, I did Booth my Visas Holiday and settlement and i got them first time , just have a bit if confidence in yourself .

don't bother using an agent. They're a rip-off.

This statement is a generalisation and very misleading, for sure there are some people that call themselves agents and make outrageous claims, but there are a number of honest and reliable advisers who will give honest and practical advice and a number of people have used them and speak highly of them. They are of course businesses and will require a fee for their services, but the legitimate ones charge a reasonable fee and for some people this is a small price to pay.

I personally wouldn't use the services of an agent as I feel the system is pretty straightforward, but others have taken a different approach, it's their choice.

So please don't say that all agents are rip offs.

By the way barnanby666, well done you are a good example of how it can be done.

We have never used an agent and have always got the visas we applied for. This forum would have helped at one stage if I had known about it!!

There are occasions when agents can stop you making a mess of things. If the visas are for settlement there is a lot of money and time to waste. If you can work with the UKBA website and the forum and provide good documentation then you probably do not need an agent. If you are unsure a good agent (regulated not rip-off) may be of great use and particularly if your partner/gf needs confidence building there are plenty of stories on the forum to suggest they may help.

all agents are rip offs. You'll be paying someone far too much for something that is irritating but simple. You can do it yourself, just follow the instructions...

I agree i only used the forum and reading everything twice did not use a agent, But each to there own up to you if you want to waste money when you can do yourself

all agents are rip offs. You'll be paying someone far too much for something that is irritating but simple. You can do it yourself, just follow the instructions...

Those that hold themselves out to be agents, then fleece unsuspecting clients are.

I agree i only used the forum and reading everything twice did not use a agent, But each to there own up to you if you want to waste money when you can do yourself

That's funny quite a few reputable, and by that I mean registered and licensed agents in their home country, give freely to these forums, so where do you think a lot of the advice comes from that you relied upon.