The Smallest Dv Camera!

mr_hippo

As you may know, I am out cycling nearly every day. I bought a hemet/handlebar camera a few years ago to video the sights but have recently bought what is billed as 'The smallest DV camera' and it is tiny.

MUVI2.jpg

Up to 3 hours recording time on a 8GB micro SD card, powered by internal rechargeable battery (charged through USB port) and voice operated. Optional sports pack contains different brackets.

It records onto a Micro SD card. On one side there is the On/Off switch, the other side has the Vox (Voice operated record) switch and the record button is on the top. Voice operated recording comes in above 65dB and goes off when sound goes below 65dB; when the camera is head mounted, I just toggle the vox switch to start/stop recording.

There's a USB port on the bottom of the unit and it is through this that the battery is charged and files downloaded.

In the examples below, there is no sound - the mike picks up the wind noise.

The next clip is with sound. The clips have been compiled using Windows Movie Maker but I have not played about with the sound.

The first clip (coffee shop) - you may have to turn the sound up a bit.

The second clip - I am travelling at about 25 kph and most of the noise you hear is wind noise.

The third clip - why I do not need a bicycle bell!

I'll try experimenting with adding a running commentary whilst cycling and try and see if I can get a reasonable track.

• 4 weeks later...
As you may know, I am out cycling nearly every day. I bought a hemet/handlebar camera a few years ago to video the sights but have recently bought what is billed as 'The smallest DV camera' and it is tiny.

MUVI2.jpg

Up to 3 hours recording time on a 8GB micro SD card, powered by internal rechargeable battery (charged through USB port) and voice operated. Optional sports pack contains different brackets.

It records onto a Micro SD card. On one side there is the On/Off switch, the other side has the Vox (Voice operated record) switch and the record button is on the top. Voice operated recording comes in above 65dB and goes off when sound goes below 65dB; when the camera is head mounted, I just toggle the vox switch to start/stop recording.

There's a USB port on the bottom of the unit and it is through this that the battery is charged and files downloaded.

In the examples below, there is no sound - the mike picks up the wind noise.

The next clip is with sound. The clips have been compiled using Windows Movie Maker but I have not played about with the sound.

The first clip (coffee shop) - you may have to turn the sound up a bit.

The second clip - I am travelling at about 25 kph and most of the noise you hear is wind noise.

The third clip - why I do not need a bicycle bell!

I'll try experimenting with adding a running commentary whilst cycling and try and see if I can get a reasonable track.

Great stuff.. where did you buy it???

• 1 month later...

That's pretty good for a first bike cam.

You'll always have the hitch of the camera moving every time you look around though. That's the downside.

Once you have a fixed emplaced camera that's when it gets good. :)

What was the price on that bit of kit?

This is what I use:

P1050706.jpg

A bit bulkier and comes in at around $200

can you get this in bkk? how much did you pay for it? tks.

I bought it direct from the manufacturer. I have seen clones of the MUVI as low as US$65 on the net.

That's pretty good for a first bike cam.

You'll always have the hitch of the camera moving every time you look around though. That's the downside.

Once you have a fixed emplaced camera that's when it gets good. :)

What was the price on that bit of kit?

This is what I use:

P1050706.jpg

A bit bulkier and comes in at around $200

Your camera looks more suited to motorcycles than bicycles. I disagree that the downside is a moving viewpoint - it can enhance the video.

It can enhance I don't doubt. But on long journeys unless the thing is sitting on top of your head you have to cant your head to one side slightly otherwise you get a biased viewpoint.

The tachyon is perfect for bicycles as well. You get an attachment for cycle helmets and handlebar mounts too.

• 4 weeks later...