Man City Bosses Regret Allowing Thaksin To Take Over Their Club

webfact

But he was under multiple INDICTMENTS in his home country,

and that should have cleary sent up serious flags on Fit and Proper.

From an illegal government who overthrew a Democratically Elected Prime Minister, by force. No matter what your view of him, that was the position at the time. And that is probably why the UK let him in and he passed the test. The UK won't let him back in now and i doubt very, very much he would now pass the fit and proper persons test.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Google is your friend.

Thaksin ceased to be "democratically elected" when he dissolved the parliament six months before the coup. Fairly easy to check.

I looked at the "fit and proper" test - stakes in other clubs, directors of bankrupt companies, convictions etc. It just made Thaksin eligible to apply, pass the first hurdle.

I don't think that those are the things Gary Cook complained about in the article. Do you?

Google is your friend.

Thaksin ceased to be "democratically elected" when he dissolved the parliament six months before the coup. Fairly easy to check.

I looked at the "fit and proper" test - stakes in other clubs, directors of bankrupt companies, convictions etc. It just made Thaksin eligible to apply, pass the first hurdle.

I don't think that those are the things Gary Cook complained about in the article. Do you?

Seconded.

isnt sport all fixed anyway??

sport is for ppl with too much free time. like flower arranging, or gossip etc.

soon we'll have 'sports personalities' in government offices. oh how popular politics will be.

so whats the difference between 'sporting' events and democracy?

Idiocracy.

ef

its all crud, lets stir it round and round shall we.....

Sure, Mr B, it was a rhetorical question.

I think since Thaksin takeover Man City has developed a tradition of starting the season on a high note, though this is the most promising start ever.

I don't approve of the situation when fans dedication to the club far exceed that of the players. Good show anyway, but what has it got to do with Manchester City? It's just the name the Arab owner loaned for their newly assembled Brazilian team. Ok, not exclusively Brazilian, but you get my point.

I don't approve of the situation when fans dedication to the club far exceed that of the players. Good show anyway, but what has it got to do with Manchester City? It's just the name the Arab owner loaned for their newly assembled Brazilian team. Ok, not exclusively Brazilian, but you get my point.

We've only got 3 Brazilian's Plus. One of those we are trying to off load (Jo), he's on a season long loan to Everton and one other (Sylvinho) we got on a free transfer and he hasn't played yet. We have more English players in our team than any other nationality.

As for dedication, I think you'll find most fans are far more dedicated to their club than any player is. I have been a City fan all my life and I still will be when the current players and owner are long gone. A supporter is for life, a player is for as long as he is needed and an owner is for as long as it makes business sense (or he gets bored). :)

It may not only have been that some of his money was locked away.

The business of running a football club may just have been a too generous affair for Thaksin or most Asian business people.

I would like to know more about the business structure before I make any judgment on Thaksin. For example had he give the 2m pounds which had to be borrowed from the ex-chairman would he have got something back for it?? Extra shares? Interest? If not, then really you're looking at a charity situation which isn't really very Asian and probably not even something that many Europeans would bother committing to do either. Leave it to the Arabs.

The idea of selling old players along with buying new ones also makes sense doesn't it? Why would any team want more than enough players...

SCHEDULE OF OFFENCES:

Conspiracy to defraud: Criminal Justice Act 1987, section 12

Conspiracy to defraud: Common Law

Corrupt transactions with (public) agents, corruptly accepting consideration: Prevention of Corruption Act 1906, section 1

Insider dealing: Criminal Justice Act 1993, sections 52 and 61

Public servant soliciting or accepting a gift: Public Bodies (Corrupt Practices) Act 1889, section 1

Theft: Theft Act 1968, section 1

Obtaining by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 15

Obtaining a money transfer by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 15A + B

Obtaining a pecuniary advantage by deception: Theft Act 1968, section 16

False accounting: Theft Act 1968, section 17

False statements by Company Directors: Theft Act 1968, section 19

Suppression of (company) documents: Theft Act 1968, section 20

Retaining a wrongful credit: Theft Act 1968, section 24A

Obtaining services by deception: Theft Act 1978, section 1

Evasion of liability by deception: Theft Act 1978, section 2

Cheating the Public Revenue/Making false statements tending to defraud the public revenue: Common Law

Punishment for fraudulent training: Companies Act 1985, section 458

Penalty for fraudulent evasion of duty etc: Customs & Excise Management Act 1979, section 170

Fraudulent evasion of VAT: Value Added Tax Act 1994 section 72

Person subject to a Banning order (as defined) : Football (Disorder) Act 2000, Schedule 1

Forgery: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 1

Copying a false instrument : Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 2

Using a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 3

Using a copy of a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 4

Cheating the Public Revenue/ Making false statements tending to defraud the public revenue: Common Law

Punishment for fraudulent training: Companies Act 1985, section 458

Penalty for fraudulent evasion of duty etc: Customs & Excise Management Act 1979, section 170

Fraudulent evasion of VAT: Value Added Tax Act 1994, section 72

Person subject to a Banning order (as defined): Football (Disorder) Act 2000, Schedule 1

Forgery: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 1

Copying a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 2

Using a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 3

Using a copy of a false instrument: Forgery and Counterfeiting Act 1981, section 4

I challenge anyone to find some of the above-listed items that T has NOT either been found guilty of, or at least aroused serious suspicion about.

Let's get real people, it's 99.99% about money, ....who's got the most to offer. Part of the complaint by M.City's bosses is T promised money that wasn't sufficiently delivered. Even if Jabba The Hut's delinquent little brother wanted to buy a PL football team for bragging rights, any team would be open - if the dollar amount was impressive enough. There are katoy on Walking Street who would gladly go home with the highest bidder. Are PL football team heads much different?

Edited by brahmburgers

And they did vet him and he passed the Premier League's 'Fit and Proper Persons Test', so do yourself and us a favour and stop posting on a topic you clearly know absolutely nothing about.

Have you read the OP? How could you miss this headline?

'We failed to do proper research on him,' chief executive tells Guardian

That's not the same as passing the Premier Leagues Fit and Proper Persons Test. Thaksin passed that test in June 2007, that is what allowed him to buy the club in the first place. I think Cook is saying that they should have done more research on him and not just relied on the Premier Leagues test.

I can recall very clearly; the fact he passed the 'Premier league fit and proper person' was questioned by many high profile people, they were shcoked that he passed and shocked that it all happened in 5 minutes.

Makes my mind boggle....didn't fully know what the new owners were like??? To have such incompetants in charge of a local village football club would be bad enough....but Man City???? Unreal.

Maybe someone should have told them about Google??

Brings an obvious question to my mind; 'how professional / how intelligent are the typical people who 'manage' big football clubs?'

Seems to me that they aren't necessarily all that intelligent, but not suggesting that this is true of all football clubs.

LETS SEE HE CLEARED ALL THERE DEBTS AND HE IS A BAD GUY. BUT NOW THEY ARE HAPPY BECAUSE STUPID MONEY IS BEING THROWN AT THEM

Sure! Same as before, do something which on the day makes people happy and hope they will see you as the saviour forever.

Hey wait a minute, he's done this before. Promise the Essan people the world but what , long-term, has actually been delivered ? (The majority of families in higher debt is one answer.)

Well it's good the Sheik's investments have been paying off.

I am not anti-MC, so don't be quite so defensive of you please.

If you think correcting something that somebody has stated, is being defensive, then i apologise. :)

I must admit, I've been a Man City fan all my life and i do tend to get a tad protective of them. :D

'Protective', does that mean it's OK to ignore the fact that the man has a very scaly track record, ignore that he supervised the murder of 2.500 of his fellow Thias, ignore the fact that he gor into bed with the Burmese thug generals, etc., etc?

Well it's good the Sheik's investments have been paying off.

I am not anti-MC, so don't be quite so defensive of you please.

If you think correcting something that somebody has stated, is being defensive, then i apologise. :)

I must admit, I've been a Man City fan all my life and i do tend to get a tad protective of them. :D

'Protective', does that mean it's OK to ignore the fact that the man has a very scaly track record, ignore that he supervised the murder of 2.500 of his fellow Thias, ignore the fact that he gor into bed with the Burmese thug generals, etc., etc?

And where did I say that. I was responding to a statement that animatic had said about City's current performance. Don't ever try putting words in my mouth or distorting posts to satisfy your own ends.

Google is your friend.

Seconded.

Yes, Gary Cook is backtracking and trying to cover the soiled public record of he and his collegues in their failures to examine at the time this gift horse Asian billionaire due to their blatant and drooling interest of seeking and seeing only money. Cook and his crew greased the skids for Thaksin, their supposed sugar daddy, without doing proper due diligence of the remotest nature.

ManCity aren't the only Western idiots in the mix of missing the actual nature and disfunctional character of the lunatic Thaksin. Shortly after the coup the widly respected and prestigeous International Institute of Strategic Studies in the UK, certainly a pro-democracy and freedom organization which focuses on global security, invited Thaksin to speak before it. This deed was foolishly and superficially done because such a serious minded and globally respected organization as the IISS completlly missed the on the ground situation in Thailand and the profoundly serious flaws in the supposed democratic credentials of Thaksin the furher.

Because ManCity is a higher profile organization to the general public globally, the IISS in the UK has remained under the global radar for their spectacular faux pas in inviting a dictator who is comparable to Hitler circa 1933 to speak before such a respected and prestigous global organization which genuinely promotes democracy, stability, peace and good government. Perhaps the IISS has since made some statement of "clarification" or somthing similiar regarding its completely stupid and ignorant decision to invite Thaksin to speak of democracy, but if it has I've missed it.

In any event, Thaksin presently is and for a considerable time now has been a global plague to democracies West and East.