How Do The Anti-thaksin/anti-red People Feel About Pad/yellows?

Jingthing

How do you feel about PAD/yellow shirts?  

93 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

To start a Poll one should be 100% INDEPENDENT and you're not.

Nonsense. NOBODY is 100% INDEPENDENT - and certainly not you. Everyone has some sort of an opinion. Doesn't mean they can't start a poll. What would be wrong is if they were in a position to meddle with the results. Jingthing isn't, no more than anyone else on this forum is.

Like everyone else, you are free to participate if you wish. If you don't, and you are not satisfied with the poll, why not start you own? How complicated is that? Deary me.

Nice to meet someone intelligent who knows more about me than I do myself. But you're way off since I'm probably more independent than most.

And, about starting a Poll; maybe you should re-read the topic what I wrote before otherwise you wouldn't suggest to start my own. Not smart to write something if you don't know WHAT I said.

LaoPo :)

Nonsense. NOBODY is 100% INDEPENDENT - and certainly not you. Everyone has some sort of an opinion. Doesn't mean they can't start a poll. What would be wrong is if they were in a position to meddle with the results. Jingthing isn't, no more than anyone else on this forum is.

Like everyone else, you are free to participate if you wish. If you don't, and you are not satisfied with the poll, why not start you own? How complicated is that? Deary me.

Nice to meet someone intelligent who knows more about me than I do myself. But you're way off since I'm probably more independent than most.

"Probably more independent than most" still doesn't make you 100% INDEPENDENT.

As i said, nobody with an opinion is. Not you, not me and not Jingthing. That however doesn't mean that none of us are allowed to create a poll.

Anybody is free to do so and anybody is free to register their vote if they so wish.

The fact that in your opinion polls are a waste of time matters not to the people who create them and the people who participate in them.

Perhaps in future you might save your time by not clicking on threads that have polls, as they are obviously of zero interest to you.

To start a Poll one should be 100% INDEPENDENT and you're not.

And, about starting a Poll; maybe you should re-read the topic what I wrote before otherwise you wouldn't suggest to start my own. Not smart to write something if you don't know WHAT I said.

LaoPo :)

Independent? previous discussions would indicate otherwise. To be honest, you tend to spend most trying to support a subjective point of view. And the fact is most of us do - i don't think anyone's objective. But there are degrees of subjectivity.

So it is settled, yes?

The majority of us wise anti-Thaksin/anti-reds are not supportive of the PAD/yellows. Its good to know.

how you come to the conclusion that thaksin haters like you are "wise"?

is there any evidence for that or at least a poll that support such assumption?

or that anti-thaksin is the same like anti-red? for example: where would you put individuals like Professor Giles Ungpakorn?

It really is amazing that some seem to not understand that people can be anti-thaksin and not in favour of the PAD too. This isnt an either or world.

in case you don't know: a lot of PAD critical voices, have been also very critical towards thaksins politics and this since a time when the majority of the PAD core leaders were thaksins best buddys.

but that is outside the TVforum cosmos. here you will find a very simplified 'anti thaksin' version. as long they can get their anti thaksin fix they apologise PAD, coups, dictators, military junta, suppression of civil rights and liberties and so on.

and everyone who doesn't support their simplified and emotional version of thaksin-hate got blamed as a thaksin lover.

Rumfoord

It is simply my person opinion that anti-Thaksin/anti-reds are more wise than Thaksin supporters. I don't think I ever said there was anything in the poll about the wisdom or lack of wisdom of that point of view. If you saw that, you IMAGINED it. Edited by Jingthing

"Probably more independent than most" still doesn't make you 100% INDEPENDENT.

As i said, nobody with an opinion is. Not you, not me and not Jingthing. That however doesn't mean that none of us are allowed to create a poll.

Anybody is free to do so and anybody is free to register their vote if they so wish.

The fact that in your opinion polls are a waste of time matters not to the people who create them and the people who participate in them.

Perhaps in future you might save your time by not clicking on threads that have polls, as they are obviously of zero interest to you.

1. I never said I was 100% independent; A Poll maker should be independent and Poll bureaus are; A real Poll maker is not a biased individual; but Jingthing is biased, being anti-Thaksin.

His conclusion in his message above proved that and he was satisfied with the outcome; that was what he was after in the first place. Good for him!

2. But of course anyone is free to open a poll. If it's silly depends on the questions asked. This poll was silly.

3. I didn't say "polls are a waste of time"; you just did. I like a GOOD poll with GOOD questions and answer-options, not a biased one.

4. If I wish to click on a poll in the future I will do so (checking if it's a silly one or not :) ) and prefer not to listen to your well meant advise, if that's ok with you ? :D

LaoPo

LP, everyone who reads this board regularly already knows I am very anti-Thaksin! It would make no difference what little editorial comments I make in the OP or the thread, my open and extreme BIAS is already a known quantity.

The poll itself in this thread is structured objectively. People can vote any way they please. Do you seriously think I have ANY influence over anyone as to how they vote in a poll here? Ridiculous. By your standard, I should never start a poll.

Thanks for sharing but from now on I am going to IGNORE you 100 percent. Your suggestion to me to restrict my freedom of expression here is something I fully reject.

Edited by Jingthing

LaoPo:

Your Poll is silly.

Yada, yada, yada!

Make your own then. Typical!

It seems like to LaoPo I hit a NERVE he doesn't want exposed, eh?

Note to those of you who don't find any choice close enough to your view: don't vote then, how about that?

It is also totally legit to limit a poll to subgroups. For example if you were polling Bulgarian Catholics, the first question you would ask is are you Catholic? Then are you Bulgarian? If the answer was no to either, you would stop the questioning and move on.

All polls have a structure, with set choices. Like any thread, people (including me) are free to post and make comments on the topic, so its not as if anyone's freedom of expression is being curtailed.

Cheers!

Every Taksin related post, namely most, that you make is personalized propaganda intoxicated with mindless drivel that is an assault upon the senses of those of us here capable of independent thought. Look, get over the Reds closing down the Gay Parade in Chiang Mai already. Find a useful cause, how about gerbils?

Chunkton

Every Taksin related post, namely most, that you make is personalized propaganda intoxicated with mindless drivel that is an assault upon the senses of those of us here capable of independent thought. Look, get over the Reds closing down the Gay Parade in Chiang Mai already. Find a useful cause, how about gerbils?

OK, thanks for sharing your considered opinion. BTW, I don't think most of my posts are Thaksin related but yes many are.

Baiting attempt deflected.

Isn't the gay gerbil thing kind of last century dude? If you're going to insult gay people (its tells us a lot that you think that is a cool thing to do), you might want to update your material (yawn).

Edited by Jingthing

Interesting that this (admittedly) non scientific poll shows that TV posters are decidedly anti yellow, perhaps as much as most are anti red. The "if you hate one, you must love the other" argument that gets tossed around far to often (mostly by the red supporters), seems to be without merit.

Rumfoord

It is simply my person opinion that anti-Thaksin/anti-reds are more wise than Thaksin supporters. I don't think I ever said there was anything in the poll about the wisdom or lack of wisdom of that point of view. If you saw that, you IMAGINED it.

no, i don't saw that. thats why is asked.

so it is your IMAGINATION to think of yourself as a "wise" person. thanks for the answer.

Thanks for the poll. I always vote in polls. If it weren't for polls I don't think I would count for anything.

Last month, I even answered questions in a poll about my menstrual cycle and I've never even had one!

LP, everyone who reads this board regularly already knows I am very anti-Thaksin! It would make no difference what little editorial comments I make in the OP or the thread, my open and extreme BIAS is already a known quantity.

The poll itself in this thread is structured objectively. People can vote any way they please. Do you seriously think I have ANY influence over anyone as to how they vote in a poll here? Ridiculous. By your standard, I should never start a poll.

Thanks for sharing but from now on I am going to IGNORE you 100 percent. Your suggestion to me to restrict my freedom of expression here is something I fully reject.

Thank you for letting me know officially and my means of a PM; I've received your message and replied.

It's sad that you consider my views so personal and assume that I'm attacking you personally which is not the case. I oppose your opinion and views regarding this Poll, nothing more.

That I would have suggested that I wanted to restrict your freedom of expression is something new since it didn't even slip my mind for a fraction of a second so there's nothing to reject :)

LaoPo

1. A Poll maker should be independent and Poll bureaus are; A real Poll maker is not a biased individual;

Who cares? This isn't a poll bureau, nor is it a real poll maker. It's just annonymous people on the internet. You take it for what it is. Do you take everything so seriously in life?

2. But of course anyone is free to open a poll. If it's silly depends on the questions asked. This poll was silly.

Fine. So it's silly in your opinion. You've made that clear. Others don't agree. Shall we move on?

3. I didn't say "polls are a waste of time"; you just did. I like a GOOD poll with GOOD questions and answer-options, not a biased one.

OK, sorry for not quoting you word for word. This is what you did say: "I don't do Polls as Polls don't prove anything as just shown"

Forgive me for interpreting that to mean you think that polls are a waste of time, but that was the impression your statement gave.

So you like "good" polls with "good" questions and answer options do you? Why not quit your moaning then and go create one? Blow us out of the water. Dazzle us. Can't wait.

4. If I wish to click on a poll in the future I will do so (checking if it's a silly one or not :) ) and prefer not to listen to your well meant advise, if that's ok with you ? :D

However you get your kicks man. :D

Rumfoord

It is simply my person opinion that anti-Thaksin/anti-reds are more wise than Thaksin supporters. I don't think I ever said there was anything in the poll about the wisdom or lack of wisdom of that point of view. If you saw that, you IMAGINED it.

no, i don't saw that. thats why is asked.

so it is your IMAGINATION to think of yourself as a "wise" person. thanks for the answer.

OK, man, you got me there. It is indeed silly to call oneself wise. A wise person would never do that. Oh well, I confess, I am a flawed human being. Hope you enjoyed the poll.

How excitable people get............ and all those CAPITAL LETTERS which experienced posters should already know is the equivalent of SHOUTING.

Polls (ingenious or silly) aside, what purpose is served by announcing that someone is being put on permanent "Ignore" (whether or not one thinks that's ever a sensible/defensible thing to do). IMO, it's akin to announcing that you're resigning from a forum (albeit rather less than permanently in the case I have in mind) - rather than just doing it.

OK, sorry for straying off-topic. Back to the excitement......... :)

How is it a hate based poll? All he's trying to do is ascertain how many anti-thaksin people are or aren't pro-PAD.

This is just another in a long long list of hate/anti Thaksin polls all originate from the same place. Whats the point? Life is so lacking?

How is it a hate based poll? All he's trying to do is ascertain how many anti-thaksin people are or aren't pro-PAD.

This is just another in a long long list of hate/anti Thaksin polls all originate from the same place. Whats the point?

The point of this poll is obvious and has already been stated and restated many times; to ascertain what proportion of those who feel negatively towards Khun Thaksin are supportive of the yellows/ the PAD. The reason for the poll is also obvious. Those who do feel negatively towards Khun Thaksin are regularly accused of being aligned with the yellows/the PAD.

Currently the poll is showing that 11 out of 60 who feel negatively towards Khun Thaksin, support the yellows/ the PAD, whereas the remaining 49 are either neutral or against the yellows/ the PAD - a rather overwhelming majority i would say.

As everyone has agreed, polls like these are not scientific and don't provide certain proof of anything, but that doesn't mean they have no purpose whatsoever. They just need to be taken for what they are.

Now, what's so difficult to understand about that?

I can't see the poll because I'm not in a voting category. :)

I scrolled through expecting the big yellow shirt boys to be out in force, but can't see their comments. Did they vote?

Obviously the Pro MrT and anti-everything else brigade are silly. The anti-MrT and pro anyone that hates MrT are silly too. The really inane lot of Anti MrT, Pro Yellow, evvverrrrrything yellow is democratic, evvvverrrrrything red is evil, brigade are complete nutters who, having read so many of their comments, are either paid to write here or are just insane.

I never saw the PAD as democratic at any stage; machine gun wielding monks, army guards, axe carrying (metaphoric!) egomaniac media tycoons who are forever in debt but heavily funded (???), army Generals blaring out nationalism, MP's threatening to 'wash their feet in the blood of the Cambodian PM', heavily nationalistic rhetoric, symbols and attire... Never mind their actions and their 'friends'...

The funny thing is, even though I'm extremely anti-PAD, this is just the kind of group I'd fully support if they truly were a pressure group who sought democratic development, an end to corruption and improvement in the lives of average Thais. But, they are not. They are a far right political group, nothing more.

This is just another in a long long list of hate/anti Thaksin polls all originate from the same place. Whats the point?

The point of this poll is obvious and has already been stated and restated many times; to ascertain what proportion of those who feel negatively towards Khun Thaksin are supportive of the yellows/ the PAD. The reason for the poll is also obvious. Those who do feel negatively towards Khun Thaksin are regularly accused of being aligned with the yellows/the PAD.

Currently the poll is showing that 11 out of 60 who feel negatively towards Khun Thaksin, support the yellows/ the PAD, whereas the remaining 49 are either neutral or against the yellows/ the PAD - a rather overwhelming majority i would say.

As everyone has agreed, polls like these are not scientific and don't provide certain proof of anything, but that doesn't mean they have no purpose whatsoever. They just need to be taken for what they are.

Now, what's so difficult to understand about that?

Its not difficult at all, unless the topic is a threat to your sacred knee jerk talking points.