What Brand Name Desktop Is Best For 40.000 ?

Smile4u

Looking for a new Desktop.

Budget is 40.000 incl 64bit OS and 6 GB memory DDR-3.

CPU: Quad core 8400 - 9550, 2.66GHz.

Monitor 22' - 24'.

Not into gaming or photo, only heavy multitasking.

Brand names / model recommendations?

I have an awesome brand new top spec unused motherboard for sale

Umm, how many application can you think of that can take full advantage of a quad processor?

Lets see,

Handbrake, Renderman, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Autocad, VMware, Nero suite, 3d studio max, winrar, x264, cinema 4d, lightwave 3d, TMPG Express, Adobe Premiere Elements, DVDShrink.

Is that enough to be going on with....there are several hundred more.

Edited by namoo

Umm, how many application can you think of that can take full advantage of a quad processor?

Lets see,

Handbrake, Renderman, Photoshop, Final Cut Pro, Autocad, VMware, Nero suite, 3d studio max, winrar, x264, cinema 4d, lightwave 3d, TMPG Express, Adobe Premiere Elements, DVDShrink.

If you are using even half of that Software list why are you looking for an "off the shelf" Brand Name unit?

Why not have one built to your own Spec.?

(Please don't hit me! :) )

Patrick

Edit - sorry, just realised this should have been addressed to the OP and not namoo - the question is still valid however!

Patrick

Edited by p_brownstone

Lets see,

Well true, but a quad processor is not going to make your email arrive any faster and your budget spreadsheets and letters will not get compiled any faster - why not buy a simple and less expensive machine, unless you actually use one or two of those systems, unless of course you need to crop and edit your photo's super fast!

Looking for a new Desktop.

Budget is 40.000 incl 64bit OS and 6 GB memory DDR-3.

CPU: Quad core 8400 - 9550, 2.66GHz.

Monitor 22' - 24'.

Not into gaming or photo, only heavy multitasking.

Brand names / model recommendations?

Emergency replacement after laptop blew up last week.

Just bought an HP p6183l, Quad Core 8400 2.66 GHz, 4GB RAM, 640GB HD

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/th/en/ho/WF...99-3945300.html

21,750 Baht from TacCom plaza in Pattaya. Add in real XP and Office 2007 and a 3 year warranty, 28,000 Baht. Comes with keyboard and mouse but you need to get the screen separately. Guess about 7000 for a decent one.

@p_brownstone : the keyword is Warranty.

Can get a extended 3 year warranty on most brand Pc for 3-4000 only. Build to own spec, means shorter warranty (many parts only 1 year).

Build one myself is tempting, but when something doesn't work, I have to do all the footwork as each part has different service center. Having a Brand name (service center) save me the time running around.

My last pc been to service more times than I want to remember. Last time change mainboard and Cpu (on Warranty).

@ chiang mai: have you ever put a economy cpu pc, besides a Quad core pc?

Load the same multiple 10-15 tabs. Amazing what that does to loading time when only surfing the net.

Back home with super 3G speed, a economy cpu and 2Gb ram would do the trick. That speed is only a dream here. Multitasking shure go much faster, with more ram and cashe (Quad core).

Edited by Smile4u