Can I Use My Breadmaker From Home In Thailand?

Goinghomesoon

I have a breadmaker from home that I lugged all the way over here but now I'm too scared to plug it in. It normally runs on 240v - 50Hz in Australia. Do I need a transformer or will it run here like normal? I'd had to blow up my most beloved breadmaker, it took me years to find one I really liked.

I have one that I brought from the UK.

Same voltage / amperage and it gives me hot bread every morning.

Go on, plug it in!

I got one from America and it exploded first time I plugged it in.

Maybe next time you will read the attached sticker. Thailand has the same outlet as the US but the voltage is different. Thai 220VAC & the US 110 VAC

Don't worry your bread maker will be safe on Thai electricity. Now getting an adapter for those three prong Aussie plugs might be a small challenge

No problem the multi adapters work and I can actually fit them into my style wall sockets.

Problem I have here is getting a good American style 3 pin plug.

Edited by newcomer01

Don't worry your bread maker will be safe on Thai electricity. Now getting an adapter for those three prong Aussie plugs might be a small challenge

Oh really?

What about changing the plug?

Cut of the old one, splice the wire, and put on a Thai one?

Or buy a travel plug suitable for the amps?

Oh really?

What about changing the plug?

Cut of the old one, splice the wire, and put on a Thai one?

Or buy a travel plug suitable for the amps?

I use 4 way extension cables that have built in multi adaptors, they work well for my plugs from the UK and Canada and are easy to find in HomePro or Tesco. The problem I have with cutting off the existing plug is actually finding a decent quality Thai style plug to fit onto the cable. So far I have only found a very poor quality half rubber job that didn't have an adequate cable grip.

So far I have only found a very poor quality half rubber job that didn't have an adequate cable grip.

These from Haco are available in some HomePro, look much nicer than the rubber things and they are side entry (there are both 2 and 3 pin versions)

post-14979-1253758661_thumb.jpg

So far I have only found a very poor quality half rubber job that didn't have an adequate cable grip.

These from Haco are available in some HomePro, look much nicer than the rubber things and they are side entry.

post-14979-1253758661_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the info, I will look out for those in my local HomePro now I know what I am looking for. I have a couple of the rubber plugs I want to change.

For some reason I can not view image - happening most of the time now. But I have had very little luck finding three pin plugs at HomePro. And zero at Tesco or Carrefour. Good Eagle brand american three pin plugs are found at small electric shops so not sure why the chains do not carry them. Also be very careful with extension strips. Most (especially at Tesco) are not grounded outlets. Make sure it has a real three pin plug on the power cord.

Not entirely surprising, considering that U.S. voltage is 120v and Thai is 240v....

I've been using my DAK breadmaker from the U.S. for the past year, and it works fine plugged into a substantial 120/240 voltage converter.

I got one from America and it exploded first time I plugged it in.