Bangkok Immigration Moves On September 28!

From the government road map it appears that Chaeng Wattana Road is NE of the building. If you go NE from the floor plan you arrive at the road on the right of the building. Is that Chaeng Wattana? (It doesn't look like it). Can you confirm? What I need to know is which entrance on the floor plan comes in from Chaeng Wattana. There appear to be three entrances (not including the car park).

The East side of the building, which faces Chaeng Watthana soi 7, is where a taxi or your driver would drop you off. The entrance closest to the immigration office is on the South side of the building but il looks like it is not possible to drive up to that entrance. Can anybody give details about this?

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...013797&z=16

--

Maestro

I went there today for 90 Day reporting. I got off the bus outside the Ministry of Foreign affairs in Chaeng Wattana and turned east towards soi 7 (which is a dual carriageway). There were some enterprising m/cycle taxi drivers offering a lift to immigration for 20 Baht on the way to soi 7 and as I was running late I took one. The m/cycle, following the flow of traffic, sped off west and round behind the Foreign Affairs building, eventually driving up a ramp and dropping me at the south entrance, which is where many people were waiting for taxis. IT IS A LONG WAY FROM CHAENG WATTANA.

Coming back I found the FREE SHUTTLE BUS outside the east entrance. The only passengers were Thais and me. It was a very smart bus. It took me back to Chaeng Wattana down soi 7, doing a U turn at CW itself before parking just beyond the red post box prior to picking up the next load of punters.

The 90 day procedure took all of 5 minutes. Then the lady told me that next time, because I lived in Nonthaburi, I must go instead to the BANGRAK PATTANA office. Does anybody know where this is? I also never thought to ask if I had to go to Bangrak Pattana for renewal of visa as well as 90 day reporting. Can anyone enlighten me?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my 90 day report last week.I went to the One Stop place at Rasa 2 Tower.I got there at 3:40.No queue,so done in a few minutes.It's convenient-just 6 or 7 minutes walk from Central Ladphrao.It's convenient-take the subway to Phahonyothin,then walk up Phahonyothin Road.Rasa Tower is just before Soi 19.

Rasa 1 and 2 have a common entrance.You go into the entrance,and walk to the back,past the Rasa 1 lifts,to get to the lifts for Rasa 2,then go up to the 16th floor.

OK, I live in Nonthaburi, I used to get everything done in Suan Plu but the move to Chaeng Wattana didn't bother me because I live nearby. Now they tell me I must go to Bangrak Pattana (Nonthaburi Immigration Office). I did a recce today. IT IS LITTLE MORE THAN A SHACK IN THE MIDDLE OF A FIELD IN THE MIDDLE OF NOWHERE. IT IS A SOD TO FIND, EVEN IF YOU HAVE YOUR OWN CAR (SATNAV A MUST!). FORGET ABOUT PUBLIC TRANSPORT, YOU NEED AT LEAST A TAXI.

So now I'm planning to do everything by post and online. My questions are: 1) Do I post my 90 day application to the Nonthaburi office or Suan Plu as per the immigration website? 2) Can I, as a Nonthaburi resident, do my 90 day at the one stop shop? 3) Has anyone got any experience of using the online system for visa extension and re-entry permits? Some of the info required re queues I do not understand.

...So now I'm planning to do everything by post and online. My questions are: 1) Do I post my 90 day application to the Nonthaburi office or Suan Plu as per the immigration website? 2) Can I, as a Nonthaburi resident, do my 90 day at the one stop shop? 3) Has anyone got any experience of using the online system for visa extension and re-entry permits? Some of the info required re queues I do not understand.

My understanding is that you now have to use the Immigration Office in your own area only. FYI the mailing address of Nonthaburi can be seen at: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...304ca6c84ceab32

Its hardly a shack, a standard small government building and a dam_n site better the the one at Ayuddhya, but is it in an obscure location and not convenient for the people it has to serve.

My understanding is that you now have to use the Immigration Office in your own area only. FYI the mailing address of Nonthaburi can be seen at: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/redirect.php...304ca6c84ceab32

Its hardly a shack, a standard small government building and a dam_n site better the the one at Ayuddhya, but is it in an obscure location and not convenient for the people it has to serve.

Thanks for the link paulyn. I had found it and tried to trace a route from Pakkred using Google with limited success. The exaggeration re shack was for effect after a very fraught Sunday afternoon to-ing and fro-ing in the back doubles of Bangrak Pattana. It is such a comedown from Chaeng Wattana.

I will need to take a taxi and ask it to wait outside whenever I visit. For this reason I want to do all my 90 day reporting by post from now on and expedite my annual visa extension through advance online application (which now I've registered doesn't look too bad if it works.)

I accept I am a bit ahead of myself and it is early days yet, but your own postings quoted show there is still some confusion and I only hope those who wrongly go to Chaeng Wattana are accepted first time around before being redirected.

Anyone from Nonthaburi who wants to know how I got there is welcome to PM me.

The rules changes earlier this year, and now have to report to immigration office covering the area where you live. Reporting by post (where accepted) goes to local immigration office too. Believe One Stop Shop is for use by Bangkok residents only.

Edited by thaiphoon

• 1 month later...

I'm going to try my first 90 day notification at the BOI office on Pahon Yothin. I've got a non-imm ED, so let's see if they let me do it there.

Why isn't this post stickied (or something else that gives definitive info on how to find the new place?)? My last notification was during the last couple of weeks at Suan Phlu, so I remember this post was important then. Isn't it important anymore? What about those of us who haven't been to the new place yet? Finding this post again took a few tries with the search engine, I was getting worried that I wouldn't find it!

Thanks Lopburi. I looked there first, but didn't notice it in all those links. I was too anxious at the time because I hadn't read about the possibility of going to the BOI office, and was afraid that I'd have to find the new Chaeng Wattana office.

There was no problem at the BOI office, and although the office was busy, and full of people, there was no wait or line for 90-day reporting. In and out as another poster said, great!

• 2 weeks later...

I just renewed my retirement visa at the new immigration office no problems. First i took subway to Chatuchak stop and from there you take the #52 bus no a\c to Chaeng Wattana told ticket taker my destination new govt. building. When you get there they have motorcyle to immigration 20 baht and they take you right to the door. There is a free shuttle bus you have to now where to look. My advice take the motorbike. When you leave walk out the front and they have taxis or the free shuttle you must walk a little ways to the east side odf the huge building and you will see where they are. I had to wait 10 minutes for the brand new shuttle something like they use at the airport very nice. They have a couple of stops before you get to the main road and then you will see the stairs to crossover to get the #52 bus to go back home.When you go inside you will see the signs for immigration show your passport to get the form for 90 day report fill it out and then go into the next room there is no queue for 90 day report you get in line give passport and they give number to get passpoet back it took about 15 minutes and that was it done for another 90 days. I hope this helps someone to get there to easy.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Now that the BOI office, (formerly on Pahon Yothin, now in Chamchuree square), won't allow 90-day reporting for anyone except those who work for one of the big companies on their list, this thread becomes useful for me again!

Maestro did a great job of posting immigration office locations on Google, but the information about how to get to Chaeng Wattana, (what bts/mrt station to go to, what bus or minivan to take, etc), and where to go, (info on the shuttle bus, where to go in the immigration building, etc), that is in this thread is invaluable as well.

For those who live in Pinklao, there is supposedly a minivan that will go to Chaeng Wattana from the old gas station across the street from Tesco/Lotus Pinklao. I'm about to go test this theory, and I will report back later today with my success or failure! So much fun! :)

Okay, for those in Pinklao, if you have the time, this may be an easier way to get to Chaeng Wattana. I've linked a few waypoints to Google maps, just follow the underlined links to see them.

First: There are mini-vans that leave across from Central Pinklao here. I don't think they go all the way to the immigration office complex, but that may have been a misunderstanding on my part. Next time I might make it easier by just saying "Big C - Chaeng Wattana", and see if that gets me closer.

The mini-van takes Ratchapruek Rd. up to Chaiyapruek Rd. (North-West of Pak Kret Island), crosses the Rama IV Bridge, and the road changes to Chaeng Wattana. The van makes its final stop across the road from Central Chaeng Wattana, here.

Second: You can catch a taxi from here to the office complex, or you can catch a bus from the bus stop near, (slightly west, just past the pedestrian bridge), the mini-van depot. From what I can tell at the bus stops, the previously mentioned #52 stops here, as well as the #150, and the #356. I caught the #356 as it came first, and I took it to the Big C, here. It was quite a walk from there, so I would suggest taking it to the gas station, here. I think its an Esso, but I can't remember.

Third: Take the free shuttle bus from here, just past the motorcycle taxi station, (they will try to get you to take a motorcycle before you get to the bus stop, so just ignore them).

After the bus drives to the end of the road, it will U-turn, and stop right in front of the gigantic immigration building here. From here you can go in and proceed to whatever area you need. I think the general visa and immigration office is on the second floor. I needed the 90-day reporting center. To get there, enter the building, go through to the large hall, proceed left, (south), towards the exit that is there, and you will see the entrance for the 90-day reporting offices.

They have a queue system set up, where you have to have your report form filled in to get a queue ticket. If you're facing the desk where they give you the ticket, the tiny reporting office is to your right, you'll see a sign pointing to it, just follow the arrow. I was impressed that they didn't allow any queue jumpers, a couple of luk krueng guys tried, but they were sharply told off. It took about 20 minutes, (the office was full with people waiting, busy day), and then I was finished.

Fourth: The shuttle bus will pick you up in the same place that it dropped you off, and after a circuitous route around the complex, it drops you off at the entrance where you first got on to it. From here it is up to you what you want to do. The motorcycle taxi guys wanted 80 Baht to take me back to Central, (I'm quite sure it was a rip-off price as a security guard that was standing there laughingly yelled out "special price!"), so I just took the #365. From Central, I went back to the mini-van depot, and caught a van back to Pinklao.

That was my "cheap-and-somewhat-cheerful" adventure out to the immigration office. Next time, I think I'll get out to the BTS by my usual method, (its faster, if somewhat more expensive), and take a mini-van from Mo Chit. This was an interesting experiment, but it took about 5 hours, all told.

While I was on the shuttle bus, I saw a poster for the ChaoPraya Express boat, outlining a new route that links their express boat service with the Chaeng Wattana, and then the BTS. Does anyone have more info on this? I didn't look too closely, but there seem to be khlong boats that go from Mo Chit (or some other BTS station), to the immigration office, and out to the river. If anyone has info on this, it would be greatly appreciated!

Edited by Meridian007

• 3 weeks later...

I'm new to the New Immigration Office.

I stay in Rama 9/Ratchaphisek.

(1) I read in one of the posts that there is a mini-van service from Rama 9 to Pakkret. What is Pakkret ? If I manage to get on to one of these mini-vans to Pakkret, do I still have to make a few more runs via motorcycles or shuttle buses in order to get to the Immigration building itself ?

(2) Where is the 'depot' at Rama 9 for the mini-vans ?

(3) I'm on a TR, so does the One Stop Center mentioned in one of the posts cater to 'extension of TR' as well ?