Self Defence Tools - What Are Legal In Pattaya/thailand

SoiGirlHunter

I think they are all illegal to carry, but if you used one in a genuine self defense scenario there would be no comeback.

If you have not been here in Thailand for to long ....well if you are the Falang then you will be in the wrong. the self defence issue will be turned around back fire on you. Take care

Which are legal to carry concealed?

1) Stun Gun

2) Spray (Pepper etc)

3) Knife (Are some types illegal?)

4) Collapseable Baton

I see them all sold on the street shopping tables, but are they legal to carry ?

Thanks

SGH

IMHO thy are all illegal and as a good advise never try use them (i.e. against a bunch of motocy taxi drivers)

Even Bruce Lee wont survive that...

Pepper spray is legal in Thailand. My Thai wife was recently a victim of a violent robbery and the police at Banglamung Police Station sold her pepper spray for around 150 baht I think it was.

Personally I would not want any of the other 3 options you mention - causing too much damage to a Thai may cause you more problems with the Thai authorities than just being mugged :)

Personnally I would not use ANY of these self defense tools :D

but for a lady the Pepper spray could be the only option.

As a farang even Pepper spray is a bad idea (I think) :

I only once in my life saw a guy use a pepper spray. It was not in Thailand but in Rio de Janeiro about 10 years ago. A tourist used that spray against a young Brazilian who tried to "ask" him a little bit money. Result was that many "friends" of the young guy soon arrived and beat the tourist. They managed to take the spray and send all its content in the tourist face. After a few minutes these guys went, but the tourist was in a very very very bad state :D . An ambulance arrived not far after that. Don't know how long it take him to recover...

I do think that it's exactlly what would happen in Thailand if you (as a farang) try to use a pepper spray against a Thai guy.

Think twice about it :)