Children's Car Seat

GB73

Not sure but dont think it would be enforced if child seats were required, ive only seen 1 in a car while living here. If youre concerned about your childrens safety in the car, by all means have them.

Traffic enforcement is somewhat relaxed here. Have you ever seen how they transport constuction workers on the back of a pick up? :)

There is a place somewhere at the back of Carrfour, IS Lighting and Design (or somewthing like that) they have strollers and car seats.

It doesn't really matter what the law is in Thailand if you place any value on your childrens lives you will get a car seat and seat restraint for the older one.

Whether they have a law or not doesn't mean a tuppeny shyt does it. Do you want to comply with a law or do you want to protect your childrens lives and safety.

Bottom line Thailand does not have a law on childrens car seats. You gotta remember it's a 4th world country (at best)

Safety cannot be found in their dictionaries. You shouldn't even be asking what the law is, you should just be asking "where can I buy a car seat and child restraint" The answer is simple if you are a responsible parent. :)

If the law does not require you to have a car seat and your kid is killed as a result is that gonna ease your conscience. The answer is obvious "at least to me anyway"

Edited by john b good

I was thinking that the law here is probably that the child at least has to be in your lap if it has it's hands on the wheel but I have to agree with b good. You shouldn't even care what the law says. No one does anyways. You should think about your children in a country where they drive the way they do here. Safety first.

Hi,

What is the law of children's car seat in thailand?

I have two children of 1.5 and 3.5 years old.

are you for real, what the hel_l does it matter, your childrens safety is of paramount importance, not what laws exist, jesus christ man. :)

i saw a car seat, with child in it, in a car driven by thai mom at my daughters international school yesterday. It was a very expensive, modern looking, forward facing car seat and the woman had a very small infant in it - in the FRONT seat.

california law states infants only in rear facing seat, and in the back seat of the vehicle.

so, while i applauded this woman's efforts, she should be better informed...

but then... this is thailand and the seat was probably more for "face" than for safety.... sadly

i saw a car seat, with child in it, in a car driven by thai mom at my daughters international school yesterday. It was a very expensive, modern looking, forward facing car seat and the woman had a very small infant in it - in the FRONT seat.

california law states infants only in rear facing seat, and in the back seat of the vehicle.

but then... this is thailand and the seat was probably more for "face" than for safety.... sadly

i understood yr post until the last sentence.

why would anyone buy a child seat for "face"? So everyone knows that they have more than a few baht coz of an expensive kiddie seat? Or that they seem to care about child safety?

:)

i understood yr post until the last sentence.

why would anyone buy a child seat for "face"? So everyone knows that they have more than a few baht coz of an expensive kiddie seat? Or that they seem to care about child safety?

:)

The former, of course. Certainly not the latter.