Dynasat... Any Good?.. Where To Get?

kalbo123

Could anyone give me there personal experience with a Dynasat satellite receiver/disc?

Is it any good? And what shop could you recommend me to get it done...?

Prices.. and do you need a contract?

I know there are already topics about this.. but in televisionland everythings seems to change very fast...

Thanks..

Edited by kalbo123

Could anyone give me there personal experience with a Dynasat satellite receiver/disc?

I know there are already topics about this.. but in televisionland everythings seems to change very fast...

Thanks..

Hi,

My partner got dynasat, in Chiang Mai. its cheap, its not bad for the price.

But on the down side. I already had Internet installed with TOT.

Dynasat uses my Internet from my router. I don't know why.

The system often freezes. especially when your watching something good or its raining.

I wanted to get rid of it, but for 300 baht a month cant really complain.

Lots of channels, but they took BBC entertainment off and that was the only channel I enjoyed watching apart from the sport channels.

I haven't been home for a few months so cant give you any more info until I get back next month.

Thanks..

Hi,

The system often freezes. especially when your watching something good or its raining.

Lots of channels, but they took BBC entertainment off and that was the only channel I enjoyed watching apart from the sport channels.

I haven't been home for a few months so cant give you any more info until I get back next month.

Are you sure this receiver Is a Dynasat box? what model is it?

Thanks..

Hi,

Sounds like one that uses a rogue True card, the box has an ethernet interface to the ADSL router and gets a new encryption key as it needs it, this is of course illegal, and discussion on ThaiVisa is not allowed.

Thanks..

Hi,

Sounds like one that uses a rogue True card, the box has an ethernet interface to the ADSL router and gets a new encryption key as it needs it, this is of course illegal, and discussion on ThaiVisa is not allowed.

Thanks..

Hi,

I'm not too sure that it is illegal, you are paying a fee for the service, the provider is paying a fee to get it too you. Of more importance on what channel can I watch formula 1 racing, I have multichoice, true etc. Will be grateful if someone can direct me on this.

Payment of 300 Bht. monthly and your receiver ( possibly a Dreambox ) is connected to the internet, I am quite sure it's cardsharing. It may be cheap but illegal.

I had UBC/True Visions gold package, costing about 1,500 Bht. a month, for more than 10 years. Gave it up last year and had a shop installed a movable dish system for me to watch Free To Air channels from more than ten satellites. There are some English programmes. Quite sufficient for me because I also speak and understand a few Asian languages including Thai.

I'm not too sure that it is illegal, you are paying a fee for the service, the provider is paying a fee to get it too you.

See the two posts above this one, you are paying a scammer to rip off a service provider...... the scammer pays next to nothing, but has a hundred, two hundred, a thousand customers, each paying 300B a month, guess who will pay a fine when you are found out.

Bottom line .... if it doesn't have True stamped on the decoder and/or it doesn't have True written on the access card, and even if it does, you don't get a bill from True...... it's a scam and illegal.

Edited by Thaddeus

I'm not too sure that it is illegal, you are paying a fee for the service, the provider is paying a fee to get it too you.

See the two posts above this one, you are paying a scammer to rip off a service provider...... the scammer pays next to nothing, but has a hundred, two hundred, a thousand customers, each paying 300B a month, guess who will pay a fine when you are found out.

Bottom line .... if it doesn't have True stamped on the decoder and/or it doesn't have True written on the access card, and even if it does, you don't get a bill from True...... it's a scam and illegal.

My opinion on bottom line is if it has TRUE stamped on the bottom,, its a LIE

no smiley

I paid 6500 for the complete basic Dynasat System. The shop is located across from the JRD Motorbike dealer over on Hang Dong. Where the road splits to go to CHiangmai Gate. For that price they will point on one satellite. I chose to watch Bloomberg, as I am a stock trader. You also get DW, Fashion, and Aljazeera, and a Singapore news. All free, no monthly fee, and 100% legal. It's called FreeToAir TV. If you already have broadband, you can watch Bloomberg on www.wherevertv.com

I got it because WETV was not available in my part of Hang Dong. Sandra Li, Betty Su, and Sandra <deleted>--a nice way to spend a few hours following world financial markets.

Edited by Thighlander

Dynasat is a pirated system from PI its illegal. You get what you pay for. Fools and their money are allways parted :)

My Mrs had it installed about 5 years ago for 1800B. Never paid a monthly fee.

It drops out a couple of times a year and she rings them up and they come out and stick a new card in it for 300-500B.

It certainly doesn't like rain and has other bad habits and if I was a 24/7 TV watcher it would drive me nuts but it fills my needs adequately.

Probably the best 1800B I've spent since Patpong Noi in 2002.

So, it sounds like the choice is to be scammed by some pirate operator or be scammed by True/UBC if you want sattelite TV. I'll stick to torrents, thanks.