Air Asia

Sparkles

I dont have a credit card and 2 years ago when I went through the process of booking an internal flight, on line, with my Australian bank DEBIT card my payment was rejected. I re booked, using my wifes CREDIT card, with her approval naturally !

Recently we went to Bali with Air Asia and once again I tried with the same DEBIT card. To my surprise it was processed as was the hotel booking through another web site.

Trying to get a response by phone or email to Air Asia to get ar uling is nigh on impossible as is talking to any of their booths or offices.

Any other tAir Asia ravellers have any experience with this ? I am retired and prefer not to use my wifes credit card except for emergencies

I dont have a credit card and 2 years ago when I went through the process of booking an internal flight, on line, with my Australian bank DEBIT card my payment was rejected. I re booked, using my wifes CREDIT card, with her approval naturally !

Recently we went to Bali with Air Asia and once again I tried with the same DEBIT card. To my surprise it was processed as was the hotel booking through another web site.

Trying to get a response by phone or email to Air Asia to get ar uling is nigh on impossible as is talking to any of their booths or offices.

Any other tAir Asia ravellers have any experience with this ? I am retired and prefer not to use my wifes credit card except for emergencies

Airasia now accepts debit cards from SCB but I do not think any others. You have to use a credit card

Airasia now accepts debit cards from SCB but I do not think any others. You have to use a credit card

I have used CitiBank Debit card for my bookings and have had no problems!

I have found when the main air asia website will not approve a debit card the airasia mobile website always will. They use a different bank processing system. try mobile.airasia.com . I have also found calling the ticketing desk in Thailand and Singapore or the UK which are 24hrs a day can book the ticket over the phone and only cost about 50 baht more.

Just my point I did use a DEBIT card and it was processed ,much to my surprise.It does carry VISA dont know if that that makes difference.

I have found when the main air asia website will not approve a debit card the airasia mobile website always will. They use a different bank processing system. try mobile.airasia.com . I have also found calling the ticketing desk in Thailand and Singapore or the UK which are 24hrs a day can book the ticket over the phone and only cost about 50 baht more.

Thats a good option ,thank you !