Rain

gotlost

It is over, this is just the remnants of typhoon Nari that hit the Philipinnes last week, not normal rainy season rain.

I agree. This is not at all normal for tlhis time of year.

Naahh, it's pretty common for the rainy season to last well into October. Often it dries up somewhere in the second half; it's only the 18th.

Check the monthly rainfall stats.

Probability of rain sometime during the day.

probability_of_precipitation_at_some_poi

The fraction of days in which various types of precipitation are observed. If more than one type of precipitation is reported in a given day, the more severe precipitation is counted. For example, if light rain is observed in the same day as a thunderstorm, that day counts towards the thunderstorm totals. The order of severity is from the top down in this graph, with the most severe at the bottom.

Last 12 months averages.

precipitation_reports_hours_h.png

2012 October total - 88.13

2013 October total - 61.00 mm (to date)

//Note: I will probably regret putting these stats up. biggrin.png

http://www.wunderground.com/history/station/48327/2013/10/18/MonthlyHistory.html?req_city=NA&req_state=NA&req_statename=NA

https://weatherspark.com/history/33957/2013/Chiang-Mai-Thailand

http://weatherspark.com/averages/33957/Chiang-Mai-Thailand

• Like 1

Just looking via Windows 8 Weather app .. Looks like it could be raining cats and dogs till the end of the month .. 70% rain each day so far ..

Better to read TMD forecast with some more rain for today and then none but temps down to 18 degrees for the near future.

I guess there will be other forecasts that fit individual requirements.

Just looking via Windows 8 Weather app .. Looks like it could be raining cats and dogs till the end of the month .. 70% rain each day so far ..

Better to read TMD forecast with some more rain for today and then none but temps down to 18 degrees for the near future.

I guess there will be other forecasts that fit individual requirements.

Depressing where ever you look ?

post-156614-0-98541400-1382202913_thumb.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavy rain all the way from CM to Mae Taeng tonight. Could this be the last October rain before winter season sets in........

Doesn't appear to be - still raining up here in Pai. Tomorrow I will let you know for sure if it's the last October rain before winter. tongue.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I think the rain is coming. November 12 - 18th, there is about a 50% chance of rain. Last year it was pretty dry at this point. Anyhow, my heart goes out to anyhow in the Philippines who had to deal with 220+ mph winds. Not many buildings can withstand that kind of power. stay safe out there.

Warning

"Typhoon HAIYAN"

No. 2 Time Issued : November 09, 2013 At 04.00 a.m. (09 November 2013), Typhoon “HAIYAN” in the middle South China Sea was centered west of the Philippines or at 12.4 degree North and 118.2 degree East with maximum sustained winds about 165 km/hr. It is moving west at speed of 22 km/hr. It is forecast to move near the coast of Central Vietnam during 10-11 November. It will then weaken rapidly due to the impact of the cool and dry air mass from China to bring rainfalls over eastern part of the Northeast of Thailand.

The advisory will be effect on 9 November 2013 at 05.00 p.m.

(Signed) Worapat Tiewthanom

(Mr Worapat Tiewthanom)

Director-General, Thai Meteorological Department

• 2 weeks later...

Don't see how the big parade is/was even possible. I was out and heading into town. Had to double-back and get to my car very far away. I was like a drowned rat and had to step through sewage and flood water more than half way up my calves. It was chaotic out there (and very dangerous driving). Happy to be home. smile.png

The beautiful parade tonight was a disaster. This was a very heavy rain in the town. Everyone was totally drenched very early on. The beautiful girls, the lovely floats, the elaborate costumes. For so long they kept dancing and smiling! So sad!

Edited by Mapguy

The beautiful parade tonight was a disaster. This was a very heavy rain in the town. Everyone was totally drenched very early on. The beautiful girls, the lovely floats, the elaborate costumes. For so long they kept dancing and smiling! So sad!

One of the joys of Thai people is their ability and willingness to try to make the best of a bad situation - unlike many farang who moan endlessly without just cause.

• Like 2