Rain

gotlost

Just started raining in Hang Dong - light flickering too - quite heavy. Can smell the watered down dust - gravel smell. Still 92F in my room though with windows and French doors open!

Lightening and thunder now - temp just dropped 2 degrees (F) in seconds - feels cool and fresh now :)

Edited by wolf5370

Just had a string of ambulances and cop cars going past on red n blues, sirens blasting...second lot going past now... think storm has claimed its first victims!

//Edit: Just as I hit submit, a car spun off the road 180 degrees and down a bank into a dyke 50 yards from my front door! No one slowing down. Cops and ambulance on scene already (they were passing )

Edited by wolf5370

Left CMU at 2:55 and it was just starting to sprinkle. By the time I was on canal road heading south to Mae Hia, rain all the way home and began very heavy about half way there. The canal road looked a bit iffy like it was foaming so took it easy as everyone else was. wink.png

Has stopped now and the sun peaking through.

Had a great storm and downpour out at Mae Rim just after 1pm today. lasted about 20 minutes and had to close all the shutters in the house. Its now 615pm and the air is clear and temp somewhat cooler. Love it. Probably wont see the rain again for a while but enjoyed what we got.

Went down to the Plaza a few minutes ago and the roads were fine, was expecting things to be a bit greasy so took it easy on the motorbike.smile.png

Yesterday for the third afternoon/evening some rainshowers around Thaton, Mai Ai. This morning there is a fog and temperature down to 17 degrees, yesterday it was 18 in the morning. During the day also real pleasant temperatures, under 30 degrees.

First time in then years I had things blown around INSIDE my house in Chang Kian (FLYSCREEN windows) including a big heavy lamp knocked over never before, and a veneer of old plywood blown off the bathroom wall.

Wet ground.

Friend saw sizeable hailstones elsewhere.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Most unusual weather for mid December..... Thunder storm last night, good for sleeping though, and now raining at a fairly good clip. Maybe with the way the world weather seems to have changed, it will rain right through to the rainy season. After all its only 4 - 5 months away

Indeed quite bizarre for this time of year. Couple of brief power outages yesterday and this morning in Mae Hia.

Must be getting time for the annual flood topics to begin. Anyone would think the forum is full of farmerswhistling.gif

smile.png

Most unusual weather for mid December..... Thunder storm last night, good for sleeping though, and now raining at a fairly good clip. Maybe with the way the world weather seems to have changed, it will rain right through to the rainy season. After all its only 4 - 5 months away

Indeed quite bizarre for this time of year. Couple of brief power outages yesterday and this morning in Mae Hia.

Must be getting time for the annual flood topics to begin. Anyone would think the forum is full of farmerswhistling.gif

smile.png

No, this time of year it's people desperate for relief from the bad air.

smile.png

No, this time of year it's people desperate for relief from the bad air.

That will end soon.....then everyone can moan about getting wet....smile.png I must say I cannot blame them being desperate with the bad air. Until yesterday with the rain I was stuck in my air filtered room in ChiangraI and could not go anywhere.smile.png

That will end soon.....then everyone can moan about getting wet....smile.png I must say I cannot blame them being desperate with the bad air. Until yesterday with the rain I was stuck in my air filtered room in ChiangraI and could not go anywhere.smile.png

Now I know who you are.

Bet you have a Hatari HEPA filter :-)

Now I know who you are.

Bet you have a Hatari HEPA filter :-)

I have 2.

Without them I would be in big trouble.