Rain

gotlost

Air con?

What's with you people?

Get a life... stop being such pussies!

Be creative at least!

*rent a woman to hand-fan you on demand - far cheaper and much more sociable

Hmmmm and if things turned amorous between you and this hand-fan woman then the temperature (Amongst other things) is sure to rise.

Back to square one.....

• 1 month later...

Boy, we had a very very nice rain at The Pun Pun this morn.  Good downpour for almost an hour.....and by the way I had a hard time tracking down this , "of the most famous threads  list " topic.   Com'on gang, this thread is almost a historical document.  Don't let it slide into oblivion.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jonwilly said:

Yeah cracking rainstorm this morning.

Sirjika ?whats it's name, runs parallel to Nimman was flooded when I went down this morning.

But then CM need some serious rain, fill up the dams after 2 years of drought.

john

Sirimangkalojarn, or something like that.  It doesn't take much to make that road flood, especially near the Huay Kaew intersection.  Something to consider for potential buyers of the new Palm Springs (?) condo near the intersection with Huay Kaew. 

Yesterday's rush-hour downpour hit me en-route to drop off Mrs Ricardo at the airport, there was a small river down the far lane opposite the old Immigration office, and a few crashes on the 2nd ring-road, I was pleased to see that none of the underpasses I encountered were flooding.

Then we had a nice storm, with loud thunder, in the small hours, Simply Lovely ! :)

I just returned from Mae Rim Makro, the road going North past the Post Office and Police Station was flooded.  New storm drains dont appear to be working that well...or perhaps the blocked up with all that late night fast food fat and waste?

So for all those that say roads in Mae Rim are terrible....well today they were. Tropical downpour combined with end of school day make for a great time. (Wet weather coat and trousers worked a treat while on the motorbike tho...just had to watch out for a@holes driving to fast causing bow waves)

Lovely now...clearing sky and cool

• Like 1

17 hours ago, CMKiwi said:

I just returned from Mae Rim Makro, the road going North past the Post Office and Police Station was flooded.  New storm drains dont appear to be working that well...or perhaps the blocked up with all that late night fast food fat and waste?

So for all those that say roads in Mae Rim are terrible....well today they were. Tropical downpour combined with end of school day make for a great time. (Wet weather coat and trousers worked a treat while on the motorbike tho...just had to watch out for a@holes driving to fast causing bow waves)

Lovely now...clearing sky and cool

Mae Rim, Venice of the North ! :lol:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Tradionally the so called "wet season" peters at the end of this month.A lot more rain is need to get the dams to an acceptable level to last through the "dry"

With an ever increasing population I doubt that fact  has crossed the minds that matter that future water usage is growing rapidly.

This is probaly the most consistent rain we have had ,long may it continue

• Like 1

Bamboozled, I'm sure many of us would like to know the answer to that question, myself included, being on the river.

In the past we were able to look at the river flood chart.  But that got Thai-a-sized.  While in the past it wasn't perfect it was at least updated once or twice a day.  Now after Thai-a-sizing , it looks new and snazzy,  but while showing hourly figures, and having a considerable amount of rain, I note the flood chart has not been updated since 6PM on the 5th of Sept. Maybe they will let us know something after the flood.

OH.... Thai-a-Sized ='s making it look like doing something spectacular to get  great recognition, plaudits and admiration, while doing really nothing.

Maybe example 2 can further enhance the image when they close the new dam downriver to hold then water back and keep the city from flooding after the water has passed the city. 

Edited by Gonzo the Face
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Tradionally the so called "wet season" peters at the end of this month.A lot more rain is need to get the dams to an acceptable level to last through the "dry"

With an ever increasing population I doubt that fact  has crossed the minds that matter that future water usage is growing rapidly.

There's already sufficient to last through next dry season.  Dam levels are well above last year already, Northern dams total volume in MCM's (million cubic metres) last year on left and current total on right ....

8,852 11,853

3 hours ago, Sparkles said:

1. Much of the country has higher levels than this time last year, so this year is an improvement [http://www.thaiwater.net/web/index.php/en.html]

2. Dams don't store water, reserviors do.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kaptainrob said:

There's already sufficient to last through next dry season.  Dam levels are well above last year already, Northern dams total volume in MCM's (million cubic metres) last year on left and current total on right ....

8,852 11,853

Brave prediction Rob, end of next dry season is  a loooong way away.I thought you posted ony 20% full need photos:)

1 hour ago, JaseTheBass said:

1. Much of the country has higher levels than this time last year, so this year is an improvement [http://www.thaiwater.net/web/index.php/en.html]

2. Dams don't store water, reserviors do.

The main water supply for the city of Sydney is retained in a reservoir called WARRAGAMBA DAM. You can google it.Obviously if the dam was not there you wouldn't have water storage aka reservoir.Splitting hairs Jase.  

1 hour ago, Sparkles said:

Brave prediction Rob, end of next dry season is  a loooong way away.I thought you posted ony 20% full need photos:)

Not brave, we already have almost 50% more storage. 

I posted '... Major dams averaging over 20% now, a 5% increase of usable storage in 30 days ' ... that's across 7 Northern dams.  The actual capacity average (what you'd see in photos which I don't have, sorry Mike), is 48%. :)

The main water supply for the city of Sydney is retained in a reservoir called WARRAGAMBA DAM. You can google it.Obviously if the dam was not there you wouldn't have water storage aka reservoir.Splitting hairs Jase.  

I am fully aware of Australians' tenuous grasp of the English language.

Sent from my R2D2 using my C3P0 manservant

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, JaseTheBass said:

I am fully aware of Australians' tenuous grasp of the English language.

stone the bloody crows, , rough as guts  is, nt it???  have a tecnicolour yawn !!! you old  drongo:D

its  a  George  Harrison  good evening to all:)

Current major storage dams:-

North (7) = 25% usable out of 52% total (averaged)

Northeast (12) = 28% out of 48% total (averaged)

Central (3) = 41% out of 46% (averaged)

Current 51 medium storage dam levels in Northern provinces (averaged) = 46.65% usable out of 59.2% capacity - many, especially in Nan are already 100% full or over capacity.

The detail is here:

http://www.thaiwater.net/DATA/REPORT/php/rid_dam_1.php?lang=en

The amount useable versus the capacity of the reservoir is distorted by the two larger dams where at Bhumibol for example, despite there being 39% of capacity only 11% is usable, that strikes me as being a wide area reservoir that is quite shallow. Mae Ngud (Mae Ngat) on the other hand is 44% of capacity with 40% useable, a  much deeper dam where there is less waste. I would therefore ignore the useable numbers unless they are normalised by removing the two larger dams.

Edited by chiang mai

• 1 month later...

Heavy rain and thunder the last few nights south of the city. Accuweather has this spell continuing until tomorrow, and then more rain around the 10th November.

The winds seem to have switched from South Westerly to North Easterly, end of the rainy season is coming, but the tail is wagging.