Rain

gotlost

32 minutes ago, stament said:

Been here for 5 days now and no sign of rain, where has it all gone pray tell? ?

On another note, I was very pleased to see the Intellectual whore thread finally put to a halt at 33 pages. I was worried it would catch-up and overtake this as the largest thread, given the pace of postings on there. Nice to see normality restored ?

A Donald Trump morning to ya all ?

If history repeats then we've seen the last of the rain in the North until around songkran, look for it to get steamy hot between now and mid Feb.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stament said:

Been here for 5 days now and no sign of rain, where has it all gone pray tell? ?

On another note, I was very pleased to see the Intellectual whore thread finally put to a halt at 33 pages. I was worried it would catch-up and overtake this as the largest thread, given the pace of postings on there. Nice to see normality restored ?

A Donald Trump morning to ya all ?

YES!

Yeah try finding one and as for Intellectual whatever, time we had a serious thread on Fish & Chips.

2016 had long but light rain once it started and we seem to have had a short cool season, using my fan of an  afternoon and evening.

john

January we could usually expect cooler weather and no rain.While Yahoo weather is saying its 28 degrees  in CM around 3pm today  its 31 degrees  at our modest abode in Hang Dong.

For all those folks who fear CM's cold weather season I hope you are surviving.Summer may be interesting.

16 hours ago, Bill97 said:

You expect rain in January? Yes, guess you might.

Not expect no, I am not a forecaster and never look at forecasts. However, there were a few postings saying we had rain incl. one saying we had 8 times already on Jan 12th. I merely commented I have seen no rain since I arrived here on Jan 16th. ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ExpatOilWorker said:

When did it rain in Bangkok last time? October/November last year?

It has been dry for so long I can't even remember.

It was raining all over Thailand including Bangkok in early January. This is the Chiang Mai forum though and a topic about rain in CM. there won't be much Bangkok info on here.

On ‎05‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 1:59 AM, balo said:

Maybe we can start another thread about smoke and pollution in CM soon .

Why not start another identical thread!  It seems to be all the rage on the CM Forum at the moment.  It may be a TV management ploy to create multiple posts etc. and therefore generate 'hit' income.  But that would be cynical of me to suggest such a thing:post-4641-1156693976:

Edited by scottiejohn

• 4 weeks later...

Some drops of rain just north of Chang Phueak Gate this evening about 18:40. Decent wind blowing up from the south which has improved the air quality. Lightning to the north but I am not sure there will be any noticeable rainfall.

• Like 1

Forecast for Sunday 2nd April, Note there is a zero chance of snow.  1503742.GIF

DAY

89°HIRealFeel® 91°Precipitation 41%

Intervals of clouds and sunshine with a stray thunderstorm
  • NW 6 mph
  • Gusts: 13 mph

• Max UV Index: 7 (High)
  • Thunderstorms: 60%
  • Precipitation: 0.11 in
  • Rain: 0.11 in
  • Snow: 0 in
  • Ice: 0 in
  • Hours of Precipitation: 1.5 hrs