Rain

gotlost

4 hours ago, naboo said:

Heavy rain and thunder the last few nights south of the city. Accuweather has this spell continuing until tomorrow, and then more rain around the 10th November.

The winds seem to have switched from South Westerly to North Easterly, end of the rainy season is coming, but the tail is wagging.

the BBC said it was the north easterly monsoon

4 hours ago, Asiantravel said:

the BBC said it was the north easterly monsoon

And the BBC has made it crystal clear over the past few years that it has absolutely no idea as to what is going on in Thailand.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, balo said:

I think the rain has stopped for good this year , yesterday I was out cycling and it looked like it was going to rain but it never happened , that's a good sign .

Funny you mentioned this...the forecast for the next three days has it clocking up nearly 20mm a day startinng tonight.  A few Thai media publications have alerts out.

The river is certainly low....I notice that bamboo  floats are being prepared near US consulate just to allow people to get to the water level.  Crazy stuff as I imagine with the weight and waterlogging they will not last the first night of Loy Kratong.  One good thing, the water management/flood gate control seems better this year.

All of course subject to change without notice :)

Edited by mamborobert

4 minutes ago, mamborobert said:

Funny yuu mentioned this...the forecast for the next three days has it clocking up nearly 20mm a day startinng tonight.  A few Thai media publications have alerts out.

The river is certainly low....I notice that bamboo  floats are being prepared near US consulate just to allow people to get to the water level.  Crazy stuff as I imagine with teh weight and waterlogging they will not last the first night of Loy Kratong.  One good thing, the water management/flood gate control seems better this year.

All of course subject to change without notice :)

I remember most, if not all, years there are bamboo floats and the water level to always be just below the bottom of the lowest concrete step by Loy Kratong.

PS

Thanks Jon Willy for the photo of the reservoir - more reassuring than last year.

Edited by Loaded

At the moment it just seems that there is a very substantial gap between the lowest concrete step and the bamboo floats..... so a bit of rain may help.

Saw the Fire Brigade lopping trees at Warrorot yesterday....and a squad of ladies in garbage bags with a hose truck washing away the distinctive smell from the defacto Songtaew driver urinal that the steps near the market have become.  It gets a bit odourous when it is hot/humid.  So preparations are in full swing....although the event itself maybe somewhat subdued as far as ancillary activities.

Edited by mamborobert
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, jobin said:

All this Loy Krathong thing on Monday night?   That's the night of the giant moon rising, so get your seat along the river marked out.

We'll be up on the roof(I can almost feel a song coming on) in the designated BBQ area..., hope it's not cloudy :wai:

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, sharktooth said:

especially considering the competition on here....

I apologise for my wasted post.

You are quite correct!  The completion is extremely week (sic) on here on a daily basis.

I sit corrected with an unopened umbrella across my head in penance!:sorry:

It is important to note all rainfall in this thread for future reference. Thank you taotoo.

It is also important to note the type of rain. Today's rain is classified as "grim".

Forecast says further rain expected in coming days.

• Like 1

I just rode back to Mae Rim from Airport Plaza. Had the wet weather gear on and still a bit damp in places.

Very cold wet and miserable in town. Thankfully it's dry out here in Mae Rim although a bit cool.

Not complaining mind..... maybe in a few weeks/months when we are in the midst of a hot spell.

Love this time of year.

3 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I know it is early in the year but if there is a prize for the 'most pointless post of the year' can it go to either the above post or my response?

Given that rain on New Year's day is notable, I'll graciously stand-aside and congratulate you accordingly :smile: The last time I remember rain this early was Boxing Day 6 or 7 years ago.

16 hours ago, taotoo said:

It rained today.

15 hours ago, scottiejohn said:

I know it is early in the year but if there is a prize for the 'most pointless post of the year' can it go to either the above post or my response?

S/J  where,s your sense of humour,

out in Beverly Hills. Maerim light rain fell  during the nite and its still sprinkling as i post

its a Bon Jovi good morning to all

• Like 1

19 hours ago, puukao said:

Rain on the 1st means 87 percent chance of an earthquake in the next 74 days. I will go to the tarot card master tomorrow. We are all doomed.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Will this affect the price of strawberries which I'm hoping to buy along Canal Road?

1 hour ago, naboo said:

A 6th straight day of overcast, miserable, drizzly weather.

At least its not as cold as last January's rain.

My feeling is that in 10 years of coming up here at this time of year {Christmas to March] that this has been the mildest, drizzliest, misserable visit.

Not normal for the time of year at all.

On 1/2/2017 at 11:38 PM, balo said:

I visited CR a few days ago and paid 90 baht for sweet strawberries , I was surprised how good they were.. 

Yes I thought the same when I went yesterday. Not many people at all visiting the stalls so maybe the price has been affected because I'm sure what I paid 100 for yesterday cost me 150 the same time last year:smile:

• 2 weeks later...

Been here for 5 days now and no sign of rain, where has it all gone pray tell? ?

On another note, I was very pleased to see the Intellectual whore thread finally put to a halt at 33 pages. I was worried it would catch-up and overtake this as the largest thread, given the pace of postings on there. Nice to see normality restored ?

A Donald Trump morning to ya all ?

• Like 1