Rain

gotlost

The map looks calm right now..

You have to press the start button and select a timeframe, sheesh! gigglem.gif

I did. Suspect either it's changed or perhaps you're misreading the colours.

Not related directly to rain but of interest:

The keepers of the locks have opened the sluices in my neck of the woods, water in the klongs is running at the highest levels I've ever seen and it's sustained (The klong runs thru. our gardens) this following ten days of drought. The suspicion is that the surrounding rice paddies, several hundreds if not thousands of rai, are being readied for ploughing and planting - premature, who knows.

Edited by chiang mai

Very violent storm front passed through Mae Rim about 30 minutes ago. I expected the power to certainly drop out but it just flickered a few times but stayed on.

Very heavy downpour with strong winds. lasted about 10-15 minutes and now you wouldnt believe that we even had a storm. Sun is shining brilliantly and temp complete with humidity is on its way up again.

But is was another welcome drenching...time to prepare the lawn mower.

• Like 1

Very violent storm front passed through Mae Rim about 30 minutes ago. I expected the power to certainly drop out but it just flickered a few times but stayed on.

Very heavy downpour with strong winds. lasted about 10-15 minutes and now you wouldnt believe that we even had a storm. Sun is shining brilliantly and temp complete with humidity is on its way up again.

But is was another welcome drenching...time to prepare the lawn mower.

I chose a great time to reposition my sprinkler and well pumps, I just bought another day. A very intense storm that was, suddenly gone.

3rd power cut in 5 days, 3 hours so far this time,8 hours total.

This is a return to when we arrived years ago!

Not much going right here atm,sadly!

Any idea what the multiple explosions were approx one hour after power went out? Sounded like coming from Pa Daet, fire trucks and Police in BWT, sirens heard from Pa Daet direction.

3rd power cut in 5 days, 3 hours so far this time,8 hours total.

This is a return to when we arrived years ago!

Not much going right here atm,sadly!

Any idea what the multiple explosions were approx one hour after power went out? Sounded like coming from Pa Daet, fire trucks and Police in BWT, sirens heard from Pa Daet direction.

Mass executions of staff at the sub stations by disgruntled residents?

• Like 1

Finally, some good news:

"Thailand’s drought-stricken farmers got a rare bit of good news Monday, when a pair of sacred bulls predicted that the heavens would finally open during the upcoming rainy season. The bovine prophecy came during the kingdom’s much-watched annual royal ploughing ceremony, an ancient rite officially marking the start of the main rice cultivation season."

Finally, some good news:

"Thailand’s drought-stricken farmers got a rare bit of good news Monday, when a pair of sacred bulls predicted that the heavens would finally open during the upcoming rainy season. The bovine prophecy came during the kingdom’s much-watched annual royal ploughing ceremony, an ancient rite officially marking the start of the main rice cultivation season."

Read More : http://www.nst.com.my/news/2016/05/144633/sacred-bulls-predict-rainfall-parched-thailand

Out of interest what did they predict last year so we can check their accuracy ;)

• Like 1

We spent a couple of nights at Chiang Dao last week.There were water tankers delivering to households.

Anyone familiar with the ponds at the Caves entrance, well they were bone dry ,the fish being relocated to a holding area.Small waterfalls totally dry

On the way back we stopped at Mae Rim Lagoon Resort ,well the lagoon was totally empty.The grounds and gardens of the resort brown with dead or dying grass and plants.Staff said they were given instructions, from someone in authority, that no water was to be used.

Thank heavens there is no wind at the moment, the forests are a tinderbox and any fire would soon be out of control.With few access roads I doubt their ability to do anything about it.

I hope they have the Army personnel on red alert.

Edited by Sparkles

I'm contemplating putting in a deep well to support our gardens, 80 to 100 metres is easily dooable and the licence from the Amphur costs only THB 560 and one would be granted, not so in all areas however, in some it's a max. of 20 metres and no deeper.

Drillers have upped their fees, it used to cost 1k per metre and is now 1.2k, the wait list however is at least 11 weeks, from out preferred driller.