Rain

gotlost

2010-04-24_TopChart_13.jpg

Two fronts meeting!???

Posting warning.

"พายุฤดูร้อน" "Summer Storm".

ฉบับที่ 10 (50/2010) ลงวันที่ 24 เมษายน 2553 No. 10 (50/2010) dated 24 April 2553.

The air pressure is moderately high cover Thailand

Make the summer storms that occur

The nature of thunderstorms with a strong wind gust can.

Ask the people, especially the North.

Central and Southern caution on hazards of storm force winds can cause trees and signage that does not overthrow, and less healthy homes were damaged during the April 24 to 26 days with this.

For rainfall conditions in this release are made in many areas of the warm-down.

Edited by whiterussian

Had a huge amount of wind in Land & Houses, Mae Jo, with horizontal rain and several uprooted trees. I'm facing the mountain so get it pretty much full on. Guy just up the road had a 30-footer come down from next door and clip the side of the house... luckily missed the house proper and the power lines.

by the looks, parts of CM could have some rain tomorrow, heres hoping

05d.png

TV weather

I'll stick my neck out. NO CHANCE. :)

I'll stick my neck out also....... just got it on good word.... no rain for forty days and forty nights...... even all the animals are leaving.... now what am I going to do with all this teak wood....

wasnt such good word after all, maybe it was a wet dry dream :D

Nothing south of San Kamphaeng - saw rain to the west, saw rain to the east, all we got was loss of power.  Luckily, only missed the first 8 mins of ManU v Spurs.  I even kept the sprinklers on throughout, just to draw the rain in, but didn't work  :)

Do you think its possible to have a huge great 'wick' into a borehole... and by capillary action the water could collect above ground?

Im trying to think of an 'eco' way of watering my garden all year round...

solar pump?  will cost you, me thinks.  or rig up a pump powered by exercise bicycle :)

I understand the storm was very severe in Lampoon. A friend called saying there were trees and large limbs down all over, bad traffic accidents and even a fellowemployee was in one as she was driving. She also said a building had collapsed from the wind, as all the roof tiles blew off . Sounded scary and I wished her godspeed getting home to Chiangmai.

me smith

re .... or rig up a pump powered by exercise bicycle.

like these ?

go for it whiterussian .... its not too hot : )

and this was yesterdays rain over doi suthep at about 6 30

for those of you who didnt get any : (

dave2

Got some this evening out towards Hang Dong, the first since Songkran. Of course I had just prepared some ribs, and just as I lit the charcoal - yep, starts raining. So there I was outside standing in the rain with a garbage can cover over the grill hoping it will pause long enough to finish the job. :)

I blame it on the maw doo next door. Every year shortly after Songkran he has tamboon. Street shut off with tents, blaring speakers, monks chanting, girl(s) singing. Only a couple of hours later it rained. Our local version of the Indian rain dance.

Been told by my neighbour that our local wat is called Wat Pa Daed

which means sunshine forest!

because its always bloody sunny here! and bone dry!

went for a run in the leper colony today as usual... lots of giant bamboo there (50 years old?) anyway.. lots had bent in the winds recently.. and even saw a huge group snap before my eyes!

So a tree falling in the woods with no-one to see it does make a sound!