Rain

gotlost

Something strange now. Out towards Hang Dong the winds have been blowing strongly for about 2-3 hours. In the last few minutes there is a very strong smell of smoke. The house is acrid with it, eyes burning and outside large wafts of smoke but no fire anywhere. There is a large dormant rice field behind us but nothing burning anywhere that I can see. Inversion layer?

Something strange now. Out towards Hang Dong the winds have been blowing strongly for about 2-3 hours. In the last few minutes there is a very strong smell of smoke. The house is acrid with it, eyes burning and outside large wafts of smoke but no fire anywhere. There is a large dormant rice field behind us but nothing burning anywhere that I can see. Inversion layer?

Some where in your area they are burning a field, may be a klick or 2 away but your getting the shyt end of it. It happens to me now and then.

Some where in your area they are burning a field, may be a klick or 2 away but your getting the shyt end of it. It happens to me now and then.

Could be, the wind is quite strong and the smoke coming from upwind but it's nasty, not had it this bad before - eyes so bad have to squint now. Could use that rain about now. :)

//edit - well, just stepped outside and the haze that covered the area for several hundred meters has gone and smells ok now. Of course the inside of the house smells like someone set a match to a newspaper still. :D

Sorry Gonzo, but we have had solid rain here for the last five hours. There goes the lawn mowing :)

Wow, 5 hours! Dry as a bone on the southwest side this morning. Just a few clouds above.

Rain...Rain...Rain..rain rain

When will this rain ever stop......

Just wanted to be the first to start the bitchin'

Spotty rain like this does not count...... A RAIN is a Rain that covers the whole region, not a back yard and garden here and there....

What you guys are calling rain is nothing more than an excuse for the Electric Co to shut off power for an hour or two.....

If it really was rain, we would not have electric for days.... with the technical ability of these utility co.'s

...by the way, I was absent because I was talking with Superman...... burp

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Rain...Rain...Rain..rain rain

When will this rain ever stop......

Just wanted to be the first to start the bitchin'

Spotty rain like this does not count...... A RAIN is a Rain that covers the whole region, not a back yard and garden here and there....

What you guys are calling rain is nothing more than an excuse for the Electric Co to shut off power for an hour or two.....

If it really was rain, we would not have electric for days.... with the technical ability of these utility co.'s

...by the way, I was absent because I was talking with Superman...... burp

And don't forget the internet as well... Lots of Mae Rim was not working....

According to www.tmd.go.th/en we should have had approximately 90.8mm of rain to date BUT have only received 30.7mm to date. Whats wrong with this picture? :D

....the picture , nothing,,,,,, but the measuring stick is Thai and has some numbers missing

Where's my glasses? :)

It's pouring down now out Hang Dong way. Streets even have puddles on them. :D Of course I again was planning a BBQ. :D

I can tell that by the fact that the cable TV is out!! Always happens when the storm comes up from Hang Dong :)

it was raining half a click down towards doi saket, when picking up the GF last night, coming back to san kamphaeng, nada.

maybe i should plan a bbq,wash the car or get the lawn mower out