Rain

gotlost

Hearing thunder in three different directions.

Rain has just started. if the TMD make a link between the weather and earthquake, I'm going to.... I don't know, but I'll be very upset.

This is now rainy season so we will no longer need to post for each event.... let's put this thread to bed 'till next dry season.

It's raining, the frogs are singing, I'm happy smile.png

Stop your moaning laugh.png

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Bless me father for I have sinned........ I have been part of a lazy bunch that let this most sacred of threads go so long without a post.

and because of this we have had very little rain , well into the supposed rainy season.

Com'on guys and girls...... we have to placate the gods and do some type of rain dance or something..... The reservoirs are never going to be filled at this rate.

I went looking for this post in memory or Gotlost....... hoo dunn got lossssed

Com'on RAIN

It took a search to find this on thread all the way back to page 92 ! ! !

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Bless me father for I have sinned........ I have been part of a lazy bunch that let this most sacred of threads go so long without a post.

and because of this we have had very little rain , well into the supposed rainy season.

Com'on guys and girls...... we have to placate the gods and do some type of rain dance or something..... The reservoirs are never going to be filled at this rate.

I went looking for this post in memory or Gotlost....... hoo dunn got lossssed

Com'on RAIN

It took a search to find this on thread all the way back to page 92 ! ! !

SE of city, only 2 days (including today) since heavy rain. Most days, garden getting a thorough soaking. I class this as an above average wet season so far biggrin.png

I was going to revive this thread to post about the lack of rain this year. I may do a statistical analysis gotlost style once the daughter has gone to bed if I can find the pages of data.

Can't find all the data, so a summary:

Year to date, we're 334mm, against 375 average YTD by the end of June. I remember the stats being quite similar last year.

Northern north Thai provinces:

...........................This YTD...........Ave YTD

Chiang Mai.............334...................375

Lamphun................295...................345

Mae Hongson.........309...................430

Chiang Rai.............335...................545

Phayo.....................261...................405

Phrae.....................438...................405

Nan.........................346...................460

We are currently behind, as we were last year. However, the rainy season has a long way to go with over a metre of rain in an average year.

• Like 2

Can't find all the data, so a summary:

Year to date, we're 334mm, against 375 average YTD by the end of June. I remember the stats being quite similar last year.

Northern north Thai provinces:

...........................This YTD...........Ave YTD

Chiang Mai.............334...................375

Lamphun................295...................345

Mae Hongson.........309...................430

Chiang Rai.............335...................545

Phayo.....................261...................405

Phrae.....................438...................405

Nan.........................346...................460

We are currently behind, as we were last year. However, the rainy season has a long way to go with over a metre of rain in an average year.

Well, on our plot of land, we seem to be above average. South of SK, normally a rain shadow compared to the rest of the valley. Not this year. Also, I see a lot of heavy low cloud on the mountains east & north east of CM, which I interpret as rain.

• 2 weeks later...

One of the great things about this particular thread is the historical value.

If you think or think you remember something in the rain mode, in years gone past.... go back in our own TV Time Machine and check out what happened at this particular time in years past.

Good Show Got Lost, where ever you are

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So, who else thinks it's been unusually dry this month? Wish I knew where my links to recorded data are. I've only been able to find yearly averages. Who has links?

I agree that it has been significantly less then normal.

August 2013 - 297mm. August 2014 so far - 161mm

http://www.accuweather.com/en/th/chiang-mai/317505/august-weather/317505?monyr=8/1/2014&view=table#

Averages:

average-rainfall-thailand-chiang-mai.png

• Like 1

What I find really unusual is that during rainy season we tend to get a heavy, short downpour every other day or so, but this year we seem to be going a week or more in between those downpours. I feel for the farmers, it must be looking like a tough year ahead for them. I suppose if I was a negative nelly I could that that the lack of rain could also potentially lead to an early start to the burning. But I'm not, and I'm sure it won't be any worse than this year was.

Chiang Mai had had 638mm of rain this year, as of 7am this morning. Average for the end of August is 740mm, need lots of rain this weekend to keep the statisticians happy.

Raining now.

We're getting a bit more now. I was going to go to the gym this afternoon, but maybe I'll just go for a swim in the condo parking lot.