Rain

gotlost

Very heavy winds in Mae Hia. Sounds like some roof tops flying by. Just waiting for the power to go .... smile.png Oops, spoke too soon power just dropped for a few seconds.

Reports of a roof flying off a gas station in Mae Rim. Be careful out there!

Mmmm, a decent prolonged burst in Watkate, the power went out of course, Mrs CM got stuck in the lift for 30 mins , security out on Song Kran duties, hmmm!

Blame it on Burma. Their forest fires are wreaking havoc with Thailand's meteorology laugh.png

• Like 1

Visiting north of Chiangrai where the hail damaged roof photos were taken.

An amazing amount of damage to most residences.

The whole area is abuzz with workmen and trucks and piles of smashed or new roof tiles.

I'm told people living alone etc are being helped by government or local government or something.

Certainly looks like a big communal effort going on, just cycled up the valley in the dark and work still going on if they need more light they just set fire to the grass nearby.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Mmmm, a decent prolonged burst in Watkate, the power went out of course, Mrs CM got stuck in the lift for 30 mins , security out on Song Kran duties, hmmm!

Was this at Floral? I thought they had a generator for the lifts that started immediately and automatically when the power went off.

Edited by mesquite

Was this at Floral? I thought they had a generator for the lifts that started immediately and automatically when the power went off.

Yes, but sometimes when the power transitions it trips a breaker which in turn triggers an alarm in the office, the office was empty and a lone security guard was on walkabout!

Very heavy winds in Mae Hia. Sounds like some roof tops flying by. Just waiting for the power to go .... smile.png Oops, spoke too soon power just dropped for a few seconds.

Caltex in Mae Rim is closed hard! The entire roof over the pump islands stood on end and then flew into the adjacent building, landing upside down next to a delivery tanker. Looks like it was put together with 8 inch I-Beams so there were some high winds involved.

• Like 1

Caltex in Mae Rim is closed hard! The entire roof over the pump islands stood on end and then flew into the adjacent building, landing upside down next to a delivery tanker. Looks like it was put together with 8 inch I-Beams so there were some high winds involved.

Lot's of damage indeed. Photos here at cmprice.com

• Like 1

Lot's of damage indeed. Photos here at cmprice.com

Looks like Mae Rim getting hit again.. winds really started in downtown Chiang Mai now.. according to the radar some stormy weather coming in from the northwest,, keep away from trees petrol stations and large billboards..

• Like 1

Just been up north if ?Chiangrai where the massive hailstones have ruined most of the (sheet) roofs.

Tonight I was at dinner at a brand new house where they had CPAC interlocking concrete tiles.

Was amazed to learn that even three of these were broken in the hailstorm.

That must be some kind of a record.....especially as they are usually at a much steeper angle than the sheet roofs, thus reducing the strike.

Sent from my iPad using ThaiVisa app

Just been up north if ?Chiangrai where the massive hailstones have ruined most of the (sheet) roofs.

Tonight I was at dinner at a brand new house where they had CPAC interlocking concrete tiles.

Just found this video showing the type of damage that happened there. Quite bad indeed.

Just found this video showing the type of damage that happened there. Quite bad indeed.

An oportunity for some though

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have just checked the forecast for today because this afternoon I will be at an outdoor event. And yes there is rain forecast from 3pm. Now I am torn between being pleased at the prospect of rain and unhappy at the prospect of a soggy event. After due consideration I am happy if it rains.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I have just checked the forecast for today because this afternoon I will be at an outdoor event. And yes there is rain forecast from 3pm. Now I am torn between being pleased at the prospect of rain and unhappy at the prospect of a soggy event. After due consideration I am happy if it rains.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Go to your event and enjoy the best time you ever could have. Don't worry about the forecast. We have had two weeks now of forecast violent storms with a front coming from here and another doing this and another doing that, and what do we get?????? nada

Enjoy yourself .... care free ...... If the forecasters knew what they were doing they could have a real job.....bah.gif

Edited by Gonzo the Face

Big t-storm in Pai; temp dropped to 20; garden soaked.smile.png

Good to hear. We've got the usual afternoon cloud build up, wind build up.....

And then nothing sad.png

What a tease....

Edited by MESmith
  • Like 2