Have You Eaten At The Hard Rock Cafe?

Ulysses G.

I knew that it was expensive, but I was expecting 300 baht burgers, rather than almost 400 baht, and 100 baht singha beer, instead of over 200 baht.

The food was better than most places, but not enough better to be worth so much more.

Would anyone go there twice? :)

Used to go there every saturday night with my family ( early ).as for pricing its pretty obvious by all the " where can i get noodles for less that 20 baht " topics that TV has some, lets say thrifty members :D that expats wont eat there, its all down to budget, we enjoyed it and only stopped as we do someting different most weekends now, but as for quality, ok,,,,,pricing, up to you and your budget,. :)

Been there many times through the years and was there very recently.

yes the burgers are expensive, and also yes they are good quality.

At the end of the day I go there for the live music and ambiance, not the burgers...

And all that has to be paid for.

There is an excellent rock band playing there at the moment - one of the best they have had in recent years - if you are not too old to stand the volume :)

Back in the states we had one close to me in NJ (Atlantic City). Very overpriced, really just a Novelty place. Went once to see Trey Anastacio (of"Phish") doing solo tour of "Shine", that's another story". The pricing you quoted equates to hmmmm $12 for the burger alone ,no thank you!

No I would never go again for food.

I have learned that when it comes to beef here in the LOS, you will only be dissapointed (I am sure another topic prior)...

Edited by Newguy70

That answers one question about why to go. I went there in the daytime and there were no other customers. I did not know that they have live bands.

Agree whole-heartedly, I went once about 8 years ago when the burger price was around 250 Baht, beer expensive and I haven't been back since. As for quality, I was disappointed having previously been to Hard Rock in London and it did not compare favourably, nor, to my mind, provide value for money. If the prices are high to pay for the entertainment, then surely there should a lower price menu for when that entertainment is not being provided. I won't be returning!

I have only ever been there late to see the live Philippino bands which are all very good. They give an excellent show.

The HR staff are also wild and join in and there is nearly always a decent crowd there , including some classy single ladies, to get the party mood going. I don't always eat, and I am sure a coke or a local beer is around 100 Baht (maybe 120 max) which is the same as anywhere else of that quality with live foreign music.

The food is optional, and you certainly don't have to eat.

Don't forget this is part of the Hard Rock hotel which is a 5 star hotel and quite expensive.

Up to you....... :)

We went about 2 years ago in the daytime ,the burgers were very nice and there were very few people in the cafe,to be honest it was expensive for what we ate and ime no cheap charlie,ok for the tourists ,which i am sure its aimed at.

Definitely aimed at the tourist crowd, I'd think not even the expats like to pay that much for a burger.

Not sure on the drinks prices, if over 200 Baht for Singha then way to expensive, regardless of entertainment.

With good entertainment (which I know they have) I have no problem paying up to say 140 or 150 for a beer! Thos people do have to get paid and they don't come cheap...

I went there once. Not only did I find it way over-priced, the "burger" was terrible IMO.

I'd agree with that. It's very poor quality compared with what's on offer at other Hard Rock Cafes around the world, even the one in Bangkok (which is weird, as you'd think they'd have pretty much identical suppliers, but from what I recall a few years back the one in BKK was actually OK - still well over-priced, though). The best burgers I have had in Thailand have been at Tony Roma's. I wish they would open a branch down here. :)

I have learned that when it comes to beef here in the LOS, you will only be dissapointed (I am sure another topic prior)...

Come on...that's a totally unfounded exaggeration.

The Pen-fed Thai beef is very good. If you really want to splash out you can buy imported US, Australian and New Zealand beef in Foodland. I've even seen 9,999 baht/kg Kobe beef for sale there.

To say you cannot get good beef here is nonsense. Like anywhere else, you have to pay for quality beef.

I went to the one in Bangkok. Awfull. The staff / door security checked inside of my girlfriends handbag upon entering. What did they think she had in there? The steak was a local steak and of poor quality. Like leather and pretty expensive leather at that. The only saving grace was the carafe of white wine which was a very good Italian white from memory. The food was crap. don't go.

Edited by Geekfreaklover

400 buy 4 BBQ whole chicken on samui....

But then if I am shocked by the "steep price" of some menu item in a certain venue - I don't go there!

at the 7/11 or "mum's place" they sell the beer from the fridge for almost the carton price... but then the

ambience is somewhat crude at the stone table on the plastic stools, but undisputable thai - live!

Some people do watch Aida in ashoe box and are happy to have paid nothing or close to nothin' - well...

What did they think she had in there?

Just a sign of the times, what do you think all the security check-points in the malls are for? It is just that the security staff at the Hard Rock are better trained.

Personally, I make it a point to go to the HRC every time I am in BKK, I think the food is pretty good, and I am willing to pay for the entertainment (I live in Siem Reap where good live acts are unheard of).

You can take the boy off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the boy. I'm still an old farm boy. I don't enjoy five star hotels or fancy restaurants. I'm much more comfortable at a small pub or a guest house. I'd rather eat at Bob's BBQ than Hard Rock.

You can take the boy off the farm but you can't take the farm out of the boy. I'm still an old farm boy. I don't enjoy five star hotels or fancy restaurants. I'm much more comfortable at a small pub or a guest house. I'd rather eat at Bob's BBQ than Hard Rock.

Is what I meant - if you go to the Hard Rock, don't expect prices,

quality and atmosphere like at "Bob's BBQ"...

I enjoy everything about the Hard Rock, both the hotel and the cafe, but I just cannot justify paying those prices. Yes, I am willing to pay a premium for top quality but their prices are ridiculous and border on rip off amounts.

Has anybody recently seen the price to use the pool for the day if you are not a resident? Last year I think it was 800 Baht a person!!!

Way, way too much.

I enjoy everything about the Hard Rock, both the hotel and the cafe, but I just cannot justify paying those prices. Yes, I am willing to pay a premium for top quality but their prices are ridiculous and border on rip off amounts.

Has anybody recently seen the price to use the pool for the day if you are not a resident? Last year I think it was 800 Baht a person!!!

Way, way too much.

at my watering hole it's free for how long one wishes to play

unless there are other s who would like to enjoy a couple of rounds too....

... lucky anyone has choices...aye?

Imagine a Hard Rock Dictatorship - where everyone would have to buy those "overpriced" burgers... and beers.. :)

Way, way too much.

at my watering hole it's free for how long one wishes to play

unless there are other s who would like to enjoy a couple of rounds too....

... lucky anyone has choices...aye?

Imagine a Hard Rock Dictatorship - where everyone would have to buy those "overpriced" burgers... and beers.. :)

I think Howard was reffering to the swimming pool at the Pattaya Hard Rock.

But, I agree. Whats the point in paying thrice the amount for something that is a third of the price down the road and of better quality.

Have eaten there and the food was not very good and very expensive.

Much better value for same money going to the seafood restaurants on walking st and you can have a feast in style.

I have seen some good bands there.

Drinks were okay price considering the entertainment.

I think they have a cover charge after a certain time for the band.

For 400 Bht one gets an imported steak at other places.

Imho the Hardrock concept is quite out. It seems to attract many one time visitors, who spend for caps and merchandise.

Beer is way overpriced as well, but prices seem to be identical all over the world.

For me there are dozens of alternatives in Pattaya to enjoy a beer with good live music and all are way cheaper!

Cheers

That answers one question about why to go. I went there in the daytime and there were no other customers. I did not know that they have live bands.

but you must have seen the menu and price,before ordering right?

Yes, but I was hoping the quality of the food would justify the prices. It was a little better than your average place, but twice as expensive.